diy solar

diy solar

Sol ark 15k

Batronca

Friend of my have a question about Sol ark 15 k,why it show 8000w at 100%. Like that. Is any setting. Or missing
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_8623.jpeg
    IMG_8623.jpeg
    130.5 KB · Views: 43
It may be because of array Vmp.. There is a maximum array current to each SCC input. When that current is reached it will self limit. Max power will be that limit current times whatever the Vmp is. Lower Vmp (<200 vdc) arrays will not max out the inverter's PV power generation capability.
SolArk 15k Inverter power paths.png

Last edited:
Thanks, he had 3 array, 30 PV ,540w each, at PV SCC is more than 15k. Why a screen is show 8000w and clipped

I have never seen this happen before but check your "Plant Info" Settings.
It has a setting for Capacity = ____Kwp.
That is typically set before commissioning and it might be how it figures out what scale to use on the graph.
I set mine at the start to match my array Kwp so I have never really looked back to see what effect it has.
If that does not work call Sol-Ark.

I've really never looked at mine in detail, but today was a horrible solar day, my high number on the chart is only 3000 with the chart hitting a high of something like 60%. So I'm guessing it adjusts? My plant cap is set at 12.74kW, so there seems to be no connection.

Does SolArk have a maximum export lock? 18kpv has one. Some POCOs require it for interconnection.

Is there independent power monitor to see if it's pushing out more than 8kW to grid or loads?

Does SolArk have a maximum export lock? 18kpv has one. Some POCOs require it for interconnection.

Is there independent power monitor to see if it's pushing out more than 8kW to grid or loads?
Yes it does have a Maximum sell back setting.

Thanks all’s
Yes it seem make more then 8k. I already tell my friend call sol ark. I have a Deye 8k, a firmware is different set up.

Attachments

• BA656A0C-9C15-491B-9A87-8735382E6ED1.png
    BA656A0C-9C15-491B-9A87-8735382E6ED1.png
    122.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 27230B35-D888-47BA-A783-88063E97F395.png
    27230B35-D888-47BA-A783-88063E97F395.png
    123.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Friend of my have a question about Sol ark 15 k,why it show 8000w at 100%. Like that. Is any setting. Or missing
Thanks
Double check the max sell setting in the limiter menu. @robby mentioned this setting. Here is a screenshot of how that menu page looks with that setting highlighted.
1712145642783.png

That "screen" seems to dynamically adjust, depending on the production numbers for the day.

I would agree with @Tulex though, that with a daily production of 103.9kWh it wasn't actually "clipping" at 8000w. That screen shows it at 8000w from ~9 to ~17. That is 8hrs x 8kW = 64kWh. And the power curve before and after that 8000w flatline is definitely not making the rest of the 103.9kWh. (The ramp up and ramp down would need to be producing the additional 39.9kWh. Roughly looking at the chart it looks like maybe an additional 10-15kWh during those morning and evening sections.)

I would assume production is going higher than 8000w, but the chart just isn't showing it like it should.

Thanks all.
I will do it today.remember this solar system is GT but not allow to send any power to power company.

Last edited:
I have never seen this happen before but check your "Plant Info" Settings.
It has a setting for Capacity = ____Kwp.
That is typically set before commissioning and it might be how it figures out what scale to use on the graph.
I set mine at the start to match my array Kwp so I have never really looked back to see what effect it has.
If that does not work call Sol-Ark.
This is exactly what the issue is as far as Graphing goes.

This is exactly what the issue is as far as Graphing goes.
Are you sure, did you test it?
I found this problem so unique that I called my friend at Sol-Ark and he was scratching his head saying the same thing that I said.
He had not looked at that screen in a long time and did not remember if it was Auto Scaling or set by that Menu option.
He is going to get back to me tomorrow, but he also said that he was leaning towards the idea that it was Auto Scaling.

Thanks all.
I come today and try all your guys recommend ,it doesn’t work.my friend on vacation,he will call when he come back.

Attachments

• 987DD233-C6E8-48E2-807F-0248FDA2F085.jpeg
    987DD233-C6E8-48E2-807F-0248FDA2F085.jpeg
    149.2 KB · Views: 9
Are you sure, did you test it?
I found this problem so unique that I called my friend at Sol-Ark and he was scratching his head saying the same thing that I said.
He had not looked at that screen in a long time and did not remember if it was Auto Scaling or set by that Menu option.
He is going to get back to me tomorrow, but he also said that he was leaning towards the idea that it was Auto Scaling.
Had it happen to me when I first installed them.
We threw a number in there when I created the plant.

Once you change that number to what you have the graph should adjust.

Of course I could be FOS but I seem to remember that being the problem.

I had so many things happening on commissioning day that I don't even remember any of the details like that one.

Yes, my Deye did the same .but this Sol ark is not 😹

Back