diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark not a good company to deal with 12k

@robby, I agree with you, but at some point, no matter how many times you say it, it just ends up being wasted breath. These guys aren't going to change their minds with logic.

I see the same exact things getting repeated in a different format all over the place, at some point we all just have to agree to disagree, find a mountain, and get the hell over it.

@robby, I agree with you, but at some point, no matter how many times you say it, it just ends up being wasted breath. These guys aren't going to change their minds with logic.

I see the same exact things getting repeated in a different format all over the place, at some point we all just have to agree to disagree, find a mountain, and get the hell over it.
It really does get tiresome listening to the same people who have an Axe to Grind with Sol-Ark just because the Price does not make them happy, but if they want to keep coming with illogical arguments I have spare time to debate them.

You see the problem with people like you
People like. me? I was once the Chairman of an International Bank Loan Committee for the one of the largest Banks in the US. I think I understand global economics.
When you say, "Chinese engineers can't design shit", your dismissal of ethnic Chinese smacks of an ignorance that has seen this great country of ours lose its technological advantage. Morris Chang, an ethnic Chinese grew TSMC into a leader in manufacturing innovation of the fabrication of semiconductors for the world. I am respectful of the intellect of people like him and am concerned that blind prejudice will prevent us from seeing the challenges we face. What patents does SolArk own?
I agree at lot of the original growth in Mainland China has been through copying US technology. However, they are growing their renewable energy sector and have more EVs on the road than any other country, That in my book is innovation on a macro level. They have electrified their transportation sector without copying any of our technology, unless you think utilizing hundred year old electric motor designs is copying technology? Innovation is applying common sense to solve problems.

Last edited:
People like. me? I was once the Chairman of an International Bank Loan Committee for the one of the largest Banks in the US. I think I understand global economics.
Your not a Design Engineer so you have not had your work stolen like so many of us have. So you definitely have no idea what it is like.
When you say, "Chinese engineers can't design shit", your dismissal of ethnic Chinese smacks of an ignorance that has seen this great country of ours lose its technological advantage. Morris Chang, an ethnic Chinese grew TSMC into a leader in manufacturing innovation of the fabrication of semiconductors for the world. I am respectful of the intellect of people like him and am concerned that blind prejudice will prevent us from seeing the challenges we face.
Design and Fab are two different things. TSMC is Taiwan, we dealt with them a lot. There are many good Chinese Engineers working in Taiwan and in America but in China itself the notion of designing something from scratch is seen as illogical when you can just buy a few units and reverse the technology or take advantage of short term thinking Foreign CEO's that are willing to hand them the IP so that they can use Chinese factories to build the product for less and make more money.
Here is a Nice example of how China works.: Hand it Over
Unfortunately for China they are not interested in the deal so the people in China suffer with a useless locally designed product.

I agree at lot of the original growth in Mainland China has been through copying US technology. However, they are growing their renewable energy sector and have more EVs on the road than any other country,
Well we agree on something. Although saying a lot of their growth might be closer to almost all of their growth.
Your notion of "Original Growth" is wrong. For example five years ago DJI cut a deal with Flir to make thermal cameras for drones.
Flir went ahead and setup manufacturing in China and within 2 years they got the boot. Then China suddenly went from having no market share in the Thermal camera market to now flooding the Market with Thermal Cameras. The IP theft has never ceased, it has only slowed because the last two administrations have put the brakes on companies in the USA sending tech to China.

As for renewables, they also use as much coal as they can get their hands on!
If it was not for their foot in the mouth move with Australia they would not be moving so fast on renewables.
That in my book is innovation on a macro level. They have electrified their transportation sector without copying any of our technology, unless you think utilizing hundred year old electric motor designs is copying technology? Innovation is applying common sense to solve problems.
How is it not copying? It's technology that they copied from Germany and Japan. The Japanese were using bullet trains for Decades before them. The Chinese did their typical maneuver of having companies from abroad come in and build the first set of trains and rails and then they copied it and booted them out. Now they make their own.
The same thing for the Fighter Jets and Rockets. They were bought from Russia and then copied and improved on.
It's all so Laughable because even now they still cannot figure out how to make a reliable Jet engine. Almost all of their engines in their Fighter Jets are built in Russia. They have been struggling to get their latest fighter Fighter the J20 to fly with Chinese built engines.
(Wanna know why?)

Last edited:
How is it not copying? It's technology that they copied from Germany and Japan. The Japanese were using bullet trains for Decades before them. The Chinese did their typical maneuver of having companies from abroad come in and build the first set of trains and rails and then they copied it and booted them out. Now they make their own
I see your pain and point of view. I do believe constant process improvement is innovation. Some would call that best practices. The Chinese did have to design the viaducts which someone could say was copied from the Romans. I don't know who invented the tunnel? Does SolArk have any patents for the design work they did on the Deye inverter?
I remember Peter Drucker suggesting US companies follow best practices of Japanese auto manufacturers. It all depends on where you are standing. I do not agree with the title of this thread. I agree with others that think SolArk makes unnecessary claims.

Last edited:
I see your pain and point of view. I do believe constant process improvement is innovation. Some would call that best practices. The Chinese did have to design the viaducts which someone could say was copied from the Romans. I don't know who invented the tunnel?

Does SolArk have any patents for the design work they did on the Deye inverter?
Yes. But don't ask for anymore info because I cannot give away anything. (And for those who are about to post that this is a convenient answer or that they don't see it listed under PS LLC) Nope I am not costing the person their job and secondly companies often Patent things under various other holding names.
I remember Peter Drucker suggesting US companies follow best practices of Japanese auto manufacturers. It all depends on where you are standing. I do not agree with the title of this thread. I agree with others that think SolArk makes unnecessary claims.

Yes. But don't ask for anymore info because I cannot give away anything. (And for those who are about to post that this is a convenient answer or that they don't see it listed under PS LLC) Nope I am not costing the person their job and secondly companies often Patent things under various other holding names.

Don't ask robby anymore. Here's the little patent secret, Thomas Brennan has invented some kinda ink-jet contraption that was later use in the Sol-Ark products design, to create that beautiful logo. It's design in the Plano, TX and manufactured in Ningbo, China. ?

Last edited:
too funny feel we've had this discussion before, and when i gave the same reasons you called me a liar, a fake and batshit crazy..

guess this returns the favor ?

too funny feel we've had this discussion before, and when i gave the same reasons you called me a liar, a fake and batshit crazy..

guess this returns the favor ?
Oh How I loved watching you beg Keith for info on who designed the Sol-Ark :LOL: (No Comment From Him) and he is a Deye Distributor.
Then you were so certain that Sol-Ark was not writing it's own Firmware and Keith Dashed your dreams again:ROFLMAO:
How many times did you and others insist that Sol-Ark firmware was written by Deye?
Now you no longer say Deye writes Sol-Ark Firmware because Keith told you it's not true. So now you have moved back to who designed the Sol-Ark.
As I said in the other post find me a picture of a Deye 8K Hybrid Inverter that is dated before April 2018, the year Sol-Ark released their 8K Hybrid.

Last edited:
Yes. But don't ask for anymore info because I cannot give away anything.
Ha, I am just a finance/economics guy and can not understand the significant of Brennnan's patents. As far as I can tell one is for some variable pitch roof mount and some kind of polymer contraption which has nothing to do with why the SolArk is a great machine. Do any of these patents have anything to do with the recent dialogue? Please correct me if I am wrong,

Ha, I am just a finance/economics guy and can not understand the significant of Brennnan's patents. As far as I can tell one is for some variable pitch roof mount and some kind of polymer contraption which has nothing to do with why the SolArk is a great machine. Do any of these patents have anything to do with the recent dialogue? Please correct me if I am wrong,
As far as I know Brennan is not the sole owner of the company and If you mean do they have to do with the Inverter, yes they do.

I am truly amazed that because you "think" the 15K on the unit means inverter output that it makes the company deceitful. Let's try again - nowhere do they state it is a 15K inverter - it is a 15K hybrid solar battery system. Just because the inverter output appears to be the most important spec to YOU doesn't mean the company views their product that way. For those of us with battery banks the 3KW of charging capability, coupled with the 12KW of inverter capability, is important. 12+3 = 15. Nothing dishonest at all in the number.

There isn't a "disclaimer" anywhere although there probably should be for people who can't understand spec sheets.

Using your thought process I guess Victron is being dishonest with their model numbers too. EVERY SINGLE ONE of their Multiplus inverter/chargers are labeled in VA output, which is much higher than the wattage output. Pretty much every other inverter manufacturer labels their inverter/chargers in wattage output. Is Victron being dishonest? The Multiplus 3000 only outputs 2,400 watts. There is a big 3000 right on the face of the unit. Is this false advertising, even though they clearly define the output wattage in the spec sheets?

It is the exact same scenario.

According to spec sheet, SolArk does have 15kW inverter (15kVA, 15kW into "real" load).
"Inverter" meaning DC to AC conversion. In this case, from high voltage DC.
It also has 15kW MPPT, from PV to high voltage DC.
But it only has 12kW boost converter, from 48VDC battery to high voltage DC.

So it's not a 15kW inverter in your colloquial sense, from battery to AC. But it is from PV to AC, or some combinations of battery and PV.

Is there anybody here who really needs 15kW continuous from battery?
With 24 kVA 10 second surge, it can probably sustain between 12kW and 15kW for a while.

Sol Ark couldn't afford to pay someone $200 to create an animation on Fiverr so they copied Deye's 2 year old video lol

Deye video from 2 years ago

robby, do you have the wayback machine record to show Sol-Ark did the video two year prior to Deye plagiarize it ? ?

Last edited:
Oh How I loved watching you beg Keith for info on who designed the Sol-Ark :LOL: (No Comment From Him) and he is a Deye Distributor.
Then you were so certain that Sol-Ark was not writing it's own Firmware and Keith Dashed your dreams again:ROFLMAO:
How many times did you and others insist that Sol-Ark firmware was written by Deye?
Now you no longer say Deye writes Sol-Ark Firmware because Keith told you it's not true. So now you have moved back to who designed the Sol-Ark.
As I said in the other post find me a picture of a Deye 8K Hybrid Inverter that is dated before April 2018, the year Sol-Ark released their 8K Hybrid.
i didn't beg him for anything, guess memories aren't your forté , or selective at best.. you should go into politics

Keith didn't tell me jack, nor did i ask him, you are making this up as you go now aren't you ?

Sol Ark couldn't afford to pay someone $200 to create an animation on Fiverr so they copied Deye's 2 year old video lol

Deye video from 2 years ago

Go search the Waybackmachine and tell us what Deye was selling back in 2018 and then Search Sol-Ark and tell us what they were selling back in 2018.

Sol-Ark Introduction Video of the 8K From Early 2018. This was one of 30 Handmade 8K units that they built in the USA for Testing and a few were sent to Deye in order for them to start setting up the machinery for Manufacturing them.
Notice that this Inverter has Rolled steel sides and does not look anything like the final 8K model that Sol-Ark sold.
Engineer775 was also one of the first to get his hands on one and he also has a video from back in 2018

Deyes first Introduction Video of the 8K in 2020 (2 Years after Sol-Arks introduction)

Last edited:
i didn't beg him for anything, guess memories aren't your forté , or selective at best.. you should go into politics

Keith didn't tell me jack, nor did i ask him, you are making this up as you go now aren't you ?
Sorry you are right it was not you. Even though you were the one who kept on insisting in the other thread that Keith was the designer of the Deye Inverter it was Timselectric that kept asking Keith directly about who made the Inverter.

Sorry you are right it was not you. Even though you were the one who kept on insisting in the other thread that Keith was the designer of the Deye Inverter it was Timselectric that kept asking Keith directly about who made the Inverter.
Wrong again. lol
I wasn't even here for that discussion.
I have never talked to anyone at SunSink.
Assuming that is the Keith you are referring to.

It really does get tiresome listening to the same people who have an Axe to Grind with Sol-Ark just because the Price does not make them happy, but if they want to keep coming with illogical arguments I have spare time to debate them.
These are the same kind of folks who criticize this 60 year man for having a 30 year old wife…

Back