diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark/China

What we also don’t know, is what deye would be charging stateside, if they could
It would most likely be in the 18kPV range for retail. And I'm sure it would make SolArk do another price drop just like they did a a few months (a year?) ago.

How often do you use your auto or life insurance?
If you’re comparing an inverter to life insurance I’d say you should reevaluate your premium as I wouldn’t put my life on solark vs other options

This is why I'm going to put my SolArk 12k side by side with the Deye 8k and really see if it's "the same thing".

First impressions though, they are not. Especially not support wise when you have to WhatsApp them and hope they understand what you're asking for.
They are in hardware ( although your 8k is an older generation).
As to support, that was never in question, and I have stipulated that on multiple occasions,Sol-ark does a real good job on that, but does that justify a 200-300% upmark ?
And as stated before too..
My all this poo-ha and misrepresentation ?

It would most likely be in the 18kPV range for retail. And I'm sure it would make SolArk do another price drop just like they did a a few months (a year?) ago.
Well they charge 2800 USD for a 12k 3 phase ex shipping in the rest of the world ;)

They are in hardware ( although your 8k is an older generation).
As to support, that was never in question, and I have stipulated that on multiple occasions,Sol-ark does a real good job on that, but does that justify a 200-300% upmark ?
And as stated before too..
My all this poo-ha and misrepresentation ?
How do I find out the age/generation? It was supposedly 1.5years old, but I have no idea.

Well they charge 2800 USD for a 12k 3 phase ex shipping in the rest of the world ;)
But their nearest competitor (the 18kPV) is charging $5k here in the states. Why waste the opportunity for more profit and only charge $2800-3000? I'm sure they're going to price it right at or around $5000 as well, just because they can.

How do I find out the age/generation? It was supposedly 1.5years old, but I have no idea.

But their nearest competitor (the 18kPV) is charging $5k here in the states. Why waste the opportunity for more profit and only charge $2800-3000? I'm sure they're going to price it right at or around $5000 as well, just because they can.
They didn't before.
They were 1/2 the price of the Sol-Ark stickered ones.

the 8's were the first ones to be release ...

the inverter could perfectly be new , but still an older iteration of hardware/layout

like when you buy a new car of the lot , but it's is last years model

Not jumping in because I'm Chinese - American -- BUT just FYI ... egg foo young 芙蓉蛋 or (Chinese omelets) was INVENTED by immigrant Chinese chefs in the SAN FRANCISCO AREA when they came over to do slave labour for the rail roads -- .... YES its a popular Chinese dish but ONLY OUTSIDE of China mainland .... you will virtually NOT find it anywhere in China -- yes we have dishes close to it - BUT 芙蓉蛋 is what my people threw together to make the white guys happy .... cheap and easy ... sort of like the SOL-ARK you just bought ... LO

It's SO easy to offend these days...Maybe California and the rest of the USA should pay reparation to the poor Chinese who came here willingly...and while you are at it, give the entire southwest back to Mexico because white people are so despicable.

Additionally, history is history and you are not gonna change it (no matter how they try)...and what the Chinese came here for was far better than what they left...FAR better, but you selectively left that out.

Not jumping in because I'm Chinese - American -- BUT just FYI ... egg foo young 芙蓉蛋 or (Chinese omelets) was INVENTED by immigrant Chinese chefs in the SAN FRANCISCO AREA when they came over to do slave labour for the rail roads -- .... YES its a popular Chinese dish but ONLY OUTSIDE of China mainland .... you will virtually NOT find it anywhere in China -- yes we have dishes close to it - BUT 芙蓉蛋 is what my people threw together to make the white guys happy .... cheap and easy ... sort of like the SOL-ARK you just bought ... LO

It's SO easy to offend these days...Maybe California and the rest of the USA should pay reparation to the poor Chinese who came here willingly...and while you are at it, give the entire southwest back to Mexico because white people are so despicable.

Additionally, history is history and you are not gonna change it (no matter how they try)...and what the Chinese came here for was far better than what they left...FAR better, but you selectively left that out.
Didn't give it much thought until seeing this again. Wiki says "The dish originates in the southern Chinese coastal province of Guangdong".
Wiki didn't mention anything about white guys.

Only in America do we nitpick everything. OP could have talked about construction workers and burgers and no one would bat an eye
It’s not that serious, folks

I didn’t buy my Sol-Arks because they claimed made in USA or waved flag over veterans.

I did it because everywhere I saw one installed it was easy and they worked.

That’s it.

I’ll be glad the day you guys can buy cheap Chinese inverters again so I don’t have to listen to the carping anymore.

Couldn’t agree more. You want to rock a cheap inverter, have at it lol. Complain on a forum using your Chinese made iPhone or computer while you’re at it. Sheesh.

Do you remember a long time ago when Battlehorn battery said that their batteries were "assembled" in America ... NOT MADE -- but ASSEMBLED ... and no one really knew what that meant -- hell dropping a terminal bolt on top could technically meant the "assemble" definition ...

Just to clarify, Battle Born batteries are 100% factually assembled in the US. There is absolutely no question about it. Not a bolt terminal, the entire thing.

I’d say Sol-Ark made a mistake at some point, I never even saw it and it is what it is. Those that are saying support isn’t a big deal if it “just works”, cmon now! The day can and will come that you need support, or simply have a question and it’s ABSOLUTELY important to you in that very moment.

You want to talk about lies?? Read my thread about the 18Kpv. Their claims were false, their owner lied, it goes on and on. Support was terrible, returns were a mess. That’s real world problems and the forums are full of Signature Solar issues.

If you want to buy from them, or other lower priced options I say go for it, we all have our own decisions to make. But at the end of the day some people are less price conscious than others, that’s why more expensive brands exist. I could absolutely get an android for less than my iPhone 15, I’m fully aware, but I appreciate what Apple and the iPhone do for me. I value my time, every hour I spend chasing down a problem is hundreds of dollars I don’t earn elsewhere.

Personally my 15k was about $300 more than my 18k, and factoring time wasted the 18k cost me another $6,000 on top.

Sometimes it’s not the up front cost, it’s the lifecycle cost that matters. Just like comparing either units to something like a 6500ex, you have to factor in breakers, fuses, bus bars, the list goes on and on.

It’s a pointless argument though. You don’t like Sol-Ark, don’t buy it. Same for EG4. This is like iPhone vs android arguments or republicans vs democrats.

Nobody here is changing their mind. Everyone just enjoy what they got and have a good time.

Again, people are missing the point of the thread.
It's not the price, or where it's made.
It's the pretending to be an American product, to gain sales.
When I started my solar journey. I locked onto Sol-Ark. Because it had all of the features I was looking for. Had great reviews, and support. And was supposedly an American product.
I only crossed them off my list, because of the false advertising. I figured that If they are deceptive about one thing, then there are probably other things as well. Turns out I was right in thinking that.
The 12k's I was looking at buying, weren't really 12k. And now the 15k is also not what it pretends to be.
Luckily for me, I do my research before I spend my money.
I have nothing against a China made product (most are). That's what I ended up going with.
My issues have always been with Sol-Ark morality. Not the Deye products that they sell.

Again, people are missing the point of the thread.
It's not the price, or where it's made.
It's the pretending to be an American product, to gain sales.
When I started my solar journey. I locked onto Sol-Ark. Because it had all of the features I was looking for. Had great reviews, and support. And was supposedly an American product.
I only crossed them off my list, because of the false advertising. I figured that If they are deceptive about one thing, then there are probably other things as well. Turns out I was right in thinking that.
The 12k's I was looking at buying, weren't really 12k. And now the 15k is also not what it pretends to be.
Luckily for me, I do my research before I spend my money.
I have nothing against a China made product (most are). That's what I ended up going with.
My issues have always been with Sol-Ark morality. Not the Deye products that they sell.
Maybe I'm just missing it, maybe their practices have changed. I went to their site, don't see a single flag or mention of being American made as far as the inverters goes. As far as naming goes, I don't believe they are alone in that. You may not like how they do it, but they can pull data to justify it. As for their input into the product, their claim to American engineering, I don't think anyone knows but them and China. And regardless of all that, sounds more like justifying cherry picking. Pretty much every company out there has been dragged through the mud on here for some type of poor practice. I knew about the beef people had with Sol-Ark before I bought my 15K. I had no reason to believe that would transfer into customer service, because my interactions before buying, along with other's after buying didn't show that. There have been a number of posts on here about how Sol-Ark just takes care of things.

I think the reality is that DIYers are cheap. They look for any reason to not spend money. Sol-Ark is a perfect target for that.

Maybe I'm just missing it, maybe their practices have changed. I went to their site, don't see a single flag or mention of being American made as far as the inverters goes.
Maybe they have. It would be a step in the right direction.
I think the reality is that DIYers are cheap. They look for any reason to not spend money. Sol-Ark is a perfect target for that.
The price didn't sway me , when I was looking at them. I don't mind paying for what I want.
Although it did work out in my favor. So, I guess that I owe them my gratitude for disappointing me.
It was only the marketing that turned me away.
At the time (almost 3 years ago), they were claiming "designed and made by veterans". My research found that they were Chinese veterans. So, while technically not a lie. It was very off-putting.

Back