diy solar

diy solar

Auto Starting My Generac

But how about the evo 2.0?
I don't have documentation for the evolution. Maybe this will help.

Generac industrial tech here.

Is it an air cooled or liquid cooled? Assuming it’s a new, air cooled (Evolution 2.0 controller) make sure T1 has 120V at the generator. On air cooled’s they use the main power neutral as the return for battery charging.

Something I found on Reddit.

Hey, I know this is an older post but I have a similar set up right now with the evo 2.0 controller.

The T1 is the hot 120 line for generator battery charging and warmer (if you have one), and in my system the return neutral runs from the generator neutral bar to my Generator subpanel neutral bar and then to my main load center neutral bar.

So when the generator is off, the T1 circuit is powered through the main load center by the inverters and when the generator is on, the T1 circuit is powered by the inverters in bypass mode from the generator.

Hey, I know this is an older post but I have a similar set up right now with the evo 2.0 controller.

The T1 is the hot 120 line for generator battery charging and warmer (if you have one), and in my system the return neutral runs from the generator neutral bar to my Generator subpanel neutral bar and then to my main load center neutral bar.

So when the generator is off, the T1 circuit is powered through the main load center by the inverters and when the generator is on, the T1 circuit is powered by the inverters in bypass mode from the generator.
so if i run 120 into my generators t1/neutral will that maintain the battery?

Kolin that setup sounds correct. I have a similar setup for generator battery maintenance. I will check next weekend and get back to you, if you have not already figured it out.

Back