diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant - data logger

SA doesn't support JBD yet, per pierre they will, do you have 1 sa pi running both Inverters?
I have 2 JBD Batteries - 1 51.2v 100ah and 302ah, hope it will read all plus 4 gyll's.
With 4 Gylls it gives Soc of them combined, Joe.

Oh I had thought they did already support JBD, my bad. I still don't have this system installed yet, hoping soon...

That's good to know it can combine SoC on all the banks though, thanks for that info.

Pierre probably didn't give any kind of ETA on the JBD support did he by chance?

Oh I had thought they did already support JBD, my bad. I still don't have this system installed yet, hoping soon...

That's good to know it can combine SoC on all the banks though, thanks for that info.

Pierre probably didn't give any kind of ETA on the JBD support did he by chance?
No he did not give estimate and it not listed on "Coming soon" like other Bms's
1641295275933.png

Hi, I want to ask if you do not know if they plan to expand the supported BMS in particular ANT BMS, many people use them. Then it would be unrivaled the best solar monitor, all in one

ask Pierre - 'SolarAssistant' <info@solar-assistant.io>

I did. On Dec. 20th. I asked:
If I already have a Debian-based OS on a laptop, why would I need a Raspberry?
I mean, I can run Raspbian in a VM, but they're notoriously obnoxious with serial ports.
Will your software run on, say, Ubuntu?

Got no reply. :·/ Has anyone here tried that? Running it on Linux?
I mean, if they had a "trial" version one could try, it would be simple enough to check, but they don't seem to.

I did. On Dec. 20th. I asked:
If I already have a Debian-based OS on a laptop, why would I need a Raspberry?
I mean, I can run Raspbian in a VM, but they're notoriously obnoxious with serial ports.
Will your software run on, say, Ubuntu?

Got no reply. :·/ Has anyone here tried that? Running it on Linux?
I mean, if they had a "trial" version one could try, it would be simple enough to check, but they don't seem to.
Sa is a OS, not sure if it would load your way, burning midnight oil to see if I can load Jbd Bms to SA, awesomeness, Joe.

They do now, read toward the end - SA now supports JBD, Joe.
Hooked up and all readings are off, already notified Pierre, wait and see time, JOE

Before on JBD-Tools
1641347864843.png

On SA
1641347902499.png

Last edited:
Hi guys
Why we are at it here. Does anyone know where I can find USB to RS485 cable to work with deye inverters? I bought these from amazon but they do not work. I cut off the RJ45 end and replaced it with only pin 1, 2 and 3 as recommended by someone. Still not working.
Any suggestions?

Something fishy is going on here. How is there such a large efficiency loss between PV And power going in?

Solar Assitant.png

Another view. Odd there is a loss on just inverter 1 it seems.

Solar Assitant 2.png

Hi everyone.

I paid for the product 2 days ago but it is not working for EaSun inverter I have that is the model from last year with new Wifi dongle .
I tried to connect with USB B "printer cable usb" and it was not connecting at all because the software that i paid for was showing the device as a serial device and not USB,

I tried with serial RS232 than and after being connected it was not sending or receiving data, so i think that only a specific cipset is supported ?

Please check below inverter model and let me know how can we connect to it, as the wifi module works perfectly fine on the inverter. Please check all the inverter pictures to see the exact type :

1643129817966.png

1643129726115.png

Attachments

• 1643129822050.png
    1643129822050.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I tried with serial RS232 than and after being connected it was not sending or receiving data, so i think that only a specific cipset is supported ?
When you run watchpower on your laptop, is it able to read your inverter via the serial RS232 cable and adapter you have?

When you run watchpower on your laptop, is it able to read your inverter via the serial RS232 cable and adapter you have?
I am using Wifi with SmartESS and bluetooth for JK BMS, I don't have any laptop app and that inverter is not supporting any desktop app.

it is using this RS232 Wifi module that is very popular since summer of last year : http://easunpower.cn/uploads/soft/200727/WIFIModule.pdf
As far as I know all easun inverters are voltronic inverters, but looking at the easun downloads page I see watchpower is listed under most inverters, but not all of them:

1643142335784.png

If watchpower doesn't work with your inverter, then I doubt solar assistant, solpiplog, mpp solar, etc. will work.

As far as I know all easun inverters are voltronic inverters, but looking at the easun downloads page I see watchpower is listed under most inverters, but not all of them:

View attachment 81220

If watchpower doesn't work with your inverter, then I doubt solar assistant, solpiplog, mpp solar, etc. will work.

I have the inverter connected in SmartESS and WatchPower using provided WIFI Dongle, but Solar Assistant implementation is not communicating correctly with the device.

when plugging in the inverter via USB it's showing up as a "Exar Corp. XR21V1410" serial device which is different from normal. This USB device is also not accepting connections.

The fact that it showed up as the XR21V1410 means the linux kernel driver is already working. You don't need extra drivers for it.

typically when you plug in a USB cable it shows up as a USB HID device (/dev/hidraw0), not a serial device (/dev/ttyUSB0 or /dev/ttyACM0).

But still we have WIFI to connect to that should work and get rid of any Serial convertor problems and also we have JK BMS Bluetooth to connect to and applications (SmartESS and JK BMS) are working on both the inverter and JK BMS with the app.

So why is it not working because it is a GEN 2 Voltronic inverter. If you want I can open the case and make a picture with cipsets used so you can know more details ....

Anyone that has knowledge is welcome to share the details here, thanks.

Is there a trick to get multi-inverters to show up? I have connected the lovely growatt 5000es (US) and it is only showing 1 inverter, even though there are 2 in parallel?

Is there a trick to get multi-inverters to show up? I have connected the lovely growatt 5000es (US) and it is only showing 1 inverter, even though there are 2 in parallel?
It’s supposed to work, did you click on the inverter icon and see only one?

Just a warning to the data nerds who also know Linux. Backup the database on a monthly basis.
Mine got corrupted and the unit would no longer boot up. I copied the database and then wiped the SD card and tried to put back the original Db but it won’t work so I figure it’s corrupted.

Back