diy solar

diy solar

USING LEAD ACID SETTINGS ON LIFEPO4

Do you have access to see and modify the BMS settings? Seems all this hub hub is dealing with everything except what you say the problem is. How are you seeing that the BMS is stopping charging? Where are you seeing the BMS SoC?
No i cant figure out what kind of BMS. Yes i was wondering if i can set Voltages slightly higher in BMS. Solis and Battery BMS matching. As i mentioned earlier that BMS shut down charging and Battery Voltages is around 53.1V which is around 80% real SOC. So i am getting 20% less all the time and so on. Changed to Lead Acid last night and battery charged to 54.4V with charging Voltages 58.4V

I would definitely disconnect the battery till you sort the problem... why don’t you check out those YouTube channels ... ask a question in the comments under a solis fault video.. Andy Reynolds is very knowledgeable on inverter faults...
Battery connected since March this year. All working fine just SOC and Voltages 20%lower all the time.

Do you have access to see and modify the BMS settings? Seems all this hub hub is dealing with everything except what you say the problem is. How are you seeing that the BMS is stopping charging? Where are you seeing the BMS
Battery connected since March this year. All working fine just SOC and Voltages 20%lower all the time.
Maybe you have a few rogue cells and the 16 cells need top balancing.

Do they reach eg 3.6v or 3.65v...? Didn’t an earlier comment mention that you may have one cell triggering the bms cutoff ... while the others are still undercharged
Agreed. If you have access to cell voltages when the BMS tells the SCC to stop charging, that would reveal quite a bit. Otherwise, if the voltages all look normal (nothing approaching 3.6V and not a large cell differential) there's not much to diagnose.

Do they reach eg 3.6v or 3.65v...? Didn’t an earlier comment mention that you may have one cell triggering the bms cutoff ... while the others are still undercharged... just trying to help..
Thanks for your input. No with 100% SOC its 53.1V ( 3.318V per cell) its way to low

Any voltage they will be identical
I wonder if the bms has top balancing capabilities...also if you have problems since the Solis software update... maybe there is more than one problem... I see from an earlier post that you charge using the inverter overnight..this is probably not great... you will be fast asleep and not aware of a charging problem... just turn it all off until you find a solution..

I wonder if the bms has top balancing capabilities...also if you have problems since the Solis software update... maybe there is more than one problem... I see from an earlier post that you charge using the inverter overnight..this is probably not great... you will be fast asleep and not aware of a charging problem... just turn it all off until you find

Thanks for your input. No with 100% SOC its 53.1V ( 3.318V per cell) its way to low
If the bms has top balancing.. it won’t even start balancing until higher voltages.. also because of the charging curve of lifepo4, even though all the cells have identical voltages.. they may be at different state of charge...

What going to happen? Battery charges and discharges all good.
Maybe the bms is malfunctioning.. as Seagal said.. in an overcharging situation.... the bms may not stop the charging and then it’s a problem.. you’re tucked up in bed none the wiser..

Maybe the bms is malfunctioning.. as Seagal said.. in an overcharging situation.... the bms may not stop the charging and then it’s a problem.. you’re tucked up in bed none the wiser..
If it was me... I would stop using the system... take the battery apart... test the cells.. see if you have any duds, look at the bms.. get a spare bms of similar spec.. rebuild the battery with the new bms.. see how it performs..obviously I can’t tell you to do that because I’m not qualified and neither are you..

No BMS stop charging when Voltages are 55V ( 3.43V per cell)

Back