diy solar

diy solar

SS EG4 6000EX FW Update (Main CPU / Secondary CPU)

There is another new update from the previous release on feb 8th for the 6000ex. Also, now they have an MCU folder update too which was not posted on the feb 8th release. Did them both yesterday and at least I saw 80/90% improvement on flickering when solar charging / solar is feeding the loads. Some quick lights dimming still happening when large loads come in service, to be honest I would expect that. I'm still testing to see. When using eg4 charging profiles the battery SOC is still out of sync.
are you using the 63.13?

Does this firmware give you control of the back2ACgrid using % instead of Volts?
I have not checked those settings. I use Solar Assistant to control grid use if needed. To be honest it is simpler and I can change it from anywhere. I have tried to used the inverter's Solar Power App but it is kind of laggy and not accurate. The SA uses the battery state of charge sent by the LLs BMS.

% insted of volts on these depends if your Lithium comm cable is working or not to the battery.

Help? @akitawpo , I updated the 63.13 firmware first and then the other folder's 61.08 firmware. After that my LCD screen went blank. I recall someone, maybe you?, had the same issue?

Help? @akitawpo , I updated the 63.13 firmware first and then the other folder's 61.08 firmware. After that my LCD screen went blank. I recall someone, maybe you?, had the same issue?
I did them both and everything went well, at least for now. Have your tried to turn the whole system off and reboot?

I did them both and everything went well, at least for now. Have your tried to turn the whole system off and reboot?
Okay, I got the screen working again by reflashing the 61.08 firmware.
I also noticed I lost the ability to set setting #11 from 10A. I had this set at 110A with the previous firmware version. Now, I can't change it from 10A.
The voltage controls still do not use %.
Can you please check your setting #11?

Okay, I got the screen working again by reflashing the 61.08 firmware.
I also noticed I lost the ability to set setting #11 from 10A. I had this set at 110A with the previous firmware version. Now, I can't change it from 10A.
The voltage controls still do not use %.
Can you please check your setting #11?
Are you using eg4 charge profile?

When I first re-started the system, I tried to use the eg4 setting and it did not change the charge parameters from what I had as user define. I did a re-start once again and all seem ok. When finally the eg4 settings took and realized the SOC was reading wrong went back to user define as in this setting I can see my all my packs in Solar Assitsant. If I used the eg4 setting I could never see all my packs The SOC is not accurate for me to remotely change and adjust settings real time if needed.

Setting 11 is "locked" using the eg4 charge parameter. Under user define it can be adjusted. At least for me, I could never raise it above 80amps. 90amps pr higher and the inverter starts dpimg weird noises and shuts down. Maybe the new firmware corrected this. Another thing to try...lol

Waiting to be in the house during solar charging to verify once again if the light flickering is really gone. Al least saturday and sunday I did not see any of it and if it happened it was barely noticed. Mostly if big surge like the water pump or the washing machine were running I would see them quickly blink but that is another issue not related to what I was seeing when on solar. The badest was the inside light of my fridge. You would open it and it seemed like a disco party. Like I said at least Saturday and Sunday it seemed 80/90% better.

Last edited:
Back