diy solar

diy solar

SRNE 12kW IP65 HES and 10kW ASP

I noticed one thing on that comparison chart that made me laugh. The SRNE has ??? for transfer time while the others were 10ms and such. If it works like mine its 0ms transfer time. It runs the inverter all the freaking time. That's why it eats the battery in hybrid mode like that. Its not only idle consuming x watts its actually make power with it too. The load compared to the grid usage number is always about the same amount as the idle consumption of the batteries different from each other if that makes sense.

Example :

2000 load
1900 grid
100 watts idle draining from the batteries.
That doesn't make sense...... it is running in battery mode to do ups so batteries take the hit while on grid vs swapping from grid to batteries? Is that CORRECT?

Is anyone else seeing that too? Solutions?

That doesn't make sense...... it is running in battery mode to do ups so batteries take the hit while on grid vs swapping from grid to batteries? Is that CORRECT?

Its been well covered :)

I ended up buying a battery charger to keep the battery where I wanted it and bought a victron 150/35 and put some panels on it to charge during the day to cover it.

Most people are running sbu so not having a problem with it. Using the UTI setting and running hybrid as in always on ac with the solar powering when available is what makes it do it. My tp6048 didn't work like this. It only touched the batteries when the grid power went down.

My opinion of the unit is its a great inverter as far as load capacity and all other areas EXCEPT as a true hybrid unit. It sucks as a hybrid inverter compared to my LF tp6048.

Took this pic just now at 3:11am central time. Its on the grid so it shouldn't be using anything from the battery. It pulls 0.6%/hr all the time.

7-9-24-3am.jpg

Last edited:
I noticed one thing on that comparison chart that made me laugh. The SRNE has ??? for transfer time while the others were 10ms and such. If it works like mine its 0ms transfer time. It runs the inverter all the freaking time. That's why it eats the battery in hybrid mode like that. Its not only idle consuming x watts its actually make power with it too. The load compared to the grid usage number is always about the same amount as the idle consumption of the batteries different from each other if that makes sense.

Example :

2000 load
1900 grid
100 watts idle draining from the batteries.
Different inverters, we are running the ASP version.
Would be a good test of the Borick support to ask what it is for the HESP, along with idle consumption.

Hmmmmm, very interesting - a pair can do 25KW for 5 seconds, that's a lot of juice!
I need over 1/2 of that just to get my shop air compressor started.

I own a 15 hp 3 phase still in the old shop but that would be a challenge to get started on inverter power with other loads present in the shop.

I need over 1/2 of that just to get my shop air compressor started.

I own a 15 hp 3 phase still in the old shop but that would be a challenge to get started on inverter power with other loads present in the shop.
The hesp says surge rating is 2x rated power so two 12k units should provide 48kw of surge, supposedly

Running parallel to grid it can pull power from the grid to power heavy starting loads.
Right. Parallel to the grid it will power anything so I believe the 2 times rated power for surge is without any grid assistance

I am running HESP without battery as on grid inverter and can confirm that the load terminals (they call it UPS load) are energized all the time, 24/7. There is no setting I have found to disable UPS load function. According to display this draws a constant 7 watts of idle power. As others have noted there is no transfer time.

I am running HESP without battery as on grid inverter and can confirm that the load terminals (they call it UPS load) are energized all the time, 24/7. There is no setting I have found to disable UPS load function. According to display this draws a constant 7 watts of idle power. As others have noted there is no transfer time.
Nice!

I have some questions- which model are you using? Where did you purchase from? Are you using solar assistant? How do you like the inverter so far?

The ASP is an Off Grid Inverter.
The HESP is a Hybrid Inverter.
We need to make an acronym chart one day.

TP = voltronic inverter
IP = voltronic mistake

XP = new stuff with creative market on watts produced vs PV produced

EX = lets stretch out the the current line for one more generation

diy solar

diy solar
Back