diy solar

diy solar

Uses for non-UL Listed panels?

solar_trees

As I've been doing research for a DIY system, it seems like everything I want to do needs to be permitted and requires UL Listed panels. However, most of the consumer oriented panels from vendors like NewPowa, Renogy, BougeRV, etc. are not UL-Listed, so what are people using these for?

I had a self install system passed by my AHJ with non listed panels FWIW.

I had a self install system passed by my AHJ with non listed panels FWIW.
Ok, interesting. Did your AHJ require the other components to be listed? The requirements of my AHJ are somewhat vague, but best I can tell UL listed components are required even for off-grid, but maybe it's up to the discretion of the inspector?

Ok, interesting. Did your AHJ require the other components to be listed? The requirements of my AHJ are somewhat vague, but best I can tell UL listed components are required even for off-grid, but maybe it's up to the discretion of the inspector?

I submitted manufacturers spec sheets on everything and have no idea what he spent time looking at.

There seemed to be more interest in the structural load ratings of the roof racking system in our discussion but during inspection I only answered questions, didn’t ask anything ?.

Back