diy solar

diy solar

Which inverter brand and model has WiFi reporting ?

Externet

Good day.
I may be building a small house soon and would like to implement a solar hybrid inverter that can input a string of panels or batteries to output about 3500W split phase 60Hz.
I want the unit to report to my computer or smart phone the real time and accumulated performance DIRECTLY (the inverter to my computer) with no internet connection nor any manufacturer server registration nor control.
What is in the market ?

Good day.
I may be building a small house soon and would like to implement a solar hybrid inverter that can input a string of panels or batteries to output about 3500W split phase 60Hz.
I want the unit to report to my computer or smart phone the real time and accumulated performance DIRECTLY (the inverter to my computer) with no internet connection nor any manufacturer server registration nor control.
What is in the market ?
Is there a large or small budget... Lol. So many options

Is there a large or small budget... Lol. So many options
Thanks. Under $1K. The 'so many options' part I do not understand. Are they abundant in the market ? Examples please ?

I do not want a chinese inverter manufacturer conditioning the intrusion into my compfuser for the system to show me reports and work properly and pushing me to have mandatory networked WiFi... If their firmware is goofy and needs updates periodically, I can do inserting a USB stick when I want; not when they want.

Find an inverter supported by Solar Assistant. Never look back.
Thanks. The 'Solar assistant' website shows Growatt a not banned inverter.
Is anyone using that application for a Growatt instead of the manufacturer server ?

Pasted from the Solar Assistant website :
================================================

Step 2 - Is it listed as NOT supported?​

These inverters are not supported:

• ABB
  • APEX/MLT
  • Atess
  • Fronius
  • Epever (Expected late 2023)
  • Renology
  • Schneider
  • Sofar
  • Solar edge
  • Solax
  • Solis (Expected mid 2023)
  • Victron
AND:

What is SolarAssistant?​

SolarAssistant is software used to monitor and control your solar system. It is designed to run on a Raspberry Pi that is plugged into the solar inverter and optionally a battery BMS. The idea is that you leave the PI running permanently. The application can be accessed from a web browser or the Android/iPhone app via local network or the internet.
==============================================

That is exactly what I do not want.

Last edited:
Thanks. The 'Solar assistant' website shows Growatt a not banned inverter.
Is anyone using that application for a Growatt instead of the manufacturer server ?

Pasted from the Solar Assistant website :
================================================

Step 2 - Is it listed as NOT supported?​

These inverters are not supported:

• ABB
  • APEX/MLT
  • Atess
  • Fronius
  • Epever (Expected late 2023)
  • Renology
  • Schneider
  • Sofar
  • Solar edge
  • Solax
  • Solis (Expected mid 2023)
  • Victron
AND:

What is SolarAssistant?​

SolarAssistant is software used to monitor and control your solar system. It is designed to run on a Raspberry Pi that is plugged into the solar inverter and optionally a battery BMS. The idea is that you leave the PI running permanently. The application can be accessed from a web browser or the Android/iPhone app via local network or the internet.
==============================================

That is exactly what I do not want.
I have been running for months with zero access to the internet. I don't even have an internet connection at my house... It's connected to a router via Wi-Fi, from there I connect through an old windows laptop or a cheap android tablet.
You don't even have to setup Wi-Fi, you can use the bluetooth on the pi.
You do have to let it on the interwebs 1 time to activate the license, this is understandable otherwise there would be pirated copies all over the web.
I tried using the watchpower app, it's a joke imo.
Sorry for the misguided and bad advice and good luck in your search.
Good day.
What is in the market ?

Back