diy solar

diy solar

Viewing Sol-Ark 15k IP address

shazam

Curiosity question.... I'm in the process of installing a SA15k. I will be assigning it a static IP addy on my home network and limiting it to inside my network only. What's gonna come up if I open it in a browser? Is there browser-based config software or just the SA apps?

Thanks!
Jim

Only app I know of to connect to the inverter is Powerview, but that connects to "their" server. SA is the only other way.
Sol-Ark can't service your inverter without being connected.

Open up solar assistant in a browser and enter the internal IP address of the Solark. You'll need either your Solar Assistant account info for external access to the raspberry Pi or you can enter the IP address of the Pi to get to solar assistant internally.

What I'm hoping to do is something similar to what I've gone with my security cameras. The streams from my cams can't leave the property (restricted by router), but I can come in and look at them over my VPN from anywhere. I agree that SAsst would probably do that for me.

If Sol-Ark has reason to service the router, I can open it up to them then. My bud's been running his w/ no internet connection for 8 months.

Thanks!
Jim

Open up solar assistant in a browser and enter the internal IP address of the Solark. You'll need either your Solar Assistant account info for external access to the raspberry Pi or you can enter the IP address of the Pi to get to solar assistant internally.
Solar Assistant is the way to go. It connects to the RS485 port of the Sol-Ark and polls for the current data.

Curiosity question.... I'm in the process of installing a SA15k. I will be assigning it a static IP addy on my home network and limiting it to inside my network only. What's gonna come up if I open it in a browser? Is there browser-based config software or just the SA apps?

Thanks!
Jim
It does have a web page that you can upload new OS if you have it but sol-ark won’t give it to you so it’s a pretty useless page.
Shows Serial#, Key, WLAN info.

You can set static VS DHCP in there also..

Back