diy solar

diy solar

There is no short supply of degenerates in America's BLM and National Forest lands.

The scumbags are everywhere, and it is only going to get worse. Its called overpopulation. Don't step in any crap doing your video.

Not everyone has access to our financial resources.

BLM could also easily put out a few rocket stove / burn barrels for that stuff and solve > 95% of the issues.

I get real tired of hearing the leave no trace behind matra and then watch what happens in the real world due to denial of reality.

BLM could also easily put out a few rocket stove / burn barrels for that stuff and solve > 95% of the issues.

I get real tired of hearing the leave no trace behind matra and then watch what happens in the real world due to denial of reality.
If you think rocket stoves/ burn barrels are going to help you're delusional. How about a simple shovel and bury the crap. People are pigs and it has gotten awhole lot worse since the car/ van campers have decided to become influencers living out of something that doesn't have a bathroom and to lazy to bury it or pack out their trash.

Flame away you're not going to change mind Ive witnessed it first hand. Yes, there also pigs with rvs that leave there trash behind also. People, cans and glass bottles don't burn in a fire pit. o_O

If you think rocket stoves/ burn barrels are going to help you're delusional. How about a simple shovel and bury the crap. People are pigs and it has gotten awhole lot worse since the car/ van campers have decided to become influencers living out of something that doesn't have a bathroom and to lazy to bury it or pack out their trash.

Flame away you're not going to change mind Ive witnessed it first hand. Yes, there also pigs with rvs that leave there trash behind also. People, cans and glass bottles don't burn in a fire pit. o_O

I am not flaming or criticizing in any way at all.

Covid and the economy forced a lot of people to do things that they had not intended to do.

There is always going to be trash and bathroom waste - we have to find ways to deal with it.

Burying it is ok in small quantities, but isn't necessarily a complete solution either.

Just as an example of how challenging it can be to dispose of - with the heavy winter rains in this area, literally all of the camp and park areas were flooded out and I was having a heck of a time finding a place to empty some black waste. I even called the several local sewage agencies seeking guidance and they acted like they never even heard of the concept.

To be honest - the winter rains here were not that bad - it is really just poor infrastructure planning - but that is a different topic.

The nearby fair grounds used to have a place you could pay a fee and dump but they closed it.

With all of the other campgrounds closed, the one place that was operating was usually full. I ended up booking a full hook up site a week out and paying the full camping fee just to dump. My setup is extremely simple and I try hard to be responsible but it has to be at least somewhat convenient.

The one advantage of a rocket type stove / burner is that it is extremely good at burning the fumes vs a simple burn barrel.

I believe we might be discussing 2 different things. A person camping with a tent or vehicle compared to an rv with 50 gallons of black tank waste.

I get real tired of hearing the leave no trace behind matra and then watch what happens in the real world due to denial of reali

yea… and maybe people should go get a minimum wage job at 15 to 20 dollars an hour( 600- 800 week) and try to pay their way through life like the rest of us.. what the hell are you even talking about Dude…?..

Poop.

Actually not that bad of a mess compared to people with dogs who let them shit all over the site or just plain garbage.

2 minutes of shovel work will finish off what the hot sun didn't take care of.

$15 / hr isn't going to even cover food anymore much less a place to sleep - at least in CA.

I don't see how having a place for trash and waste that is convenient is that complicated.

In my case - it was not an RV full - just more than I wanted to carry inside of my house in buckets.

Not everything in life is convenient. Put the coolaid down and step away from the glass.

Not sure it's topical for this subforum, but I'll chime in before it gets locked and/or moved.

Degenerates are not in short supply in our culture.

Civilization is fragile because it requires universal (or nearly-universal) buy-in. The degenerates could be 1% and they can still wreak havoc.In practice the degenerates are probably 10%. Still pretty low, but enough to fsck things up.

In my experience on public lands in the SW, the trashing is from:

* casual camping/partying locals (weekdenders) who do not plan ahead, leaving trash behind: beer cans, paper plates, diapers, and poop on the ground. They leave enough address-laden litter around to be confident of their origin.
* gun enthusiast locals who leave behind brass, shells, and targets. Drive in, shoot, drive out.
* trash-dumping locals (again, leaving addresses behind) - yes, I have receipts
* stereotypically-homeless folk in vehicles with substantial cognitive, addiction, or psych issues.

The first three can be addressed with education+enforcement in the local area. I agree the damage could be attenuated somewhat (by the actors or later occupants) if dumpsters were available at entrances. I would clean up more if there was a place I could easily dispose of the trash.

The fourth is a wicked problem, getting socially desirable behavior from people with little interest or ability in complying. I don't have any good answers. I suspect "safe parking" programs with hygiene facilities would be cheaper overall and perhaps more humane.

Love the BLM we do not have this over on the East coast and when I go to the West (Colorado) for some nice trail runs I respect the wilderness and the BLM's. In July I'll be back out there in a Van hope to find some good spots that the van is capable of getting too. I will be taking my daughter this time and probably have less time on the trails if she was not with me. Will be a good teaching opportunity to her and to see the beauty of those lands. I just better not see any trashed areas it will really frustrate me.

While hunting, I came across a campsite with a bunch of trash in the fire pit. There a good variety of trash in there, mostly stuff that I would never burn like plastics. The dipwad left incriminating evidence (expired vehicle registration), which we turned into the BLM which worked with the state parks and wildlife. We didn't get the final results but we hope that the person lost their hunting rights and got fined.

Simple concept really, if you have the energy to make the mess, you have the energy to clean it up. To not do so is intentional, and shows your true nature. But then, the poison is spreading like wildfire, we're seeing just the beginning of what's to come.

Last edited:
Back