diy solar

diy solar

SRNE 20KW parallel ASP journey.

That's a great idea, now I'm regretting drilling the trough out for 1", good thing they make reducing rings.

One could use a reducing ring but instead I'll use a step drill for the rest of the holes to make them 1". I have the conduit and fittings.

Another great idea, thanks.
I found my 1" knockout plugs and punched a hole for 3/4" EMT connector.

EMT connector.jpg

Here is top side. Might be able to use a step drill to make the hole more round. A reducing ring on each side would work too, I have some 1" to 3/4" laying around. I used a small channel lock pliers to flatten the tabs.

Knockout plug.jpg

One could use a reducing ring but instead I'll use a step drill for the rest of the holes to make them 1". I have the conduit and fittings.

I found my 1" knockout plugs and punched a hole for 3/4" EMT connector.

View attachment 228845

Here is top side. Might be able to use a step drill to make the hole more round. A reducing ring on each side would work too, I have some 1" to 3/4" laying around. I used a small channel lock pliers to flatten the tabs.

View attachment 228846
Thank you for the photos, they explain it perfectly.

For clarity I was referring to the reducing rings on my wiring trough to step the holes I drilled down to a 3/4" EMT fitting.
I suppose your method would work just fine as well and keep it consistent on both sides.

For comparison, I experimented on the 2nd inverter. Here is hole punched to 1" and 1" EMT connector.

1 inch EMT connector.jpg

1 inch EMT connector outside.jpg

Just a slight sliver open on each side. I think I'll do both with the 1" EMT connector.

That hole punch comes in handy. :)

diy solar

diy solar
Back