diy solar

diy solar

No Topic…

JRH

Solar Wizard
As this is a solar and related forum I will respect that in what I will post…. But Batteries are the foundation of our industry or hobby or whatever…And as a follower of many type forums related to solar , battery tech, EV cars and future development of about anything I might want and stuff that seems like “ what’s coming” , I present this idea…

If the West ,including Europe , Aussie and Canada ( Other Than Elon) doesn't get their act together and eyes on the ball concerning the coming years and the technology that we will need , and quit focusing on the dumbest crap in all of history then we all better start learning Mandrin in the near future……

Legacy vehicle companies are so far behind in battery tech they will likely assume the role of the VHS tape.

I just bought all BB and now here comes Mangunese ….oh that’s really great…will probably be 199.00 each and free shipping…

I know it will be awhile but ,stilll….Geezzz

whatever…..!

I've already started learning Mandarin.
Haaa… I have too, online … not easy.. but core phrases are all I’m doing…

It too late in life to become a conversationalist.
i would post a few …but ….. well, we just will move on…

And while this is going on, opec cuts production, making batteries more cost effective. At least the US isn’t alone in our willingness to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Reactions: JRH
And while this is going on, opec cuts production, making batteries more cost effective. At least the US isn’t alone in our willingness to shoot ourselves in the foot.
Us and most all of the first world countries have become champions at doing that…

Yes LMFP (Lithium Manganese Phosphate) is coming and it has a much higher density & temperature profile. Gotion, CALB, EVE and a couple of others will be releasing these starting Q1-2024 BUT these will NOT BE AVAILABLE to the public as such as it is all spoken for by EV Companies & Energy Storage companies. Depending on how the factory facilities roll out, that will impact when this chemistry will be publicly available, which is not likely to be before Q4-2024. LMFP can be Cylindrical, Prismatic or Pouch as well, so it is suitable for most use cases.

The UPSIDE of this, is that standard LFP will continue to drop in cost both at the wholesale & retail side and as the demands shift that will make more product available in the shorter term (5 years).

ALSO Another Gotcha popped up out of the USA, that is a company has just finalized testing a new flowcell tech that costs half as much for the density, is half teh size as well and considerably more cost effective. the US DOE, Georgia Tech University have really cracked this nut and it's headed toward production. These are small Residential Scale units and if all goes well they should appear by 2025.

Back