diy solar

diy solar

4 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

So I am getting the stuff I need to hook this beast up, the manual states 3awg for the AC in and out (I'm running 120 only) would this cable work from the AC out to the breaker panel and from the generator to the inverter?

Or

Last edited:
So I am getting the stuff I need to hook this beast up, the manual states 3awg for the AC in and out (I'm running 120 only) would this cable work from the AC out to the breaker panel and from the generator to the inverter?

Or

I don't think there is any chance 3awg will fit. I'd double check the manual.

Screenshot_20231018-162657.jpg

Ya I did it shows for the neutral line 3awg, and 6awg for the L1 and L2 which is combined in single phase.

I really don't think 3awg will fit in any of them and 4 would be tight. I hope the manual is correct and I'm wrong.

Learning / dumb? time...
What's the correct way to install the Midnite studded breakers? Washer or no washer on the bottom. My thinking is the washer makes most sense but everything I've read here says no washers between to keep resistance down.... In this case I don't think it matters since there is another nut and washer anyway...
@Mattb4 did you hook yours up yet?

Attachments

• IMG_20231018_192705.jpg
    IMG_20231018_192705.jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20231018_192611.jpg
    IMG_20231018_192611.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 27
I really don't think 3awg will fit in any of them and 4 would be tight. I hope the manual is correct and I'm wrong.
My guess your correct, because the manual recommends the use of ferrule ends which crimps on 3awg wire but the end is less in diameter, because it's solid metal, but even so I don't understand them recommending 6 and 3 awg wire when the wire from the same terminal to the inner workings of the inverter are 10awg, lol wtf ;P anyways what are you using for each N L1 and L2?

My guess your correct, because the manual recommends the use of ferrule ends which crimps on 3awg wire but the end is less in diameter, because it's solid metal, but even so I don't understand them recommending 6 and 3 awg wire when the wire from the same terminal to the inner workings of the inverter are 10awg, lol wtf ;P
Yea, I didn't understand that either.
anyways what are you using for each N L1 and L2?
6AWG THHN.
I ordered this since it was the best price I could find at the time, note that I didn't get the white; 2 blacks, 1 red, 1 green. The description is also wrong, definitely 15' not "... It was UL listed quality wire.
ACDC WIRE AND SUPPLY 15 Inch EA THHN THWN 6 AWG Gauge - Black - White - Red - + 10 AWG Green Ground Hook Up Building Wire, (THHN-6-10-15) https://a.co/d/gj15DdL
Screenshot_20231019-224657.jpg

Updates.
I haven't forgotten about the N/G bond tests and other items mentioned a page or so ago. Work life and life hasn't let me take the house loads offline to test yet.

I'm slowly closing in on 1Mw with 0 issues.

I figured out what the root cause was of the random restarts a few weeks / pages ago... When some brilliant person was setting up the BMS's way back when they set max charge current at 60a per pack... I realized this while I was programming the 3rd BMS. They have since been changed to 110a, just under 0.5c, and I've had no issues since.... User error strikes again...

Attachments

• IMG_20231025_160215.jpg
    IMG_20231025_160215.jpg
    267.3 KB · Views: 14
Hi, can you post your settings on the inverter...
How's this? (attached). Display screen bottom right is software version. Let me know if you can't read any of my chicken scratch and I'll try to decipher.

Edit - rotated that sideways photo. Drives me crazy when people post them sideways ?.

Attachments

• IMG_20231025_195916.jpg
    IMG_20231025_195916.jpg
    361 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20231025_200016.jpg
    IMG_20231025_200016.jpg
    359.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_20231025_195812.jpg
    IMG_20231025_195812.jpg
    353.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20231025_195958__01.jpg
    IMG_20231025_195958__01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Updates.
I haven't forgotten about the N/G bond tests and other items mentioned a page or so ago. Work life and life hasn't let me take the house loads offline to test yet.

I'm slowly closing in on 1Mw with 0 issues.

I figured out what the root cause was of the random restarts a few weeks / pages ago... When some brilliant person was setting up the BMS's way back when they set max charge current at 60a per pack... I realized this while I was programming the 3rd BMS. They have since been changed to 110a, just under 0.5c, and I've had no issues since.... User error strikes again...
I think you covered the n/g option. have you ever investigated your current on ground issue? Thanks for posting the settings. seems pretty straightforward. Just curious, what are your battery and pv kw?

I think you covered the n/g option. have you ever investigated your current on ground issue? Thanks for posting the settings. seems pretty straightforward. Just curious, what are your battery and pv kw?
I never did clamp the ground or figure that out. Thanks for the reminder.

- 9s2p 315w Q Cells to mppt1 - 5.67kw
- 6s2p 305w LG Neon's to mppt2 - 3.66kw
- 32 230ah Eve cells and 16 305ah AESC cells ~ 39kwh.

Slowly making progress.
Should have N/G tests after lunch when I take things offline to wire in the new battery disconnect.

Ps it does run off solar only as @Lighthouse Beacon mentioned in his thread. I had no issues when I turned off the batteries earlier today.

Edit - photo had my address visible. Oops.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112-174312.jpg
    Screenshot_20231112-174312.jpg
    544.3 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Is this inverter capable of generator boost like a Victron? Want to operate it in parallel with either my generator or my car’s V2L.

Ideally with surplus power going to charge and the inverter automatically making up the demand above the power source’s limit.

Is this inverter capable of generator boost like a Victron? Want to operate it in parallel with either my generator or my car’s V2L.

Ideally with surplus power going to charge and the inverter automatically making up the demand above the power source’s limit.
Never thought of that with V2L. You could limit the Victron AC in to 15a and pull rest from DC (PV and Battery), power assist function or whatever.

I don't believe so. There are settings for maximum grid/generator charging current and a few different time schedule options as well as overload bypass.

Lessons learned for the next storage expansion....
-Leave room to work! I'll be using a metal cabinet and taping the cells in groups before hand. I will likely end up changing out the orange strap, it is bugging me. Have to see if I can find an old school hand bander to borrow.
-Don't go overkill with 1AWG marine wire for the pack to bus connections, it's really not bend friendly, 4AWG would have been ample with my parallel packs. The 2/0 welding wire is so much easier to work with.
-Drill and tap all connections for BMS wires, tightening down the cell connections with the ring terminals on top is a pita.
-Top balance unless using an active balancing BMS, had to switch to grid and float the envisions for over a day to get them close at the top of the curve. The LF230s from Docan that I top balanced got to 3.5v with no crazy runners.
-think 10 steps ahead, 5 isn't enough.

I think that's enough self criticism for now ?.

I'll get the 3rd pack on the top shelf after work today.

I could take the SGP off the wall and fit a nice tall stack in that area..

Edit to add the combiner box still has to be added, I know those breakers hanging in the wild aren't ideal and I'll be using ferrules on all connections.

Attachments

• IMG_20231030_215335.jpg
    IMG_20231030_215335.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 26
Back