diy solar

diy solar

Orion JR2 BMS FS

willo

Solar Enthusiast
I have a few Orions actually.
I have one Orion JR2 BMS that I purchased new earlier last year. It's been on my boat on the hard in Florida, and the DB9 has some lovely surface rust on it.
I am replacing it with a REC BMS that'll work better with my victron gear and wakespeed controller. The BMS works, but honestly it's better for an EV build than my solar boat build.

This is really just a feeler, but if I could recover say a few hundred on this I'd be happy.

I can vouch for the Orions. I just upgraded from a JR to a JR2 that works with my SolArk. I would recommend it to anyone who wants a bullet proof contactor based BMS that communicates with the SolArk.

Is it the "with CAN" model? Does it include a hall effect current sensor and what amps? I'm assuming contactor not included.

I'll go look in a bit. I just moved but I think I know where I shuffled things around to.
Yes it has the hall effect sensor, amps are dependent on the contactor. The hard lesson I learned there was to make sure you buy one with the economizer.

Ok, no rush. I am curious if it'a the older 200A hall effect or the 350A they come with now. But I wouldn't know how to tell the difference.

I have looked into it and more specifically I am wanting to confirm if it is model number J2BMS16C exactly, with the C.

The JR2 I have is model J2BMS16C.
500a hall effect. Harness connectors are all there, but you can get replacements from orionbms.com if you want to re-cut them. I mostly kept things intact since I kept messing with my physical install for a while.
I paid $656 for it in Jan 2022.

Thanks for digging it up! Maybe I should have made my offer up front to save you the time, but would you take $200 for it? (Plus shipping UPS ground, which I figure is about $25.)

Given the condition with surface rust, $275 shipped is the closest I would come to that (and must be agreed to use UPS ground to California).

You know what, sure. I'll be one less thing in my pile of stuff.
Paypal or venmo works. Let me know and I'll pm you details

Great, just to be sure we're talking about harness and hall effect included right? Can I pm you my phone number and we text for the address and payment details? Between those two, I have Paypal (alternatively, Apple Pay Cash).

Back