diy solar

diy solar

QCell Bifacial or not???

TJOPT

Hey y’all … hoping to get some advice. I am looking at QCell 400W (Q Peak Duo BLK ML-G10+ vs the same model number but with T-400 at the end) panels with either a solid back or a transparent back. This is a bifacial but seems to be different type of bifacial that an all glass panel. I am looking for advice as to which to choose.

Thank you in advance!!!

Cost is the same between the panels … I realize that it seems like “a no brainer” to go with the bifacial. I am just making sure I am not overlooking the obvious.
You’re over analyzing-if anything bifacials are better in most aspects including physical durability with a glass backsheet instead of a white plastic one, at equal cost any additional production is literally free energy.

It seems like these are two variations of a non glass backsheet bifacial panel and the difference between black and transparent is largely aesthetic.

There might be a slight production difference, but I would make the decision an aesthetic one for yourself.

It's possible I am misunderstanding the significance, I still don't quite understand how a black backsheet could possibly be a good idea on a bifacial. I would probably want transparent either way cause I prefer transparent aesthetically anyway.

Back