diy solar

diy solar

Trying to pay AliExpress, but CAN'T!!!

TheGriz

More Power Scottie!!!
Folks...who else is having this problem. I have been trying to buy 4 prismatic cell for the last five days...about $650. AliExpress will not accept my payment! What the heck...they don't want my money? I make other purchases...lower dollar value without issue! Same credit card, same account.

I have tried opening another account. Used three different credit cards. Tried different AE vendors. Used Incognito Browser. Cleared all cookies and browser data. Used two different computers. Talked to my bank...no caps on purchase values or Chinese orders. My bank even stayed on the phone with me as I tried to make payment. Still no success regardless of any of the workarounds tried.

Getting a variety of 'reasons' for failure. "Your order information is incomplete. Error code: CSC_720003 . Make sure you enter the cardholder name and recipient name correctly". Security mumbo jumbo. Submit appeal. And other reasons that I don't recall.

When presented option to submit an appeal, they send me an email asking for JPG images of my picture ID and Credit Card. Nope...I will NOT give them pics of my picture ID nor CC.

PLEASE HELP. Who else is having this problem? Has anyone figured out a solution?!?!?!?

drop the seller a note and have them make sure that they have their "stuff" turned on to allow for foreign transactions .. that has happened to me a couple of times ...

TRUST ME - they want your money !! And they will get this worked out ...Right now its about 0645 so drop them a note in a couple of hours and see what they say ...

drop the seller a note and have them make sure that they have their "stuff" turned on to allow for foreign transactions .. that has happened to me a couple of times ...

TRUST ME - they want your money !! And they will get this worked out ...Right now its about 0645 so drop them a note in a couple of hours and see what they say ...
I wish that did it. I did contact the vendor, and they responded "check your email". I did check my email, and that is where they wanted me to submit pics of my picture ID and Credit Card. Why do they need that????? I will not send that. I have never been requested to that for anything in the past. I will try sending them another email shortly saying I'm not sending requested pics. Lets see what happens.

I wish that did it. I did contact the vendor, and they responded "check your email". I did check my email, and that is where they wanted me to submit pics of my picture ID and Credit Card. Why do they need that????? I will not send that. I have never been requested to that for anything in the past. I will try sending them another email shortly saying I'm not sending requested pics. Lets see what happens.

Do you have a link to the batteries / vendor that you are buying??

Last thread like this people with a Capital One card (visa or mc) had fewer problems. Do you have a Cap 1 card to try?

Here is one vendor:

And here is a second (these have to be Grade B given the price):

Both vendors failed.

First vendor suggested I try to have a friend order for me. So I had my son try from a different location (IP address), account, and credit card. Same issue...SMH.

I have tried Visa and Master Card. Same issues.

No, it’s Capital One, they issue both Visa and MC branded credit cards.

It’s the financial institution that seems to make the difference, not the brand of card.

I had the SAME issue when I was trying g o buy from ali...

I also would not send requested personal info...

Just wait, you will now be getting repeated requests to complete your activation of your ali express account.

OMG GRIZ STOP !!!!

#1 190AH cell = $157 per cell
#2 200AH Cell = $114 per cell
* + S&H seller's method - slow boat or ?

I have bought from below as have many others and most everyone is happy as a clam, there was one or two issues with damage during shipping for a couple of people but that got sorted by vendor promptly. There is my Xuba Thread as well as MNDare's Thread on these as well.... $147 per cell delivered "express". BTW: I used TT Payment to their North American branch bank account and it was fast & secure.

xuba-280x4.JPG

Here is one vendor:

And here is a second (these have to be Grade B given the price):

Both vendors failed.

First vendor suggested I try to have a friend order for me. So I had my son try from a different location (IP address), account, and credit card. Same issue...SMH.

STOP STOP STOP ... Dude you should be able to get 4 x 3.2 200aH delivered for $425 ... seriously ... search the word XUBA or drop @Steve_S a message asking him for XUBA contact info ... youre paying $200 tooo much

UPDATE - nevermind I see @Steve_S jumped in post above ^^^^ ... wow -- Thank goodness your money did NOT go thru ...

Last edited:
FYI ! XUBA is NOW OUT OF STOCK on the EVE 280LFP cells.
The last few left in stock did not meet quality standards. More have been ordered but may take time.

FYI ! XUBA is NOW OUT OF STOCK on the EVE 280LFP cells.
The last few left in stock did not meet quality standards. More have been ordered but may take time.

And if i remember they did NOT have 200aH ever in stock ??? I may be wrong

I know that NIKKIE is still shipping 200aHs cuase I just ordered some last week for 4 for $425 delivered ...

I have tried Visa and Master Card. Same issues.
Do you have a credit card issued by Capital 1 bank? Not just any MC or Visa, but one issued by that bank?
Capital 1 and Alibaba seem to have a system worked out that just works.

BRAKES ON!!! THANK YOU Steve and GhostWriter!!!! Redirected myself to the Alibaba site recommended by Steve...again THANK YOU!!!

Just ordered four of the 280ah cells from xuba (apparently back in stock). They do whack you on shipping though. $330 for cells and $282 for shipping...$582 total. But still cheaper than the 200ah cells I was looking at. MORE POWER, more power...love it! Payment went through without a hitch!!!!!! What a great resource this forum is...great folks!

i did the appeal and loaded a pic of drivers license and CC and it took a few hours and got full approval. Now, everything i do a transaction, my credit card send me a # by txt to my phone and i enter this to alibaba and it works great. perhaps it wasnt a good idea to load the pictures? i dont know but feel well protect by the Credit card company and never had a issue.

I had this problem when I was trying to buy cells from Alibaba. Alibaba kept refusing my payment, and the "appeal" process that required you to upload a picture of your ID and Credit card simply didn't work. I tried it multiple times. The website refused to accept my uploads, even though the images were exactly the size and type that were recommended. It kept saying that it could not accept "scanned images" - which they were not - they were taken with a Nikon digital camera.

I gave up on Alibaba and looked for a vendor on AliExpress. I found one, and although their price was not quite as good as the Alibaba price, it was still pretty good and it included UPS shipping for free. I had trouble making the payment on the first attempt, but that may have been my fault - I may have entered my CC information correctly. I tried again a little later and the payment went through last week. My order shipped yesterday and they've given me a good UPS tracking number.
I felt a lot more comfortable ordering from AliExpress because I've bought from there dozens of times in the past with no problems or surprises. I've even had a product or two replaced for free when it was damaged in shipment. As far as Alibaba is concerned, I feel VERY uneasy ordering from them. I've heard too many horror stories about additional shipping, taxes and duties that *destroys* the deal. You have to look very closely at the import method that the supplier uses in the contract. Don't just take their word for it that all additional fees are included in shipment to your door.

HEADS UP ON SHIPPING FROM CHINA !

In the last week, the logistics has changed very fast. The ordinary Air Frieght and railway transportation channels in all European countries have been suspended. The United States and Canada are normal, but the unit price of freight has risen sharply, and logistics problems frequently occur.
This was passed to me by Amy @ Xuba Electronics and I can verify this has occurred... UPS & Others starting adding extra surcharges at the end of Feb. It started by them trying t add extra destination fees and flagging as "remote or distant" charges and such, they found a way around it. Extra Screening has also kicked and with the COVID issues also slowing stuff up... I expect every vendor will be suffering the same shenanigans.

HEADS UP ON SHIPPING FROM CHINA !

This was passed to me by Amy @ Xuba Electronics and I can verify this has occurred... UPS & Others starting adding extra surcharges at the end of Feb. It started by them trying t add extra destination fees and flagging as "remote or distant" charges and such, they found a way around it. Extra Screening has also kicked and with the COVID issues also slowing stuff up... I expect every vendor will be suffering the same shenanigans.
Yes...agree. I was also apprised of same by Amy at Xuba. She also offered that shipping costs are DOUBLING just from yesterday.

Yes...agree. I was also apprised of same by Amy at Xuba. She also offered that shipping costs are DOUBLING just from yesterday.
I have access to the courier billing / costing systems in Baba (not a customer thing) and yeah, the couriers are playing games and profiteering on this situation using excuses. It will phooker people for sure but I have a feeling the Chinese Government won't tolerate such for long as it hurts all business in China and when they decide to do something about an issue, better do it or else.... They have a legal System and a Justice system but the two rarely see eye to eye and you never want to be on the wrong side of either.

WOW...I am floored by the exceptional customer service so for from Xuba. I asked just a couple ours ago if my cell had shipped. Amy promptly responded and stated that "your order was sent out yesterday" with a few pictures of my four cells...get this with a tag that had my name hand written on it! And as an additional bonus, she sent me a 26 second video showing me the voltage of each cell. I am impressed!!!!

Now the 64,000 dollar question. Here are the voltages of each cell. Being a noob here, is this good or otherwise???

Anxiously waiting your feedback,
Mike

WOW...I am floored by the exceptional customer service so for from Xuba. I asked just a couple ours ago if my cell had shipped. Amy promptly responded and stated that "your order was sent out yesterday" with a few pictures of my four cells...get this with a tag that had my name hand written on it! And as an additional bonus, she sent me a 26 second video showing me the voltage of each cell. I am impressed!!!!

Now the 64,000 dollar question. Here are the voltages of each cell. Being a noob here, is this good or otherwise???

Anxiously waiting your feedback,
Mike
Thank Steve who posted right above your post. He has worked with Amy and got a lot of this stuff in place. The name cards was one of his ideas, IIRC. As for your voltages, they're a little higher than some of ours were. Mine were in the 3.29xxV range.

ETA: there are a couple of big long threads on this whole subject. These will keep you busy reading for a while.....
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/j...-usd-delivered-grade-a-to-canada.3387/page-23

https://diysolarforum.com/threads/x...cells-purchase-review.3850/page-14#post-53827

diy solar

diy solar
Back