diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

It looks like we need clarification and why the description is shown as for example "CALB 300ah 310ah 400Ah 400Ah CATL 302Ah Lifepo4 "
This is part of why I contacted @Jenny Wu directly. It was so hard to tell what was legitimate and what wasn't. Not saying 500ah is made up, but it's like buying a giant off brand TV at Walmart on black friday.

The posted link from Alibaba has Docan advertising some hefty 500ah cells, but havent heard of anyone purchasing them.
Ahh now I see, the link is a mobile link, it won't display right for me on my laptop so its hard to see any details. Its a confusing ad made more confusing by trying to view it on mobile, but it looks like when you actually click the Ah capacity you want (400Ah, 500Ah, etc) on the product page it shows what looks to be Sinopoly (black nylon cased cells) which are in fact produced in 400Ah and 500Ah sizes. The images of the blue prismatics in the listing are confusing/misleading though if I am seeing the listing correctly.

This is part of why I contacted @Jenny Wu directly. It was so hard to tell what was legitimate and what wasn't. Not saying 500ah is made up, but it's like buying a giant off brand TV at Walmart on black friday.
Only if the TV was marketed as "43inch 50inch 60inch 80inch" and the box had pictures of multiple different TVs ?

Ahh now I see, the link is a mobile link, it won't display right for me on my laptop so its hard to see any details. Its a confusing ad made more confusing by trying to view it on mobile, but it looks like when you actually click the Ah capacity you want (400Ah, 500Ah, etc) on the product page it shows what looks to be Sinopoly (black nylon cased cells) which are in fact produced in 400Ah and 500Ah sizes. The images of the blue prismatics in the listing are confusing/misleading though if I am seeing the listing correctly.
Aah thanks for the info. I saw mentioned the largest cell was the eve 280, and than eve 304, so went poking around on their alibaba page and saw these nylon cases cells. I've seen the large yellow Winston, grey calb, and some blue cells, as well as those old black sinopoly cells from wills old videos, but I hadn't ever seen the type pictured on the Docan Alibaba page. Was surprised, esp at 400-500ah.

Reactions: Dzl
Aah thanks for the info. I saw mentioned the largest cell was the eve 280, and than eve 304, so went poking around on their alibaba page and saw these nylon cases cells. I've seen the large yellow Winston, grey calb, and some blue cells, as well as those old black sinopoly cells from wills old videos, but I hadn't ever seen the type pictured on the Docan Alibaba page. Was surprised, esp at 400-500ah.
Yeah, I was rather surprised to see these on their site too, my experience has been that Alibaba resellers rarely advertise Sinopoly cells, and I actually wasn't aware of the larger Sinopoly cells (I thought they only made up to 200AH these days. But I checked Sinopoly's website and they do list a 400Ah cell SP-LFP400AHA though no mention of a 500Ah cell. However, EVlithium (whom I've found to have pretty reliable info) does list a 500Ah Sinopoly cell (SP-LFP500AHA) maybe it is no longer in production.

Last edited:
Shale, you must put a compression fixture on all of those cells immediately or they will fall off the wall by sundown. ?

Yes, I’m making fun.

Looks like a very nice setup you have there.

Shale, you must put a compression fixture on all of those cells immediately or they will fall off the wall by sundown. ?

Yes, I’m making fun.

Looks like a very nice setup you have there.
Thanks. Yeah, I joined in after they released the numbers showing performance without compression and decided... "yeah, I might live that long" and then I moved on :)

Batteries are all staying within hundredths of each other after top balancing, even after not being balanced for a few months after initial charge.
Not to pick nits, but "within hundredths" could mean 99mV, right? That would be 9.9 hundredths of a volt. Not particularly well balanced. Is that what you mean?

Not to pick nits, but "within hundredths" could mean 99mV, right? That would be 9.9 hundredths of a volt. Not particularly well balanced. Is that what you mean?
I guess take the S off, the most Ive seen is 13mV but usually 1-8mV, I thought that was pretty good compared to other batteries I've mucked with, but I have limited experience

What is the largest cells Jenny or Docan can supply. i can't seem to find out. on Alibaba there site hints to 500, 450 ect but no direct info.

PS. ghostwriter66, "RF Engineer goddess extraordinaire" I whole heartedly agree and Jenny Wu also. both smart and hot. (sorry for being truthful.)
and thank you both for all the info presented.

I google-mapped the shipping address off my UPS label for my cells:
GILA EFEST, 12664 Goar Road in Houston, this is the strip mall at that street address.

If you google EFEST there are some results for ecig batteries from china out of houston.

Last edited:
Just chiming in with my fantastic experience. I ordered EVE 304ah from Jenny at Docan in early November. They arrived on Monday - about 10 weeks. They did land in Canada over the holidays so I suspect it took a bit longer probably to unload and get to UPS.

As others mentioned, Jenny was communicative, timely, answered all questions and the package arrived safely. It was well packed and everything was in pristine condition. I highly recommend purchasing from her.

Top balancing to come soon!

Same for me. Arrived today. First impressions (Only opened 1 box): They look great, no visible damage. (But I wasn't expecting anything less - and if it was beaten up it wasn't likely to be Docans fault)

It was supposed to ship by sea, but I personally doubt it. The DPD tracking started at a logistics hub in Poland, near Warsaw. That's quite a strange port ;) (The nearest port with a container terminal is like 300km away)
All orders from other sellers went by train and also arrived in Poland in the EU, and UPS/DPD took care of the final part of its journey.
And next to the DPD hub is a rail container terminal so I think they actually came by train, not by sea.

Also: The Netherlands (where I am) does have a rather large containership terminal. It doesn't make sense to ship them first all the way to Poland. Rotterdam or Antwerpen as port destination would make much more sense.

Doesn't matter to me, the cells are arrived and that's all that matters, in about 2 months, including the holidays so I'm not complaining!

And: I noticed UN3481 labels on the box. This is the first supplier so far which had these boxes properly labelled

Last edited:

CATL 280Ah Battery cell performance​

The cell has a maximum cycle life of 12000times = 32.8 years of service if treated right. WOW !

Back