diy solar

diy solar

6 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

Looks like I should have bought 2 of the ASF48100u200-H at the end of last year. Seems like the price has jumped up quite a bit. I am not in a super hurry to replace the LVX6048 I guess, but really happy with the SRNE as this point.

I still get a kick out of running my AC off solar. I know it is no big deal, but it still makes me smile.

Lucky you.

If we were able to get a net-metering agreement with our elec coop, no matter how much energy we pump into the grid, our bill would never be below ~$50.

Hahaha. Only 1 array, 2.8KW. It's W facing on a detached garage roof.
My thought process is utilize it to offset the ~$16 / month connection fee, make some money, and have a 'green energy' selling point for the next buyers.
Around here they won't pay you for excess.

Wow.

I'd get a check once a year but still have to pay the monthly fee.
You can bank X number of Kwh on the grid, once bank is full, they get excess for free.

Any Kwh in the bank at true up, they won't pay for it.

My brother used to get paid $0.10/Kwh off his wind generator (17.5Kwh Jacobs) but then a merger happened and those contracts were voided. Net metering with the above restrictions. Farmers are now PO'd. Max bank for farmers is 2000 Kwh in bank at any one time. Most were installing big arrays, then banking the power for grain drying. 2000 Kwh won't get them far. I know some here pay an electric bill during harvest of over $5,000 per month with about $0.15/Kwh cost.

Boring updates. I'll let the photos talk.
View attachment 224624
View attachment 224626
@Badbyte were you asking about firmware version in the other thread?
View attachment 224627

Thank you for the software version, I don't know how big a difference software wise it makes between the ASF you have there and the ASP.
your ASF: 8.15 1.04
my ASP:8.17.12 1.04
Makes me wonder, if you were to add the parts the ASF is mising that the ASP has and reflash the ASF with the ASP software, would you then have a fully working ASP inverter??? Food for thought.... anyone out there interested in making a kit like this by any chance?

Nice, You're almost at 6 MWh ... for a home setup that is impressive as all heck, considering it's all going thru a singe AIO inverter.
The more I see, read about and play with one of these myself, the more I like them. Wish I could travel 10 years into the future to see how well these units are holding up.

Thank you for the software version, I don't know how big a difference software wise it makes between the ASF you have there and the ASP.
your ASF: 8.15 1.04
my ASP:8.17.12 1.04
I'll hopefully be checking the ASPs tonight after work.
Makes me wonder, if you were to add the parts the ASF is mising that the ASP has and reflash the ASF with the ASP software, would you then have a fully working ASP inverter??? Food for thought.... anyone out there interested in making a kit like this by any chance?
I might inquire if parts are available and give it a try as a winter project.
Nice, You're almost at 6 MWh ... for a home setup that is impressive as all heck, considering it's all going thru a singe AIO inverter.
The more I see, read about and play with one of these myself, the more I like them. Wish I could travel 10 years into the future to see how well these units are holding up.
You and me both.

I'll hopefully be checking the ASPs tonight after work.

I might inquire if parts are available and give it a try as a winter project.

If it works, then it would be an easy way to convert your current ASF to an ASP and connected it to the 2 new ASPs you have yet to finish installing.
I can just see your setup now with 30,000 watts of inverter AC power and 33,000 watts of solar controlled by the inverters, all at your fingertips... :cool:

Lol! That is the plan for today. I do have a big electric auger if it gets bad, but hoping the shovel will do the trick.
Well, 50 feet of trench dug, pipe buried, yellow caution tape, all the good stuff. 8-foot grounding rod with a sledgehammer. 15 more feet of trench (I have to be careful with this part as there is other stuff in the ground). Not sure about the sanity of doing it in this heat, but hey it's getting there...

1719519781507.png

diy solar

diy solar
Back