diy solar

diy solar

Overkill BMS 8s

JJJJ

Aspiring apprentice
Good morning. I am capacity testing a 302 AH 8s battery pack.

When I first started the test, I noted that it was set to the default 100 AH setting. I upgraded to the Iphone Pro version and updated the Total battery and capacity settings and sent these back to the BMS.

Currently the BMS consumed AH is not matching the tester. In addition, the remaining capacity per the software appears too low for this type and size of battery.

Do I understand that this technology requires a full cycle in order to arrive at the proper percentage settings? I am hoping so.

Thank you

Do I understand that this technology requires a full cycle in order to arrive at the proper percentage settings?
Can you post a pic of your settings?

Assuming you changed the battery capacity to 302Ah, it should use your voltage based estimates until a full charge cycle or two.
I wish this was clearer myself but then again all charge cycles are different so maybe it’s difficult to explain/document.

yup, can confirm. It is self calibrating once it reaches full charge. Even worse, whenever you change settings on the BMS App it will reset SOC to that incorrect value. While I kinda understand if you change capacity settings, i wish that for other settings SOC was stored in memory.

Back