diy solar

diy solar

SRNE ASF 10k inverter

Jim1033

I just received the SNRE ASF48100U200H. It is supposed to be a 10k split phase inverter. See pictures. I paid a little more than I wanted but if it is what it says it will be worth it. That is still to be seen. I will say it is bigger and way heavier than my 5.5k Chinese clone. It says it does up to 6hp motor. It actually says something about being grid tie. I am not so sure about that yet. I do have a grid tie meter and solar edge grid tie only setup but think I will keep them separate for now. Don’t need the magic blue smoke yet. Just wondering if anyone has seen this or another one similar. Is it a knock off of something? Maybe a MPP hybrid. The display seems way more robust than the other ones I have seen. Will know more when I plug it in for a test. I will keep you all posted. B45394CC-BEDB-4F78-ABAB-70F6267D2BBB.pngA335B37C-CFFD-4336-9C5B-E455C72218C1.png

Here is a couple of other pictures. The menus is still mostly the same as all the MPP and other Chinese clones. More options it does lithium as well. I can’t wait to put it together.

Hhhmmmm interesting. There was a delay in shipping they said (see image) something about the ground wire. Maybe they fixed it? I can only hope. Did you get far enough to see if it actually does 10k? 38EADB6F-D034-4847-AA3A-B6BC3B0228A2.png

I didnt get to test anything it blew up within 10 seconds of applying battery power do to the grounded neutral. From what I could tell the original design had neutral half way between L1 and L2 so if you ground it you shorted out L1. They said they where fixing it and would send me a new one once they did.

Well I do not want to get too excited but I think they have the ground thing worked out. I took AC Voltage to well everywhere and they all read correctly. I have a bunch of pictures but will show the neutral to ground and neutral to chassis ground and a split phase. But they all look good. Let me know if I need to be careful of anything else… I will say the pre charge on this thing was crazy. After a spark or 2 I set up the breaker and used a resister and a couple of jumpers. It finally charged up and turned the breaker on. Oh and here is a post of the display. Now I am curious about the grid tie… 6AF99E39-67FB-4E84-8A94-7EFC8F3874EE.jpegE7464B5A-8312-4B62-AB5F-D9252ED0A9EF.jpegD65705F4-1E88-4CFB-9691-B26CE67BE890.jpeg0F188D02-C405-4779-BD81-521ACEE0DBB4.jpeg

So does it bond neutral and ground when running in inverter mode? The other question is does it break NG bond when running in AC pass through?

Good question, I have not put it all together so not sure about pass through. Will let you all know when I get there. I need to run a larger wire. My other one was just 5 k so need to up the wire and breaker. I could just test it with what I have to see. Either way will keep you all posted.

Hey Jim, have you done anymore testing on this unit? I was just about to order the exact unit SRNE. If you don't mind me asking what did they quote you on the unit? I'm wanting to hook this to the Grid for ac pass through, so Like @Mattb4 mentioned I would be very interested in knowing about the NG bond.

I am still working on it. I did get the output AC hooked up without load. I have it connected to my 30 amp generator back feed plug. Charged the battery a little. I just put the ground rod in the ground and connecting that tonight. This is way bigger than my 5.5kw system and doing everything over and hopefully better. May post more once I have the ground and a small load on it. I will say at one point I think I had a 26v difference on the ground and neutral but it was probably me not having everything together correctly. The cheap AC panel I bought has the neutral and the ground connected. What I am reading it should not be that way. Will have to look more on that. 8F47ECC3-FC58-4249-A408-7E7DF1B1EF0E.jpeg

Oh and I paid like $1650 us. I was in early. They dropped the prices a couple of times since. I also had to wait. The Chinese holidays and something about production delay with the ground. See picture. So they threw in like $50 in wire and mc4 connectors. I am still hopeful. I like the display probably more once I get used to it. Need to do more testing. I think when I disconnected it for a couple of days it lost my settings. I want to test that again. Again will post more when I get the ground connected. 5BD420E2-311F-44FE-A024-17F2DD41FD0D.png

I am still working on it. I did get the output AC hooked up without load. I have it connected to my 30 amp generator back feed plug. Charged the battery a little. I just put the ground rod in the ground and connecting that tonight. This is way bigger than my 5.5kw system and doing everything over and hopefully better. May post more once I have the ground and a small load on it. I will say at one point I think I had a 26v difference on the ground and neutral but it was probably me not having everything together correctly. The cheap AC panel I bought has the neutral and the ground connected. What I am reading it should not be that way. Will have to look more on that. View attachment 119689
Awesome thanks for the update!

So I am a little confused and may have an issue. Maybe not… I just contacted SNRE. Will see what they say. In bypass mode everything seems to be working ok. In battery mode it seems ok with a small load. I put a 750 watt heat Gun and it seemed ok then when I turned it off, it tripped the inverter

Sorry there was more. It did come back on after a min. I also got some strange ground to neutral voltages. From 0 volts which is good. Then 26 volts then at one point it was like 68volts. Also the line to ground is typically 120 with load. It was low like 15-20. Maybe there is some capacitors charging or something. I will see what the vender says.

Back