diy solar

diy solar

SRNE 12kW IP65 HES and 10kW ASP

You had them shipped ocean freight right? How were they transported from the port of entry. On a pallet via truck freight? How long from order to delivery?
Express so it was by air. Shipped via UPS from west port. It appears there is a Chinese freight forwarder here in the US according to the shipping label.

Paid on May 14th, shipping label created the 17th, UPS received packages on the 20th in Hong Kong, packages left Hong Kong on the 26th, arrived in US and cleared customs on the 27th, then 4 days to get the packages here after being received in Addison, IL. Must have been slowly trucked acrosss Iowa, first Davenport from Addison, then Coralville which is not far away from Davenport, then Decorah in NE Iowa. A day for each leg. UPS is something else, Fed Ex or DHL would probably have cut 2 days off or more.

For some reason these move slow in Hong Kong and it took Borick 6 days to get things moving. Then UPS sits on them for 5 days. Part of this has to be weight and there is a pair.

Install in progress....slow progress, but progress none the less. Hopefully, barring major interruptions I'll be able to wire it up tomorrow and do a quick test.

Battery voltages as shipped: Lowest 3.283V, Highest 3.287V , most are at 3.285V
More testing coming soon....as time allows.

20240606_223132.jpg20240606_223113.jpg20240605_170113.jpg20240605_170133.jpg20240605_172042.jpg20240605_172011.jpg20240605_171955.jpg

So...funny things that can happen...sigh... went to connect new batteries and one of the terminals just falls off. All the rest of them were fine.
Any one out there had that happen to them? Just curious...
View attachment 220928
I've seen it reported in a few posts.
My past orders have included a spare cell, just in case.

Could try and find someone local with a laser welder.
Depending on your BMS you could also run 15S until you get a repair or replacement.

What cells were they?

I always thought all of the batteries drilled the holes directly into the anode/cathode rods
wtf

Edit - this wiring is wrong, QO panel right side wires should be flipped. Huge thank you to @B-Mod

Anyone see anything seriously wrong?

Dumb question / looking for reassurance, L1 and L2 flip in the panel like I have them on the right side, correct?
1000010036.jpg

Hopefully this weekend they will be inverting.
Glad I didn't weld up a new battery rack, found one in the scrap pile at work I can modify / beef up pretty easily to allow for 6 packs.

Attachments

• IMG20240610194108.jpg
    IMG20240610194108.jpg
    274.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG20240610152242.jpg
    IMG20240610152242.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

Dumb question / looking for reassurance, L1 and L2 flip in the panel like I have them on the right side, correct?
View attachment 221190

Glad I didn't weld up a new battery rack, found one in the scrap pile at work I can modify / beef up pretty easily to allow for 6 packs.

L1 and L2 in the breakers depends on the underlying bus bars the breakers engage when installed.
I assume true 240VAC parallel so black to black (L1) and red to red (L2)???
It also looks like Neutral is not bonded to ground (depends on install and where bond is)

Don't see the parallel communications cables, just remember the EG4 18kvp fiasco

L1 and L2 in the breakers depends on the underlying bus bars the breakers engage when installed.
I looked close at the bus bars and how they connect with the breakers, I'm fairly confident it's correct, just want some reassurance. I'll still verify with a meter before powering on.
I assume true 240VAC parallel so black to black (L1) and red to red (L2)???
Correct.
It also looks like Neutral is not bonded to ground (depends on install and where bond is)
Good eye, screw is sitting in the bottom of the panel yet to be installed since this will be the main service.
Don't see the parallel communications cables, just remember the EG4 18kvp fiasco
I remember it well, made me glad SRNE went old school for the parallel connections.

Thank you.

I looked close at the bus bars and how they connect with the breakers, I'm fairly confident it's correct, just want some reassurance. I'll still verify with a meter before powering on.

Correct.

Good eye, screw is sitting in the bottom of the panel yet to be installed since this will be the main service.

I remember it well, made me glad SRNE went old school for the parallel connections.

Thank you.
You can always disconnect the black and red on one side (assuming no power), close the breakers and check continuity across the breakers, should read zero ohms. Double and triple check to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
You can always disconnect the black and red on one side (assuming no power), close the breakers and check continuity across the breakers, should read zero ohms. Double and triple check to be on the safe side.
Good idea, thank you.
I might go as far as hooking up a bench power supply to 1 side to quadruple check, I overthink things and wonder why I don't get anything done 🤣

Edit - thumbs are still getting used to the new screen size.

Last edited:

View attachment 221190

Wires on right side breaker are wrong, switch the two wires.

What are the odds. I just got the power back on here at the house installing a new breaker box at the inverters and I come in here to sit down and an update popped up on the wiring of this :)

diy solar

diy solar
Back