diy solar

diy solar

Shipping and Customs to Canada from Signature Solar

So i purchased an EG4LL from signature solar. Cost $400 USD to ship... ok, then at the border, it cost another $700 CAD for taxes and duties. Shipping and Duties was a third of the price... :S

Is anyone in Canada selling these? This is already a $2500 battery and i can only afford 1 :| To add $1000 to the price just to ship and clear customs is insane.
Try Aolithium batteries. Those are $1700 Canadian for a 48v battery including shipping. And they ship from Canada

I've had 2 battery orders to Canada 1 direct from China and the other was from 18650batterystore.com in the USA and neither order had Duty fees, only the normal sales taxes AND broker fees. I used UPS as the broker in both cases and their fees were not too bad. Certainly far less expensive and much faster than me driving many hundreds of kilometres to the Customs Clearance office to do the paperwork myself. Are you confusing Duty Fees with Broker fees? Someone needs to get them out of customs, so the broker fees will cost you something unless you happen to live extremely close to the importing customs office.

These were the import costs UPS charged me to import the $1,977 CDN order from 18650batterystore.com in the USA (UPS shipping fee of about $255 CDN included). The 18650 Battery Store service and communication was excellent and the ground UPS shipping was fast and trouble free (a UPS first for me) to my nearest city in very rural northern Canada.

Attachments

• LiFePO4 Brokerage-UPS Broker-Canada Customs-Totals.jpg
    LiFePO4 Brokerage-UPS Broker-Canada Customs-Totals.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 11
Try Aolithium batteries. Those are $1700 Canadian for a 48v battery including shipping. And they ship from Canada
Not many people seem to have experience with these yet. But they are $1000 cheaper than SOK! SOK is nice and UL listed but why is it $1000 more PER BATTERY. Absolutely crazy.

A tip for fellow Canuck’s…….

if you are near the border you can use a parcel service to receive your US shipment.

you can also,avoid broker,fees,and broker,your own,parcel. Just refuse delivery (or phone,ahead and let them,know you will broker your own stuff)

go,to,ups hub, pick up paperwork. Take paperwork to customs (usually near the,hub) and pay taxes. Customs stamps the paper work. Take paper work to,ups and pick up shipment.

‘’’you can also still.have ups deliver as you did pay for ship[ing

Back