diy solar

diy solar

Solar Assistant Wish list, Bugs and Issues.

I noticed that my battery packs always report highest or lowest cell voltage as 3.3. If the average is below 3.3V, then highest cell voltage is being reported as 3.3V and if the average is higher than 3.3V, then lowest cell voltage is reported as 3.3.
1712726222789.png

I hesitantly upgraded to the latest 2024-04-05 stable build. The automations might prove to be useful, provided I can figure out how to configure the settings. A little explanation on the SA website on how these thing work would be nice.

In the last build, switching between Grid Bypass and SBU was one touch and done. Now it’s a three step process and as I related in another post, not a deal breaker but still a regression rather than an improvement.

I’ve seen text and email alerts coming soon keeps kicking the can down the road. I’d rather see an actual app with Apple Watch support, and would even pay extra for this convenience.

Despite my minor gripes, SA is still by far the most useful addition to my system.

Does anyone have a copy of Build 2023-08-16 lurking on their hard drive you could send me? I thought for sure I had saved it on my computer but apparently did not. After many emails with Duane at SA, they refuse to provide a copy and can't understand why I'm dissatisfied with the new stable build.

Yeah, me thinks I’ll stay with the older version for now. Looks like I’ll just trade out old issues for new ones.

I noticed that my battery packs always report highest or lowest cell voltage as 3.3. If the average is below 3.3V, then highest cell voltage is being reported as 3.3V and if the average is higher than 3.3V, then lowest cell voltage is reported as 3.3.
Do the batteries' BMSs themselves report correctly?

I don't see this. My server rack batteries use a PACE BMS.

Data taken from Solar Assistant via MQTT to Home Assistant & InfluxDB/Grafana:

Screen Shot 2024-04-18 at 8.14.05 am.png

Do the batteries' BMSs themselves report correctly?

I don't see this. My server rack batteries use a PACE BMS.

Data taken from Solar Assistant via MQTT to Home Assistant & InfluxDB/Grafana:

View attachment 209999
Yes, BMS reports correct data and I can see that if I connect same same RS485 cable to a laptop and use seplos software. I think this might be a bug. Support for V3 BMS was just recently added to the SA beta, so that's very likely

Yes, BMS reports correct data and I can see that if I connect same same RS485 cable to a laptop and use seplos software. I think this might be a bug. Support for V3 BMS was just recently added to the SA beta, so that's very likely
Sounds like it. Hopefully they can sort out what's going on.

Back