diy solar

diy solar

Sungold Power vs Ruixu?

I just saw these batteries today or $999 and free shipping, what do you think?.
Good price, but the cabling is going to be semi-custom, and you won't have a rolling rack.

Interesting, an 8 year warranty. I guess I'd do a search and see what people think of them. Try Google. Also see what they think about the company etc. ?

If you go for it I reccomend getting singles so you don't have to deal with the limitations of parallel format.

And 67KG (147.4 lbs), for me, yikes. 100 lb is manageable, 147, not so sure.
I see the 67kg on the pictures, but the spec shows 47kg (104lbs)..
The 47kg makes more sense..
I'm on the edge of buying them myself...

I see the 67kg on the pictures, but the spec shows 47kg (104lbs)..
The 47kg makes more sense..
I'm on the edge of buying them myself...
With the Ruixu, for an extra $1500ish with 6 you get (eggroll?) a pretty nice rack, a fat bus-bar and cabling to it. The batteries appear to be slightly lower profile as well. Probably 1/2 the difference if you want to rack it all up with a DIY arrangement. I'm just a little too anal, Thus far the RUiXU rack has been the most impressive cosmetically that I've seen in a rolling rack arrangement.

That being said, I'd buy $1K 5000kwh pre-assembled rack mountable batteries before I' d try and roll my own. At that price point, it gets increasingly more difficult to justify the diminishing savings difference from building it yourself.

With the Ruixu, for an extra $1500ish with 6 you get (eggroll?) a pretty nice rack, a fat bus-bar and cabling to it. The batteries appear to be slightly lower profile as well. Probably 1/2 the difference if you want to rack it all up with a DIY arrangement. I'm just a little too anal, Thus far the RUiXU rack has been the most impressive cosmetically that I've seen in a rolling rack arrangement.

That being said, I'd buy $1K 5000kwh pre-assembled rack mountable batteries before I' d try and roll my own. At that price point, it gets increasingly more difficult to justify the diminishing savings difference from building it yourself.
I would get 2 rack batteries max.. This is primarily for just storage/use when power is out as an extra battery bank for a sogen.. So not nearly as critical with bus bars and stuff in my situation.. Makes it cleaner than four 12v batteries in series...

Will Prowse has a review of the AOLithium server rack battery about a year go. The info might be out of date, so take it with a grain of salt.

I looked into these and some reviewers had problems with off balance cells….

I think the person who got the 4 batteries for 3599 and free shipping got the best deal of all time, but when It tried it they fixed it and now its 3999 still good deal.

I think the person who got the 4 batteries for 3599 and free shipping got the best deal of all time, but when It tried it they fixed it and now its 3999 still good deal.
I would have jumped all over it if I had a place for them... I'm already trying to squeeze what I got in a small space..

Do you happen to run Solar Assistant and is it working connected to the Ruixu? It's not listed on their site yet so just curious which USB setting works if any.
I cannot get the Solar Assistant to communicate with Ruixu yet and I tried all the protocols in the list... I sent an email to the Solar Assistant team but not response so not sure if or when the Ruixu battery will see support.

The Ruixu pack is TopBand made and the BMS is also found in the same battery sold by Fogstar in the UK and Maple Leaf Power in Canada so hopefully we can get the comms working soon.

It talks to the Voltronic with LI-b protocol (the PYL mode seems to work as well but i cannot get rid of the "70" flashing message which apparently means the BMS is requesting to be charged before use...? The odd thing is that I have 20kWh but the Solar assistant only shows 4.8kWh as if it is only reading the one master pack from the inverter data-stream.

Back