diy solar

diy solar

Sunsynk MAX 16 KW !

I'm interested to know what the rated PV voltage is. Hopefully it is the same as the 3phase models which have a rating of 800V (MPPT range of 200-650V)

Otherwise if it just has 3 MPPTs rated at 450V, then it would be a struggle getting anywhere near 16kWp of solar without using parallel strings.

I just stumbled across the datasheet for this. Sadly Vocmax is only 450V. It has 3 MPPTs that can each take two parallel strings.

Also, note Deye has announced the same inverter, which will no doubt have the exact same specs at a cheaper price.

Price in SA is 60,000Rand which is US$4027, or about 3 times the price of the 5kW version.

I'll be sticking to 3 of the 5kW version for the 6 separate MPPTs and a bit of redundancy.

Attachments

• SunSynkMaxDataSheet.pdf
    180.4 KB · Views: 21
That is a Deya inverter. SunSink , just puts their name on it. But, they don't try to rape or bs their customers.
What is this raping and BSing of customers that you speak of? I'd be keen to hear more.

I have already formed my opinion of Sunsynk and the CEO Keith based on him ignoring my questions on the Sunsynk forums and his youtube videos.

And I have so far had great assistance from the Deye team.

What is this raping and BSing of customers that you speak of? I'd be keen to hear more.

I have already formed my opinion of Sunsynk and the CEO Keith based on him ignoring my questions on the Sunsynk forums and his youtube videos.

And I have so far had great assistance from the Deye team.
I believe he is referring to the SolArk, which is rebranded Deye sold at 3x the price. In addition SolArks are marketed as being all American Hoorah USA veteran built etc. all of that is tough to accept when you know that it’s a Chinese designed and manufactured product.

I believe he is referring to the SolArk, which is rebranded Deye sold at 3x the price. In addition SolArks are marketed as being all American Hoorah USA veteran built etc. all of that is tough to accept when you know that it’s a Chinese designed and manufactured product.
Yup

I wish it was that simple ??
Love all your videos. I got some questions for ya if you could spare the time.
What was your role regarding the GTIL2s?

So maybe you can put another discussion to rest. There’s been lengthy discussions about this..
Is the SolArk just a Deye inverter that they slightly changed and slapped there name on it for a much higher price?
Which came out first,, the SolArk or Deye hybrid?
Same question for SunSink hybrid but at its fair price instead of much higher?

It’s mppt string v is much higher
Thanks for your replies Keith.

Can you advise what the max string voltage is? I was basing my information off this datasheet which specified 450Vocmax.

Attachments

• SunSynkMaxDataSheet.pdf
    180.4 KB · Views: 3
Hi this is Keith, I receive upto 1000 emails what’s app we chat, feedbacks a day please accept my apologies if I can’t physically reply to everyone

Not sure what you mean cheaper price, as sister companies we price match you can choose which operating system and Apps you like
True, my comment about the Deye being at a cheaper price is probably unjustified. I was mainly referring to what I expected the Sunsynk would cost me to import from somewhere (Australia? South Africa? UK?...) (no local supplier here in New Zealand) vs what it would cost be to import Deye inverters from China.

I'm sure if I was living in one of those countries with a Sunsynk and Deye importer, the prices would be comparable.

Hi this is Keith, I receive upto 1000 emails what’s app we chat, feedbacks a day please accept my apologies if I can’t physically reply to everyone.

I understand, I was wanting to determine if the Sunsynk software supports an external meter connected via RS485 like the Deye does.

A headsup to the Australians and New Zealanders. Some of the Sunsynk inverters are now approved and listed by the CEC.
1653989268424.png

So maybe you can put another discussion to rest. There’s been lengthy discussions about this..
Is the SolArk just a Deye inverter that they slightly changed and slapped there name on it for a much higher price?
Same question for SunSink hybrid but at its fair price instead of much higher?I highly questions won't be answered

Same question for SunSink hybrid but at its fair price instead of much higher?
I doubt these questions will receive an answer!

I have a sunsynk 8kw inverter. Sunsynk's firmware compared to Deye's Firmware is way better.
Better GUI, better mobile application for remote monitoring and making remote adjustments to the inverter.
Simply hate the deye flow chart.

Keith, are you selling your products in the US? I asked on many of your videos, and also inquired on your site, I never once got a response. I took that to be "no" so I went ahead and finally purchased a SA. I'd still like to know the answer though since Deye wont sell here.

Keith, are you selling your products in the US? I asked on many of your videos, and also inquired on your site, I never once got a response. I took that to be "no" so I went ahead and finally purchased a SA. I'd still like to know the answer though since Deye wont sell here.
You will find that he can't because of sol-arks exclusivity agreement with Deye.

Deye won't sell split phase inverters to anyone other than solark

You will find that he can't because of sol-arks exclusivity agreement with Deye.

Deye won't sell split phase inverters to anyone other than solark
SunSink doesn't sell a split-phase inverter, as far as I know.
I have plans for a couple Deye in the future. But not interested in split-phase, anyway.

SunSink doesn't sell a split-phase inverter, as far as I know.
I have plans for a couple Deye in the future. But not interested in split-phase, anyway.
You might be able to get a single phase inverter from deye directly then.

Back