diy solar

diy solar

Sol-Ark's Comment on EG4 18k-PV-12-LV

"made in usa" when caught :
"designed in usa"

amongst a few
There you go at it again.
First you claimed that Keith Gough from Sunsync created the Inverter and then you changed the tune and started to say Deye designed it.
We So Far have the CEO of Sol-Ark coming on here saying that they created the 8K model and now you have the Senior Technical Manager from Sol-Ark saying the same thing. If Deye had a leg to stand on they could easily go to court based on these statements.
You also keep saying Deye is making the Firmware! So why is that Deye has only about 5-6 releases of Firmware updates in the last 2 years while Sol-Ark has about 30? Why is Sol-Ark constantly adding new features to their Inverters but Deye is stagnant?

Why don't you just give it a rest. We have actual company reps on here telling us stuff. If you think they are lying then show the posts to Sunsync / Deye and let them sort it out.

Exactly ..it's priced way to high. If they were selling them at say ...<$3k people would be more inclined to get one.
Your buying into Tier 1 system so I guess they can ask those prices but buyers are going to expect Tier 1 service and Tier1 reliability.

The actual not-to-exceed voltage is 550V (i.e. used in design tools) but we publish 500V so people not doing the full math don't make mistakes and toast their inverters. Relative to the topic, the EG4 inverter has a not-to-exceed voltage of 600V. That's likely the not-to-exceed voltage as well, but Luxpower does state (confusingly) that the not-to-exceed voltage in the Luxpower manual is 550V.
It does seem then the Sol-Ark is doing the opposite. It lists the "safe" "max" Voc of 500Voc on the spec sheet but then in manual says damage will occur of Voc is > 550Voc. I understand why you listed it that way but maybe putting an * next to how you currently have it listed on spec sheet and then in small print at bottom of spec sheet for that * say "damage will occur if 550Voc is exceeded" so that people that know what they are doing will at least know we can still be safe to go a bit over 500V.

Your buying into Tier 1 system so I guess they can ask those prices but buyers are going to expect Tier 1 service and Tier1 reliability.
Are you saying EG4 has produced a tier 1 inverter? If so, what's your reasoning; it hasn't even been released yet for sale. You may be right but I'm holding out on calling it a tier 1..maybe a tier 2+. Part of tier 1 would be reliability, robustness and longevity not just feature in my opinion. It's competing with solark, outback, schneider and victron which have earned tier 1 status. I hope it does turn out to be a solid competitor but it feels like the entry point for a unknown inverter is too high. Somebody mentioned LUX uses Deye to design their inverters...so who knows. Appreciate the feedback.

Somebody mentioned LUX uses Deye to design their inverters...so who knows. Appreciate the feedback.
I have not seen that but it would be interesting. What I've actually seen is some beef between Huayu and Lux.

I understand why you listed it that way but maybe putting an * next to how you currently have it listed on spec sheet and then in small print at bottom of spec sheet for that * say "damage will occur if 550Voc is exceeded"
Agreed. Will see what I can do about that.

Sunsynk is more like a white labeller from your explanation from #45
Correct. Sunsync did not design the inverter. They are similar to EG4.

Beyond geographic exclusivity from the OEM, I would also look at these when vetting a manufacturer:
If they are in full time production,
if they have dedicated floor space at the OEM i.e. equipment is not used to make similar products for others,
if they have access to the OEM facility and own the quality control process,
if their staff is personally inspecting each unit off of the line or something close to it,
if there is a substantial backing behind the warranty.

Note this isn't just for inverters, but batteries, solar panels, cars and trucks, widgets etc.

Are you saying EG4 has produced a tier 1 inverter? If so, what's your reasoning; it hasn't even been released yet for sale. You may be right but I'm holding out on calling it a tier 1..maybe a tier 2+. Part of tier 1 would be reliability, robustness and longevity not just feature in my opinion. It's competing with solark, outback, schneider and victron which have earned tier 1 status. I hope it does turn out to be a solid competitor but it feels like the entry point for a unknown inverter is too high. Somebody mentioned LUX uses Deye to design their inverters...so who knows. Appreciate the feedback.
Well my friend they have it priced in the Tier 1 Category so they better be delivering. ;)
People are not going to be nearly as understanding about a $5600 Inverter having issues like they would be with a $1500 Inverter.
BTW It's pretty safe bet that Deye did not help Lux Design that Inverter but it is clear that they ripped the Design from a Sol-Ark 15K.

First off, Sol-Ark did create its inverter
That’s like saying I created a house but someone else built it.. the person building it created it.. How I see it is that SolArk had somethings they wanted built into the inverters they wanted to sell and put their name on and had someone else (over seas) create/build it.
furthermore the first hybrid inverters were released by Solax (not SolArk) in 2012 if I remember correctly..
edit; 2013

Last edited:
That’s like saying I created a house but someone else built it.. the person building it created it.. How I see it is that SolArk had somethings they wanted built into the inverters they wanted to sell and put their name on and had someone else (over seas) create/build it.
furthermore the first hybrid inverters were released by Solax in 2012 if I remember correctly..
Disagree. Any monkey can build a house. It's the person who designs it that created it. Adding to that, it's overseeing how it's built that determines the quality of the house. Don't think Frank Lloyd Wright pounded any nails.

Last edited:
Sorry but SolArk is not the same tier as the long established high end players like Outback, Schneider yet. Maybe in another 5-10 years.

If SolArk designed the hardware, then contracted out manufacturing, that would be very significant.

If they have control over manufacturing quality and test, that is important. To be UL listed it does require audits.

... and more so rounding up the trades...it's like herding cats.

Think keeping a contract manufacturer honest is any easier?

Okay then - if the 18kW spec is only achievable with future modules, then what long-term endurance testing been done by EG4/Luxpower at the 18kW output spec? Sorry EG4, but I'd like to see receipts for the 18kW claim
Super easy to do with variable DC power supplies, you already know that though. ;)

furthermore the first hybrid inverters were released by Solax (not SolArk) in 2012 if I remember correctly..

If someone hires an architect to design a house or building for them the architect owns that design. Whether it's built or not it cannot be used by anyone to build others without his permission.

The structure belongs to the owner but the plans do not.

Disagree. Any monkey can build a house. It's the person who designs it that created it. Adding to that, it's overseeing how it's built that determines the quality of the house. Don't think Frank Lloyd Wright pounded any nails.
Firmly disagree. It takes a lot of skill to build a house.. you can’t say you created it when you only pushed a pencil so to speak.. the person that designed it did just that. The person who built it actually created it or it wouldn’t exist. It would just be a thought.. Lloyd did not create the houses, he simply drew them up on paper.. if he designed t and built it then yes he created it.. I can design a house easily on paper.. its actually building it and making it happen that’s the real task..

If someone hires an architect to design a house or building for them the architect owns that design. Whether it's built or not it cannot be used by anyone to build others without his permission.

The structure belongs to the owner but the plans do not.
Right but it’s not created till the builder builds/creates it. Again SolaX (not SolArk) had the first hybrid inverter design.. SolArk came up with the 8k a few years later as far as I know. They didn’t come out with the “revolutionary hybrid inverter design“
i guess I’m kinda off topic but someone from SolArk saying stuff that ain’t completely true,, or am I wrong

Last edited:
Firmly disagree. It takes a lot of skill to build a house.. you can’t say you created it when you only pushed a pencil so to speak.. the person that designed it did just that. The person who built it actually created it or it wouldn’t exist. It would just be a thought.. Lloyd did not create the houses, he simply drew them up on paper.. if he designed t and built it then yes he created it.. I can design a house easily on paper.. its actually building it and making it happen that’s the real task..
Wow, just wow....

Back