diy solar

diy solar

The KISS Challenge ..

offgriddle

"FOREVER BEGINNING"
As the forum's perennial beginner, I am amazed at the daily postings from the members of the forum who are pushing the envelope of photovoltaic technologies.

The depth of the industry is clearly evident by reading about what the heavy hitters are doing with their PV set ups and I thank you all, (and you know who you are both men and women alike), for taking the time to share what you are doing in your hobby/profession, even though a good bit of it goes beyond my fairly deep, (but still beginner), technical background, at least at the first few passes.

As the best electronics teacher and overall best school teacher I ever had, (he was USAF retired), used to say to the class daily, "K.I.S.S.", Keep It Simple Stupid. That's kind of where I am at regarding my photovoltaic endeavors.

"Why would you wish to limit yourself so", those of you who push the envelope of PV sanity might ask? Well that answer is simple: When I have my feet up watching Star Trek on the LED TV and I am bragging to the other people that may or may not be in the room that this evening's entertainment is 100% courtesy of the sun and then theres a system malfunction, (we prefer to call them learning experiences now don't we?), I do not want to have to hold a *séance and conjure up the spirits of Tesla, Einstein & Edison while simultaneously holding a three way conference call with MIT and the China Company in order to develop and implement a systematic troubleshooting procedure. Instead, I want to hit a couple of switches, maybe move a wire or put a fuse back in a holder, then sit back down and finish my TV show and my conversation with the other people that may or may not be in the room.

Have a nice day everyone and don't forget to KISS at least now and then.

Peace, OG.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John Beattie Eugene Rochas seance.jpg
Séance conducted by John Beattie, Bristol, England, 1872
A séance or seance (/ˈseɪ.ɑːns/; French: [seɑ̃s]) is an attempt to communicate with spirits. The word séance comes from the French word for "session", from the Old French seoir, "to sit". In French, the word's meaning is quite general: one may, for example, speak of "une séance de cinéma" ("a movie session"). In English, however, the word came to be used specifically for a meeting of people who are gathered to receive messages from ghosts or to listen to a spirit medium discourse with or relay messages from spirits. In modern English usage, participants need not be seated while engaged in a séance.

Photo: This morning's sunrise. The green, (tease), light on my SCC is steady at this point of the morning which indicates that there is not enough current coming in from the panels to pass on to the lifepos, BUT, it's thinking about it. (When the green light begins to blink that indicates charging).

IMG_20200312_071501.jpg

Porque no los dos? I like to keep it simple when necessary, but complex when required.
In other words, if a person on a thread has a simple problem, a simple answer suffices - but that the original thread after that might go off in the gritty details and becomes more complex is just the nature of a forum such as this.

Porque no los dos? I like to keep it simple when necessary, but complex when required.
In other words, if a person on a thread has a simple problem, a simple answer suffices - but that the original thread after that might go off in the gritty details and becomes more complex is just the nature of a forum such as this.
Buen Punto, besides, one hombre's complication can be another hombre's simplicity.

Super big here on KISS. If something can go wrong it will - Murphy's Law.
And, 'just because you can does not mean you should', applies

I find many of the aspirations just way out there, especially in the mobile space. It's like they're reinventing camping systems just to be complicated, expensive, and over-built. If a little seems good then a lot must be better.

We're actually hoping fuel costs will dissuade many - maybe we can actually get a campground reservation. Seems the new units are rather piling up on the dealer lots. (y)

If you brag it will break. There's no tweaking wires and flipping a switch. If it's broken it's broken.
Over panel and ask questions later. That's my theory

Back