diy solar

diy solar

USING LEAD ACID SETTINGS ON LIFEPO4

A 48V (51.2V) LFP battery is at 100% SOC when the cells are at 3.400 Volts [Post Charge & Settled]. That is 54.4V.
It is empty @ 0% SOC @ 3.000 Volts or 48.0V. But can safely be taken down to 2.800Vpc / 44.8V. (many do this)
It is NOT GOOD to Charge LFP above 3.500 (56.0V) on a regular basis !
The ONLY TIME LFP should be charged to 3.650 is for TOP BALANCING "AFTER" Extended storage or right after manufacture when fresh... FACT and outside of Common Wives Tales... Anyone tell you different they are Bloddy Bull Shyters ! PERIOD !

To Original Poster !
Without providing Make & Model with Web Link to the Inverter/Charger people CANNOT REALLY HELP YOU !
This is dragged out terribly due to that lack of information... Learn to ASK a proper question with the required details if you want help.
Telling your car mechanic, "It doesn't run, Fix it." He asks what's wrong, you say, I turn the key and it doesn't go", he'll turf you from the shop !

To Original Poster !
Without providing Make & Model with Web Link to the Inverter/Charger people CANNOT REALLY HELP YOU !
This is dragged out terribly due to that lack of information... Learn to ASK a proper question with the required details if you want help.
Telling your car mechanic, "It doesn't run, Fix it." He asks what's wrong, you say, I turn the key and it doesn't go", he'll turf you from the shop !
Totally agree.

With my "inspector clouseau" hat on, I am deducing from the pictures (as I have two of them) that the inverter is a Solis Hybrid, either RHI or EH1P model. There is not a lot of difference between them apart from their PV input current.

We don't know what kW version the OP has, it could be between 3kW and 6kW. The 3 and 3.6kW versions will charge/discharge battery at max of 62.5A, the 5kW and 6kW version will go to 100A. I suspect as the user-defined screen shows I-MAX_Discharge of 100A, that the OP has the 5kW or 6kW version, not that makes any difference to the parameters or the behaviour to incoming CANBus messages.

A 48V (51.2V) LFP battery is at 100% SOC when the cells are at 3.400 Volts [Post Charge & Settled]. That is 54.4V.
It is empty @ 0% SOC @ 3.000 Volts or 48.0V. But can safely be taken down to 2.800Vpc / 44.8V. (many do this)
It is NOT GOOD to Charge LFP above 3.500 (56.0V) on a regular basis !
The ONLY TIME LFP should be charged to 3.650 is for TOP BALANCING "AFTER" Extended storage or right after manufacture when fresh... FACT and outside of Common Wives Tales... Anyone tell you different they are Bloddy Bull Shyters ! PERIOD !

To Original Poster !
Hi Steve... must admit.. the dragged out threads are very good for learning about stuff.. I get to see stuff about Solis.. which I know nothing about... we all had to start at the beginning when it comes to learning...

People try, but unless your cells are perfect (easier to do now that we have access to such good quality prismatics), you’ll be forever fighting runners, at least in my experience.

Hardly worth going for that last 10 % and stressing about everything shooting up the upper knee, much easier to just go for 3.45 and have done
Indeed! My battery resting at 55.3 Volts after full charge. Its exactly 3.45V per cell.

Totally agree.

With my "inspector clouseau" hat on, I am deducing from the pictures (as I have two of them) that the inverter is a Solis Hybrid, either RHI or EH1P model. There is not a lot of difference between them apart from their PV input current.

We don't know what kW version the OP has, it could be between 3kW and 6kW. The 3 and 3.6kW versions will charge/discharge battery at max of 62.5A, the 5kW and 6kW version will go to 100A. I suspect as the user-defined screen shows I-MAX_Discharge of 100A, that the OP has the 5kW or 6kW version, not that makes any difference to the parameters or the behaviour to incoming CANBus messages.
4.2KWP array. Discharge at 100A and Charge set to 50A

Back