diy solar

diy solar

What is the current situation with shipping prices China to USA

Getyourbone

Hard to offend but hard to bend...
Anybody have any insight into whether the subsidies that allow for ridiculously cheap shipping from China to the US is going to end.

I believe prices were supposed to go up significantly starting in October?

The US postal service has decided to stop covering the extra cost is my basic understanding of it.

Reactions: rkw
Anybody have any insight into whether the subsidies that allow for ridiculously cheap shipping from China to the US is going to end.

I believe prices were supposed to go up significantly starting in October?

The US postal service has decided to stop covering the extra cost is my basic understanding of it.

Didn't realize about shipping subsidy....I've been pondering the whole idea that pretty much every "raw" cells i find is made in China. We are kinda dependent on China made LiFePO4 cells aren't we?

It's a long standing international agreement. Postal services around the world charge their domestic customers enough when they send things to cover the costs of delivering items coming in from other countries.

I just tried to find anything current regarding the subject of shipping costs from china but only found articles from 2018. Not sure if shipping can be and is going to be tariffed, (did you notice that even with all the new tariff money flowing out of our pockets and into gubments hands, that the amount of national debt that we the people owe to the gubment, is still on the increase), anyways, I digress and nobody seems to care anyway.

Plenty of us care... the politicians do not.... Anyway this is a Solar forum so....

Plenty of us care... the politicians do not.... Anyway this is a Solar forum so....
I care too .. as a solar community heavily reliant upon the Pacific rim to produce most of not all of the technology that we use and discuss in this solar forum, I wonder if it would be worth our whiles to use our collective clout to voice our objections with various governMental trade
commissions, that is if a dramatic increase in shipping costs, (tariffs are already hitting hard), should materialize?

Something new I saw during an order from Aliexpress this morning was the addition of sales tax on my order. I read recently that starting Oct1st in Arizona all internet sales will be taxed at 10% no matter where it originates.(even from Asia)
before that only purchases made that originated within the state were required to add sales tax. Out of state purchases the sales tax was not added. Buyer to report them at yearly tax time. ?
10% seems a little high

Last edited:
Back