diy solar

diy solar

SRNE 20KW parallel ASP journey.

It just dawned on me it's going to take twice the time to hit the MWhs...

Still have no regrets.

I would expected the load total to be damn near even between them.
Might be a Silly question but have you run them with an imbalance to see when and where it creates a problem?

Why? Or you mean just cuz you have two units and each will display half the total?
Yea, because of two units.
Might be a Silly question but have you run them with an imbalance to see when and where it creates a problem?
Yea, I haven't had any issues. I haven't had the imbalance as high as the ASF because I don't have enough 120V loads. I had that up to ~75% imbalance, I've had the ASPs up around ~40% with no issues. It'd difficult to come up with 10KW of 120V loads on a single leg without really trying and moving stuff around.

Yea, I haven't had any issues. I haven't had the imbalance as high as the ASF because I don't have enough 120V loads. I had that up to ~75% imbalance, I've had the ASPs up around ~40% with no issues. It'd difficult to come up with 10KW of 120V loads on a single leg without really trying and moving stuff around.
Why I asked 😀🫡 Thanks

That would be a huge imbalance. I only have 100a service. Highest imbalance I've ever had was a measly 3.9kw.... Sounds like the right design/load panel setup if it's difficult to acheive a high imbalanced load.

You do not have the same issues with leg imbalance from using 2 HF inverters to create 2 phase power versus a LF inverter that uses a transformer for split phase.

I generally don't bother to respond or even read Timselectric . I will point out that in the manuals it states it is 2 phase. His failure to see the theory behind this stuff is why I have him on ignore.

There's so much misinformation about phasing.
The first thing that you have to understand is what phasing is.
It's timing of separate sources.
Each phase (source) happens at a different time.
Power is created and used in single phases.
When you have multiple phases, they are separated by time.
To use multiple phases, you have to connect multiple loads. Each to their respective phase.
Two phase doesn't exists anymore, except for in a couple of very old factories.
It was abandoned and replaced by 3-phase.
The only options currently available around the world are single phase and 3-phase.
Split-phase is single phase with a center tapped neutral.
3-phase is 3 single phases timed equally at 1/3 of 360° (120° each).

PS: a Chinese manual is not the best place to learn electrical theory.

diy solar

diy solar
Back