diy solar

diy solar

Looking for some perspective

bcrosby

Just over a year ago I purchased 32 EVE LF280K cells with welded studs through Jenny Wu at Docan. Like many of you, the sale went smoothly and the product arrived in great condition. I assembled one 8 cell pack and one 16 cell pack according to generally accepted practices. Just before Christmas, I discovered that one cell in my 8 cell pack had failed. After testing thoroughly and confirming that the cell would not hold a charge, I contacted Jenny Wu. The initial conversation was a bit stand-offish. She finally offered a 1/2 price cell to be shipped from USA stock. Then she simply disappeared. At this stage I guess I need to simply move on. I'm disappointed to say the least.

Now I'm looking for a way to resurrect my pack. Does anyone have a single cell they would be willing to sell to me? Should I simple buy 4 more cells from Chine? If so, from whom?

Any advice or perspective will be appreciated! Thanks . . .

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your issues.
Have you tried to contact Jenny again recently? I know Chinese New Year was going on.

This isn't good to hear seeing Docan is a recommended seller... Please keep us updated.

Sojourner1, Thanks so much for the links! Both companies have possibilities. We will see . . .

Well, it's time to offer an update on my situation. It's not a particularly happy ending but it is what it is. :(

Shortly after my posting this thread, I re-connected with Jenny Wu via an email address I had not previously used. She re-stated her earlier proposed "settlement" that she would be willing to ship a replacement cell from USA stock if I was willing to pay 1/2 of the retail cost of the cell. I tried to get her to let me document the fact that the cell had, in fact, failed without any mis-use or abuse but she absolutely refused! After two or three rounds of negotiation without any movement on her part, I finally agreed to let her send me a replacement. For me, it was simply an expedient choice. Either, I could accept her so-called "settlement" or I could go elsewhere to try to find a replacement from some other source (at a higher cost). I believe she owed me the opportunity to make my case that she owed me a replacement cell but I couldn't get her to agree to that.

I had paid $125.75 for the original cell (including shipping) and ended up paying $78.23 for the replacement (also including shipping) so it wasn't even a half price settlement. The only good news out of this is that I now have a full pack again. The bad news is that I absolutely will NOT do business with her again. It makes me sad because my initial transaction with her was positive! It's time to move on.

Just over a year ago I purchased 32 EVE LF280K cells with welded studs through Jenny Wu at Docan. Like many of you, the sale went smoothly and the product arrived in great condition. I assembled one 8 cell pack and one 16 cell pack according to generally accepted practices. Just before Christmas, I discovered that one cell in my 8 cell pack had failed. After testing thoroughly and confirming that the cell would not hold a charge, I contacted Jenny Wu. The initial conversation was a bit stand-offish. She finally offered a 1/2 price cell to be shipped from USA stock. Then she simply disappeared. At this stage I guess I need to simply move on. I'm disappointed to say the least.

Now I'm looking for a way to resurrect my pack. Does anyone have a single cell they would be willing to sell to me? Should I simple buy 4 more cells from Chine? If so, from whom?

Any advice or perspective will be appreciated! Thanks . . .
You had the cells for over a year?
The fact she even offered to do half price is pretty amazing.
No warranty as far as I know comes with those.

I didn’t get any warranty with mine that I’m aware.

I feel that you should buy a battery that can not provide after-sales service, perhaps only consider buying a battery, which should not be too big a problem as long as the pressure difference between the batteries in the safe range, you are advised to buy the public sale of batteries.
I'm also a brand supplier head in China and I haven't heard anything like that, no warranty policy? I think it is normal to offer half price service genuinely. My peer circle like SOK, EG4 these have to provide the corresponding warranty service, of course, if you buy a B-grade battery that when I did not say, itself those cheap batteries are a lot of hidden problems, the supplier will not pay for these determined that will produce hidden problems, the current battery market are more transparent.
Your location says California, your writing says China.

Last edited:
After a full year? I also would have been glad to pay full price and get a single cell that semi matches the others.

I'm also a brand supplier head in China and I haven't heard anything like that, no warranty policy? I think it is normal to offer half price service genuinely.
What you are offering is not a warranty. Warranty replacement is done at no charge. What your offering is how so many suppliers get a reputation of terrible customer service and have earned a reputation of ripping people off. If your product fails, the company owes the customer a replacement within warranty period.

Who do you work for? Sounds like you are proud to offer that crap warranty. You should be happy to share that information.

Do you inform customers that your warranty is garbage?

I was offered a discount on a product that failed outside the warranty period once. That was a nice gesture. If they had done that during the warranty period I would have been ticked off.

I was offered a discount on a product that failed outside the warranty period once. That was a nice gesture. If they had done that during the warranty period I would have been ticked off.
Good point. I think the OP was probably done ok if the was expired. That's different that Ambrose6 offered. Also, I should have looked at their profile pic..

I'm also a brand supplier head in China and I haven't heard anything like that, no warranty policy? I think it is normal to offer half price service genuinely.
This isn't a warranty, half price when under the warranty period? You think that's good customer service?

We can return your faulty battery at no cost to you 7 years. except that the faulty battery will surely reappear in another person's home and at a very cheap price.
Are you bragging about that? I'm confused why you'd bring it up. Also, that's not the warranty polict on your website.

Well, it's time to offer an update on my situation. It's not a particularly happy ending but it is what it is. :(

Shortly after my posting this thread, I re-connected with Jenny Wu via an email address I had not previously used. She re-stated her earlier proposed "settlement" that she would be willing to ship a replacement cell from USA stock if I was willing to pay 1/2 of the retail cost of the cell. I tried to get her to let me document the fact that the cell had, in fact, failed without any mis-use or abuse but she absolutely refused! After two or three rounds of negotiation without any movement on her part, I finally agreed to let her send me a replacement. For me, it was simply an expedient choice. Either, I could accept her so-called "settlement" or I could go elsewhere to try to find a replacement from some other source (at a higher cost). I believe she owed me the opportunity to make my case that she owed me a replacement cell but I couldn't get her to agree to that.

I had paid $125.75 for the original cell (including shipping) and ended up paying $78.23 for the replacement (also including shipping) so it wasn't even a half price settlement. The only good news out of this is that I now have a full pack again. The bad news is that I absolutely will NOT do business with her again. It makes me sad because my initial transaction with her was positive! It's time to move on.
As much as it is bad that you had to purchase another cell, I suspect most battery don't come with significant warranty. The assembled ones being sold in retail do, however, they would factor in some cost of repairs in their retail pricing.

Docan states their warranty is 3 years on cells if a cell drops below 80% capacity in that time they will replace it or give a satisfactory solution

if they are not honoring their warranty we need to get the word out

Back