diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

Negotiating this curve ball lesson:

A new batch of LifePO4s are in over at Xuba;
I received a good quote I am also questioning:

Got a link to a Sale Order option set up for my "initial payment"
for 8) 3.2v 280 Ah LifePO4s 2 set of 4 total price: $661.36
w Shipping Fee (via sea) : $332.00 ... for $993.00 Total "initial payment"
Insurance: 0 "Trade Assurance" box left un checked.

I need to understand more before proceeding. I do not mind paying more.
I wonder if this is normal procedure? or possibly some new USA hoop jump?

Pitched Sales Order at top says: initial payment amount $993.36
shipping date: 15 days after supplier receives initial payment
messages said sooner/ will look closer

Receipt says: "DDP: You can receive the goods at the destination place, your supplier will do the import customs clearance at the destination port and also afford all the fees including import duty." That is printed on the sales order.

BUT THAT DDP info. CONFLICTS: with nice sales woman stating:
"When you receive the package, you need to pay extra duty tax. For specific duty tax, you need to consult the local customs."
with added: "What I can do is to reduce the declared value as much as possible."

I did cordially ask for an explanation of this conflicting information.

MAYBE this is standard protocol? and will work out fine; but I do have a business background, and I want to understand what I am getting into before I pay with my credit card. Is there some new USA hoop jumps that make it hard for the seller to give a solid quote? ...or is this normal procedure? ... If I have to pay extra duty and/or fees and tax (that might be fine with me); How do I take care of that? Has anyone else ordering these LifePO4s got a bill for the extra tax and duty fees upon delivery, or before delivery via some kind of email records and credit card payment?

Feedback and Guidance Requested: I will share as I learn more. Please share your info or experience, if you can help me and other forum members learn more about how do USA fee get worked out !

I have been talking with Amy for an order of the 280AH cells. The order was ship by sea DDP. When I asked her to confirm that this meant delivered to my door all costs, she replied "You need to pay extra duty tax when you receive the package. The cost of the original Air Frieght (DDP) has risen greatly and its timeliness is very slow." I'm trying to clarify why she mentioned air freight(DDP). On this forum people have been saying DDP ensures you don't have to pay extra duty tax. Did I get this wrong?
I got same conflict info. / and posted about this below./ or above ...

So, UPS of Fedex give you a bill for the extra duty taxes that you somehow pay to them when the battery delivery arrives? I have not yet deal with that .... ???

In my experience, you usually get an advance notice with a bill before they deliver. Here in Finland we pay through a website which calculates the duties, VAT, etc. which you pay before a delivery is made.

If that's the case, it's not DDP. DDP has nothing to do with the means of transport. Either she's mixing terms or it's not DDP.
IIRC, I think Amy may have thrown in a Caveat about unforeseen taxes or duties, on my order, but it arrived true DDP.
I didn't know about the Term DDP, but I asked for a price shipped including all taxes, fees, and duties to my door......
I think it was a CYA on her part.....

One forum member her, in private chat is telling his experience is shipping by sea can be a head ache, and air freight is much better for running through USA customs hoops . I am asking for quotes for both air and sea shipping; and so far only got the sea ship quote. I am also wondering if I can get the "Trade Assurance" box check, so I am a little bit protected by that ??? I needto here more from member in the USA, on West Coast, like for ships going through Oak or San Fran... I am also going to ask for an ar ship quote I did not get. ... Battery deal looks good, but knowns are a concern.

IIRC, I think Amy may have thrown in a Caveat about unforeseen taxes or duties, on my order, but it arrived true DDP.
I didn't know about the Term DDP, but I asked for a price shipped including all taxes, fees, and duties to my door......
I think it was a CYA on her part.....
CYA ??? what that. AND Question: Did you do air frieght? or sea shipping? Are most of these stories about recieving battery, were any of them shipped by sea? I think most were by air (but not sure). ... I got quote for sea shipping when I asked for quote for both. and would rather pay more for the air route.

Last edited:
CYA ??? what that. AND Question: Did you do air frieght? or sea shipping? I got quote for sea shipping when I asked for quote for both. and would rather pay more for the air route.
My order was on 02/28 and the difference to California for Air was $69 which I picked.
CYA as in if everything changed after it left her hands and before it got to mine.
Because the only information she has, is what is current at that point in time.
What if the Tariff doubled during transport?

I think air shipping is the way to go , but the coronavirus has likely really changed options? I am going to ask for a air ship quote. , but today is a month later than your order. Thanks for comparing notes . What is CYA ? I will see if I can look it up. and did your receipt have the "Trade Assurance" box checked? ?? I can understand how the seller may not want to be bound by such agreement protocol at this time of challenge and some unknowns, and just do their best .. and I see good reputations in this forum. While I do mind extra time of see shipping, I am worried about that route. Maybe someone with a sea shipping experience to Oakland or San Fransisco can share how that was for them ??? Any such story Welcome for the Reference Info.

Last edited:
I think air shpping is the way to go , but the coronavirus has changed options. I am going to ask for a air ship quote. , but today is a month later than your order. Thanks for comparing notes . What is CYA ? I will see if I can look it up. and did your receipt have the "Trade Assurance" box checked? ?? I can understand how the seller may not want to be bound by such agreement protocol at this time of challenge and some unknowns.
You have to ask questions in a clear simple manner. If you ask for a Air Ship Quote you might confuse her.
Ask for a Air Freight Quote, or shipped by Air Freight.
Remember you're talking to someone who English is not their native language.

CYA Cover Your Ass..... You're saying the answer is only as good as the information you have at that point in time....

Odd, I just checked mine in a slight panic but I have tracking info.....

• Mar 26 2020
    12:48 am

International item has left originating country and is en route to CanadaCanada Post
    CNCAND, China
  • Mar 25 2020
    10:09 pm

International item processed in originating countryCanada Post
    CNCANA, China
  • Mar 26 2020
    03:03 am

Despatch from Sorting CenterChina EMS (ePacket)
    GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi 51040034
  • Mar 26 2020
    01:06 am

Arrival at Sorting CenterChina EMS (ePacket)
    GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi 51040034
  • Mar 25 2020
    04:14 pm

International item mailed in originating countryCanada Post
    China
  • Mar 25 2020
    07:17 pm

Despatch from Sorting CenterChina EMS (ePacket)
    GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi 51008101
  • Mar 25 2020
    06:14 pm

PostingChina EMS (ePacket)
    GuangDongShengGuangZhouShi 51008101
ran across this post; Now wondering: Is this for a set of LifePO4s ? and from Whom or which Company ??? Did you ship by sea ??? or Air ... Please let us know how this turns out: the date you have during this virus challenge time might call for patience. ..though i could understand anxious. ;+)

Just saw the video with my batteries. I know Amy is having trouble with the Air Freight. I had to chose between paying another $100 (and no longer DDP) Which would have meant waiting for another wire transfer to go through as I never could get the credit card to take.
OR
Ship by sea DDP then apply for a $104 return after the batteries are delivered.
With the Deal we are getting on these batteries buying at low volumes (I ordered 2 sets) I don't mind being flexible. given the time lost getting the payment to take and then she was sold out after I paid things really changed a lot with the shipping/virus issues.
I am just worried by the time they arrive on the ship the rest of the shipping will be all messed up.

With pre-purchase considerations for a 8 x 280Ah set. Requesting Clarification: from koolrayz on post above; I hope you are ok with my asking Re your: " I had to chose between paying another $100 (and no longer DDP)"... /or "Ship by sea DDP then apply for a $104 return after the batteries are delivered. " ... think this is for just 2 batteries. You could get DDP on sea shipping? but not by Air Freight shipping? Did you go for $100 extra on two batteries to get the Air Freight recently? ... to West coast USA?

... Personally, I am wondering hard about the option you mentioned: "Ship by sea DDP then apply for a $104 return after the batteries are delivered." ??? I honestly have no idea what that apply for a $104 return might mean. If you or anyone else could help me better understand your references, I'd appreciate that. I agree these batteries are a Deal; and it may be time to flex right now to get em.

Last edited:
New info. I received 4.1.2020: re my Xuba quote for 8) 3.2v 280 Ah LifePO4s for shipping to California 95470 USA:
Asking for Clarification about Duties Due / and for Air Freight Quote:

1. "you need to pay extra duty tax, "which means that UPS
It is not needed by sea transportation.
2. You choose shipping by sea,so what you will do is waiting,the package will be delivered to your door.
If you want to change to Air Frieght, only UPS,$532
Arrive at the door, arrive within 5-7 working days, excluding tax, and need to pay extra duty tax.

My pre-order Interpretation is (I let you know how it eventual goes:
for 2 set of 4 ( 8 pcs 280 Ah LifePO4s ... total price: $661.36
w Sea Shipping : + $332.00 ... = $993.00 = total cost to door (I think, no extra duties

Asking for Update to my Original Sales Order ... (Before Payment is when the buyer has this option) :

If I go with Sea Shipping. I want my Sale Order titled > "initial payment" >
to be changed to "full payment"

( to match up with the language under order that says):

"DDP: You can receive the goods at the destination place, your supplier will do the import
customs clearance at the destination port and also afford all the fees including import duty."

I am also requesting the "Trade Assurance" box be checked.
I noticed that little box was left unchecked (just a little square to no x mark in it) on first draft of my order.
I see what happens about that request. / glad the seller has good reputation here,
and the virus is a big challenge all over.

I desire a Trade Assurance" sales contract order; and will see what happens.
My intepretations may get further re-adjustments. Appreciate comparing note here !

Will do, I have everything like Will does to do a capacity test once I get them. They are guaranteed to ship within 4 days by Alibaba by air all duties and taxes included delivered to my door in Squamish. This will bring my sailboat up to a massive capacity of 1240 AH/14.88 KWH. Where are you located with your van project?

I'm researching for doing a system for my boat and I don't have many loads but I figured 600ah would be enough for a few days and 800 would be nice and 1000 a dream..... but you're taking it to a whole new level... 1240ah!!! How big is your boat? mono or cat? are you running ACs? Do you live aboard full time? With your solar panels are you not self sufficiantly recharging them on a regular basis? and if so why would you need so much reserve? I am trying to learn nothing else :)

I'm researching for doing a system for my boat and I don't have many loads but I figured 600ah would be enough for a few days and 800 would be nice and 1000 a dream..... but you're taking it to a whole new level... 1240ah!!! How big is your boat? mono or cat? are you running ACs? Do you live aboard full time? With your solar panels are you not self sufficiantly recharging them on a regular basis? and if so why would you need so much reserve? I am trying to learn nothing else :)
Solar is only as good as the worst days. What Ya gonna do with a week or more of little sun?
Pray for the Best, Prepare for the Worst...... If you're an all weather sailor, you're gonna have Fog, Rain or just Overcast Skies.
If you're a Blue Sky Sailor, don't worry about it......

What settings are people using on these XUBA 280's in the Victron BM (i.e. 712) ?

My 20 batteries are in transit by sea.. I have no updates to where they are or when they will arrive. The quote I got was 800 USD more for air. These are also going to California.
If it is anything like my Air Shipment, the tracking won't update/come live, till after they clear Customs.

Will do, I have everything like Will does to do a capacity test once I get them. They are guaranteed to ship within 4 days by Alibaba by air all duties and taxes included delivered to my door in Squamish. This will bring my sailboat up to a massive capacity of 1240 AH/14.88 KWH. Where are you located with your van project?
How is your project turning out? I'm About to order the same cells and would like to get your feedback. Thanks

diy solar

diy solar
Back