diy solar

diy solar

Would you do Eg4 or something different?

?Agreed. $250 that can go towards my 280ah cells.
I'm going to chime in with Tim and Gavin and say go with the LifePower4. Full disclosure - that's what all 12 of mine are and I have no experience with the one with the screen but I just couldn't see the extra cash for it. I think there is something else different but I don't recall exactly, other than it wasn't enough to persuade me to spend the extra money. SInce you're getting only one, I'd be even more inclined to go that route.

I'm going to chime in with Tim and Gavin and say go with the LifePower4. Full disclosure - that's what all 12 of mine are and I have no experience with the one with the screen but I just couldn't see the extra cash for it. I think there is something else different but I don't recall exactly, other than it wasn't enough to persuade me to spend the extra money. SInce you're getting only one, I'd be even more inclined to go that route.
A longer warranty is the other thing they offer.

As a fellow frugal guy, I would agree, 10 years guarantee, as well as our investment in long-term support, should there be an issue is just needed sometimes for people who are having less fun doing this than we are.

No communications for me. I prefer to use my own settings. I did use communications at first. Because I didn't know anything about LFP batteries. So I played it safe, until I gained the knowledge.
Almost every time someone has an issue with charging. It's due to BMS communications. And removing the communications usually fixes their issues.
Closed communication is overrated and has become largely a marketing scam.

I still question installing a bunch of 100Ah vs say 200+ Ah. Other than the weight issue I cannot see any advantages only disadvantages i.e. wire cost, buss costs, racking costs, physical space requirements, etc. it appears to me that (I could be wrong) that in my situation I’d need 19 100Ah vs the 8 230 Ah I have. So that’s 10 times the potential problems and failure points.

Yes I like the server racks although I think I could find server racks that would accommodate my pack if I looked hard enough. But hey as always there are 50 ways to skin that cat.

Very impressive rack/cabinet. I prefer to hide them and then surprise my guests. What kind of cabinet is that? Dimensions if you have them.

Your system looks fine, neat and organized. I hate systems with wires running every which way and crossing over each other by the inverters. Only thing I'd do with your battery rack is add a divider in the middle fastened to the shelving and fasten the sides of your batteries to the divider and rack and the BMS's in the middle are protected. This way the batteries can't slide out. I'd remove any combustibles like the papers and shipping box.

I prefer fastening to the floor, that way no mishaps can occur where someone like a child could be crushed if the rack tipped over. Kids like to climb things, better safe than sorry. My children are all grownup as are nieces and nephews but I do have a grandchild on the way so I keep an eye out for possible mishaps down the road.

Your system looks fine, neat and organized. I hate systems with wires running every which way and crossing over each other by the inverters. Only thing I'd do with your battery rack is add a divider in the middle fastened to the shelving and fasten the sides of your batteries to the divider and rack and the BMS's in the middle are protected. This way the batteries can't slide out. I'd remove any combustibles like the papers and shipping box.

I prefer fastening to the floor, that way no mishaps can occur where someone like a child could be crushed if the rack tipped over. Kids like to climb things, better safe than sorry. My children are all grownup as are nieces and nephews but I do have a grandchild on the way so I keep an eye out for possible mishaps down the road.
Yes good points. I do have the shelving unit anchored to the concrete wall. But the batteries probably should be secured also.

Reactions: Zwy
So, finally signed up for the forum a few days agos after lurking for a while.

I made it through 35 pages of this one thread. Read through a whole bunch of other threads.

Did the OP go with the EG4 6500's?

So, finally signed up for the forum a few days agos after lurking for a while.

I made it through 35 pages of this one thread. Read through a whole bunch of other threads.

Did the OP go with the EG4 6500's?
Welcome to the forum!

I think he went with the 6500s, yes, but now I'm not sure. Hey @ADK Homer! We haven't heard from you in a while. How's your project going?

I hope his wife didn't whack him over the head with a skillet when those panels showed up ...

diy solar

diy solar
Back