diy solar

diy solar

Why EVE Energy's Sale Person this aggressive?

zedconnor

I am a small reseller/retailer. All I asked for a quotation about a bunch of battery cells.
I sent reply to his mail yesterday. Since he didnt reply the email in this morning I asked another person to see if he's online.
Out of everyone I contacted on Alibaba, this person is the most aggressive.
Is there anyway to complain to EVE about this type of behavior?
It seems they condescend on smaller buyers and want to be polite to big buyers only. That is not really acceptable from my perspective.Screenshot_20230307_115804_Alibabacom.jpg

Last edited:
I have spoken to him before (2.5 years ago) and he was helpful and I didn't have any issues.

On a related note, I understand EVE only ship orders in multiples of 40 cells now. Something to be aware of.

I think the guys at EVE are so full of themselves now. I am going to take my business elsewhere. From what I learned in this forum, these guys seem to be shady with their 280K product too. Too bad such a big company is behaving this way.

FWIW: Pretty much everyone I've reached out to on Alibaba to get a quote from blows up my inbox asking for an order for weeks or longer. Doesn't matter if it's drill bits, batteries or pumps.

I guess I'll be the odd person out and say it looks more like OP was the dick in that interaction. Like dude, learn how to interact with people, you can't complain about people then keep complaining to their face, that's not going to help you get anywhere, lol.

I guess I'll be the odd person out and say it looks more like OP was the dick in that interaction. Like dude, learn how to interact with people, you can't complain about people then keep complaining to their face, that's not going to help you get anywhere, lol.
So you're okay with a sale person condescending your request using words like "Your order is so small" and rowdy tones like "what do you want"?

Mind you I was being as polite as I could before this conversation. I have been dealing with other suppliers, like EiTai and Docan and they are very very good compared to this guy.

So you're okay with a sale person condescending your request using words like "Your order is so small" and rowdy tones like "what do you want"?
LOL yeah dude, I am and I think you're being ridiculous. You're reading a lot into some fairly mild language from a non-english speaker.

One thing I know for sure - you won't get good service from that guy after complaining about him, he thinks you're a complainer now, ain't no-one got time for that.

Mind you I was being as polite as I could before this conversation. I have been dealing with other suppliers, like EiTai and Docan and they are very very good compared to this guy.
Karen

Jumping to conclusions seems to be the favorite subject of some people here. I'll just let it slide. No time to argue anymore.

Jumping to conclusions seems to be the favorite subject of some people here. I'll just let it slide. No time to argue anymore.
LOL, "jumping to conclusions" when you posted your exact conversation...amazing. You got some problems dude, it may be a good time for some self-reflection.

LOL, "jumping to conclusions" when you posted your exact conversation...amazing. You got some problems dude, it may be a good time for some self-reflection.
Having spent 14 or so years in east Asia, they guy was being a dick. Yes, it’s typical of mainland Chinese. But that doesn’t excuse them. They know. They often don’t GAF.

Having spent 14 or so years in east Asia, they guy was being a dick. Yes, it’s typical of mainland Chinese. But that doesn’t excuse them. They know. They often don’t GAF.
Yeah, he was a dick because OP asked for a quote and then started complaining about him to his co-workers when he hadn't even replied yet (just one day later...busy sales people may have a lot on their plate, maybe they dont get to your email *instantly*).

OP is the real dick for having unrealistic expectations on the response time for a quote, then immediately complaining when those expectations weren't met.

I think it pays to reflect on the variations in cultural norms which can apply when you‘re contacting people from other parts of the world. Hong Kong, in particular, it seems to me has a culture which can take outsiders by surprise (I’m not saying the salesperson mentioned in this thread is based in HK, because I don’t know that).

Always worth giving the benefit of the doubt before assuming people are being deliberately snippy with you.

Yeah, he was a dick because OP asked for a quote and then started complaining about him to his co-workers when he hadn't even replied yet (just one day later...busy sales people may have a lot on their plate, maybe they dont get to your email *instantly*).

OP is the real dick for having unrealistic expectations on the response time for a quote, then immediately complaining when those expectations weren't met.
We were talking in Alibaba which is Instant Messaging when he said "It is late time in China so contact me via email" so I complied and sent him email. This was not in the picture above. Next morning I checked, there is no reply. So I went around and asked his colleagues whether he is available and that he hasnt replied to my email yet. It is as simple as that. I didn't exactly "complain" to his colleagues.

If you're really going to lick some chinese man's balls. Idk. I am all for customer service. He can be polite no matter what. It doesn't cost him anything. (Do not tell me about time. I am also investing a big amount of time.)

Exactly ZERO other people on Alibaba has responded me in a similar manner like him. Everyone is/was polite. Even potential scammy people. So idk why you're defending some random sales dude.

Wow, jumping right to insults - the sign of a lost argument. Keep going dude, keep going.

It is a shame you can't read your own posts with some objectivity so you can see how absurd you sound.

I am very clear with my intentions and what I want. That was an intentional insult. Now that you feel how I felt, tell me how was it dude?

Imagine you are from a poor third world country, trying to buy a handful of legitimate battery cells from a seemingly reputable company, and then you get treated like shit by the salesman just because he thinks your order is so small and that you matter so little. Call it a poor man's anger or something. Idk.

Back