diy solar

diy solar

Six and a half years with no refrigerator ... the sequel.

offgriddle

"FOREVER BEGINNING"
OK, as you may recall from an earlier post, the homestead was all abuzz at the prospect of having off season refrigeration when this Whynter Model FM65-G freezer, (or refrigerator), arrived this past week.
gray-whynter-portable-freezers-fm-65g-64_1000.jpg

But while we were happy to discover that this Suaoki 500 watt solar generator could get the freezer and it's contents of community water bottles down to -8F when the sun was shining on 300 watts of solar panels, four to five hours after the sun was gone the Suaoki was out of power with the freezer on eco setting.
71N4GzChkML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

So today on this day of May 25th 2020 as we were observing in memorial the very most despicable behavior that the human species is capable of, trundling up the homestead's bumpy stagecoach drive in her Federal Expression van came the angel of deliverance bearing this here more powrful Bluetti .. but there was one problem .. it was the wrong one .. the model 240 was ordered and paid for, ($1,700), but the vendor sent the smaller and cheaper, ($1,300), model 150. So it's being returned immediately if not sooner, but heck it's been six and a half years so whats a couple more weeks to wait for a unit capable of running the freezer 24/7 for three, consecutive, cloudy days in a row?

IMG_20200525_173345.jpg

Last edited:
That's the second poetically well written post I read today that brought you into a saga where you were just dying to read the next chapter. I love this new development of DIY Solar + Story Sharing Prowess! Counting on you to make 1700w as exciting as the 1300w that couldn't.

That's the second poetically well written post I read today that brought you into a saga where you were just dying to read the next chapter. I love this new development of DIY Solar + Story Sharing Prowess! Counting on you to make 1700w as exciting as the 1300w that couldn't.
Thanks Eric. It is my honor to provide some continuity and share real life experience, lessons and data and I appreciate others taking the time to share as well.

Back