diy solar

diy solar

Terrible Signature Solar / EG4 18Kpv Experience - Returning and Replaced with Sol-Ark 15k

Well if Will is running one of these for his own use then he might want to buy the one the op has to run them in parallel if SS will transfer the warranty to Will. Then he can confirm it all. Would make a heck of a video :)

Well if Will is running one of these for his own use then he might want to buy the one the op has to run them in parallel if SS will transfer the warranty to Will. Then he can confirm it all. Would make a heck of a video :)
Are these inverters capable of B2B stacking?

Something tells me Will may not have to buy it ;)

That said, it’s boxed and ready to go, happy to send it wherever they’d like. I also imagine after the firmware changes it may be hard to replicate, especially because I can’t even confirm what settings were in place, they were continually changing by different people there. I don’t say that as a bad thing, just that I couldn’t tell you exactly how to replicate the problem. At that point it becomes an unscientific test which kinda defeats the point.

Just trying to keep up with your title update ?
I can’t wait till, I’m either going to get a message from a member asking about buying products, or a message from Will telling me I’m not authorized to have that in my title.

At which point I’ll have a good laugh, change it back to nothing, and go back under the radar to continue hiding my true identity like a superhero.

Why don’t you follow the rules then, identify your business affiliation in the solar market so the the people here can understand this is a B2B dispute as the policies on this forum intended?

Signature Solar : I am not a business owner - nor ever would be - God bless you guys for risking your money, time and energy to get us the things we need -- BUT you are really losing "cool" points quickly trying to argue with a CUSTOMER that has done nothing but defend what you guys did for him ... He clearly NEVER stated he worked for SOL-ARK -- but that's not important ... even if he was 100% - NO - 101% wrong and you were 200% right -- just state the facts (which you did earlier) and move on --

If he is 100% wrong and makes a fool of himself then we all laugh and move on and no one loses nothing

If YOU - right or wrong - gaslight him and start making up arguments to argue - which you are really getting close to that line - then YOU will lose customers BECAUSE they will tell themselves - "well if THAT can happen to that guy -- then it can happen to ME"

SO just take a breath and step away from the keyboard ...

and maybe while you're doing that listen to the concerns that people have over how Signature is currently operating and fix those issues ... Most of the time when people complain its not because they are trying to hurt you business but to make it better in ways that you may not know about ...

YOUR lack of Customer Service availability and the seemingly lack of knowledge of things when people do get through is one thing I would work on ...

I just wouldn't be spending time on forums seen by 100K browbeating a customer that not only bought from you originally - but made it clear that he did not want a Discount or anything BUT simply for his equipment he gave you 6-8K for to do what the manual said it would do ...

BUT none of that is important .. even if WILL came back and said Signature Solar is 100% right then THAT makes the Signature Solar techs and owner look unknowledgeable because they couldn't repair their own equipment even when teleporting in ...

THEY took remote possession of his system not once -- not twice -- but 3 times ... each time they changed and then reversed the firmware .. then changed it again ..THEN changed and unchanged the settings ... and the list goes on ...

and at one time they DID have it working -- until I think the owner got on and changed something back ... i loose track .. (I ran out of popcorn a while back)

SOOO no matter what -- if a 3rd party says its the hardware -- then SS should have been able to trouble shoot that ...

If a 3rd party says its the firmware (whispering to myself: which it is!) then SS should have simply said - "hey we have done everything to replicate the issues that you are having and we can't see it - BUT we do see the issues you reported on the log ourselves - we have no idea what to do - so 2 choices - we can swap it out or refund" .. and THEY would have been heroes and the Customer would have been happy ...

AND at first that's exactly what happened ...

Then some SS person got on and said there was a 40% restocking fee for something that Mr.Watt had no issues over and within the 30 day return -- SO THAT RIGHT THERE SHOULD SCARE A LOT OF POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS ...

Then that was corrected ...

Then the Owner gets on and accuses Mr. WATTS of not mentioning his association with Dairy Queen or Toyota or something like that and accuses him on a public forum of being a Business saboteur or spy or something like that ... And if I was Mr. WATTS I would just stop commenting because at this point SS has shot themselves in the foot, STOMACH AND HEAD and I guarantee you this has cost them Business showing exactly what kind of customer service, technical support and management the company has ... and showing that OVER and OVER ...

And from where I sit - I don't care if you owned SOL-ARK or Dairy Queen or Toyota -- or all 3 ... THAT had nothing to do with the issue ...

Everything was FINE until SS Management jumped in - didn't read the post obviously - and then started gaslighting you that you were on some counterintelligence mission to bring them down ...

aaaggghhhhh

I THINK SS is close to having their Bud Light moment if they keep this up

Last edited:
Don't over rate yourself, they are the biggest and generally the best place to buy DIY solar equipment.

BTW, seriously not cool posting private messages.
I think it was great for posting private messages and after cruising this forum for a while I have decided to not get anything for them. I have been setting up an off grid cabin. All this info is great :)

I’ve ordered from Signature Solar in the past. Had no issues. Never ever ever again.

Some of their products are pretty nice. I wouldn't mind their batteries, or their chargeverter, even their 18kpv looks nice once the issues are hammered out.

I've asked them to put their stuff on Amazon in the past, so I can buy them with some protection, but they didn't want to. I just need somebody like Amazon to protect me in case anything goes wrong with it. On Amazon I can buy a third party warranty (if I want one), not having to worry about dealing with Signature Solar down the road on warranty problems, shipping issues and damage aren't my problem, no restock fees if the product doesn't work correctly, etc..

Some of their products are pretty nice. I wouldn't mind their batteries, or their chargeverter, even their 18kpv looks nice once the issues are hammered out.

I've asked them to put their stuff on Amazon in the past, so I can buy them with some protection, but they didn't want to. I just need somebody like Amazon to protect me in case anything goes wrong with it. On Amazon I can buy a third party warranty (if I want one), not having to worry about dealing with Signature Solar down the road on warranty problems, shipping issues and damage aren't my problem, no restock fees if the product doesn't work correctly, etc..
I ordered a pallet of panels. Good shipping, no issues.

My straw was Jame’s attitude on the previous page or two.

I get why they don’t do Amazon. That’s 10% direct to Bezosbub. I doubt these are high margin products. Ever owned a business?

10% is not a big deal for some piece of plastic shit that is marked up 200%. It’s a much much bigger deal when your mark up is 20% of which has to fund all of the operating costs.

Back