diy solar

diy solar

Who Knew you can cut solar panels?

Makes me not want to admit their 6048 has been running my house for 3 weeks with no issues (besides lights flickering when the washer agitates) .

Yea, various brands and types. I added a capacitor to the AC out but it didn't help.
I ask because I was having the same problem and it was driving me crazy, but I just found a LED bulb that does not flicker so now I know it is the lights not the inverter.

I ask because I was having the same problem and it was driving me crazy, but I just found a LED bulb that does not flicker so now I know it is the lights not the inverter.
Please share the bulbs you found.
I still think it's the inverter... Lights never flickered on utility, I'm guessing there is a voltage drop and/or frequency change when the washer agitates. I don't have any way to verify this, I can't pick anything drastic up with my meter but it may not sample fast enough.

Please share the bulbs you found.
I still think it's the inverter... Lights never flickered on utility, I'm guessing there is a voltage drop and/or frequency change when the washer agitates. I don't have any way to verify this, I can't pick anything drastic up with my meter but it may not sample fast enough.
@420hmsPA
Sure I am not sure you will find them as they a Portuguese brand but:
FLORIDA REF 544271065
Bottom of page 90
https://j-florido.pt/loja/img/cms/Catálogo Digital FLORIDA.pdf
But I think it has to do with the quality of the capacitor inside the bulb so might be worth trying a verity of more expensive ones.
Hope this helps, have a great day.

We're not supposed to cut the panels? Maybe that's my problem..

I have Phillips & EcoSmart Bulbs and no issues with flicker but the cheapo's from Walmart flicker... But I got the wally mart ones for $1 ea on sale, so got what I paid for eh... They do work fine for things like Trouble Lights etc and temps do not seem to have any effect. Man I always hated a hot bulb under a car, one drip and Blue Air rises ;-).

But I think it has to do with the quality of the capacitor inside the bulb
yes! bulbs with smaller capacitors to buffer AC power will dim more easily.

grid usually does not droop voltage that much in some areas. but an inverter will likely droop more on big loads, revealing the bulbs with small energy buffers.

or at least this is my theory ?

yes! bulbs with smaller capacitors to buffer AC power will dim more easily.

grid usually does not droop voltage that much in some areas. but an inverter will likely droop more on big loads, revealing the bulbs with small energy buffers.

or at least this is my theory ?
Makes sense to me. I think the problem with installing a capacitor on the ac side is that anything in the system can access it. I think upsizing the capacitor post-rectifier would fix it, but thats internal and not practical on screw in bulbs. Probably easy enough on integrated led ‘fixtures’. FWIW none of my led ‘fixtures’ flicker, and all my screw in bulbs do.

Back