diy solar

diy solar

What is goblepower saying about the Grade A and A- eve cells? Is this total BS?

zedconnor

I am referring to this article.(i put link since its too long to fit here. I did ss it but image file too big to upload here as well)

They are mainly talking about grade A- cells being only able to charge to 54.4 and grade A cells can reach 57v.

But isnt it total BS? I mean isnt lfp already fully charged at 54.4V?
I am sorry if any gbp agent in here but i find that article total BS.

Any experts can chime in? We would love to know so we can make better decisions when buying cells and avoid being mis-informed.

Total B.S. You can order legit matched cells and still end up imbalanced at peak voltage.

These have to ship at < 30% SoC, and it's not uncommon for them to sit 90+ days losing charge. My matched grade A 280Ah EVE cells from Amy all tested > 300Ah and all arrived at 31.5-33% SoC. That 1.5% deviation in SoC is WAY more than enough to trigger imbalance without a top balance first.

Grade B cells can easily charge to 3.65 v and even maintain this 3.55v range for quite a long time. So no you can charge them up, as for Gobel, well Gobel Power is the KING of BS when it comes to cells and grades, they make up all these terms like LSEV, HSEV, Blah Blah EV. Crap. Reading Gobels nonsense will give you a headache.

I honestly think the only reason they exist is to try to conn people into buying there cells without valid QR codes by making it seem they are just as good, probably because they make more money on the grade B cells. The one thing they have is that they don't lie about the scratched off qr codes so that alone puts them head and shoulders above all the other alibaba sellers. Also the cell decoder thing is nice but do not fall for there marketing traps.

Damn I thought they're legit as ive seen some people recommending them here in the forum.
I am a diy builder and reseller in SEA. It is getting way too hard to find the right cell seller from Alibaba.

I did not bothering reading the article since everyone says it’s BS info but all packs should be charged to 54.5V maximum.
The problem I have found with lower cost battery packs is that they will sometimes not balance properly at 54.5V and require 56V or more to become properly balanced. I am not sure if it the cell quality but in my case it’s a single EG4LL pack with a passive balancer vs my 6 x Fortress eFlex batteries which have active balancing. The eFlexs have always charge properly with 54.5V

Every cell vendor is trying something like this: competition is fierce, cells are dropping in prices, shipping causes issues, etc. Anything to get an edge on the competition. That's also why all those DIY boxes pop up everywhere.

all packs should be charged to 54.5V maximum

Depends on the application. If you have time to wait until the current tapers off, sure. Otherwise, there is no issue charging to 57V and be done.
However 3.4V is barely in the knee, and at low C rates even just outside the knee, so any balancing there can give the wrong impression. Take them to 3.5V and see if they're still as balanced as they look at 3.4V.

Damn I thought they're legit as ive seen some people recommending them here in the forum.
I am a diy builder and reseller in SEA. It is getting way too hard to find the right cell seller from Alibaba.
I bought BatteroTech 280ah from Gobel and all seems good after initial balancing (which was very quick since I have 10A NEEY/ENERKEY active balancer)
Then I also bought EVE LF280K V3 from Seplos Dongguang.......

Full tank charging to 56V for both packs and ensure cell voltage deviation is less than 0.03v. Assuming if my both JK Inverter BMS coulomb counters are accurate, after 280ah fully depleted indicated by the BMS, both pack individual cell voltages are around 3.05 - 3.10v. Should still have some extra/minor juice left in both packs. Note that I do not use closed loop communication due to certain issues. (SOC 100% stopped charging problem)

Currently waiting for MB30 cells from Shenzen Qishou Technology.

Every cell vendor is trying something like this: competition is fierce, cells are dropping in prices, shipping causes issues, etc. Anything to get an edge on the competition. That's also why all those DIY boxes pop up everywhere.

Depends on the application. If you have time to wait until the current tapers off, sure. Otherwise, there is no issue charging to 57V and be done.
However 3.4V is barely in the knee, and at low C rates even just outside the knee, so any balancing there can give the wrong impression. Take them to 3.5V and see if they're still as balanced as they look at 3.4V.
Completely Disagree but I am not going to argue about it. We will see how this 57V charging idea pans out in the years to come.

Completely Disagree but I am not going to argue about it. We will see how this 57V charging idea pans out in the years to come.
57V can work if the Inverter supports TailCurrent/EndCurrent settings.
If it doesnt and charges until 0A, then I would stay below 3.5Vpc for charging.

diy solar

diy solar
Back