diy solar

diy solar

Xiaoxiang App discussion-questions

Baughb

I got a Lifepo4 battery whose BMS can be accessed through the Xiaoxiang app. It is not on an Overkill BMS but the BMS that the battery manufacturer has in their batteries.
I immediately noticed that the Android app and the Apple app display slightly different parameters but are very similar.
Primarily, neither have anywhere near the amount information the is shown on Will's review of the Overkill BMS using this app.
I hear talk of the "pro" app but have not found it...yet.
Can I assume that the different BMSs share different information with the app?

The battery is a reBel 100ah and Aric has good videos and has been very responsive. He also warned that there are parameters that could cause problems should they be adjusted improperly for an owners usage. I have not contacted him yet today.

So, I'm still looking for the "Pro" version of the App and curious as to which parameters, if changed from the stock settings can improve or endanger performance.

Thanks,
Bob

I'm aware of several versions (Android) of the app, but I'm not aware of a "Pro" version. Without me going and searching for Will's video, I'm not sure what you are looking for.

I'm looking for additional information available on the app. The versions that I have do not supply as much information as I believe that it can. And ideas on how to set the BMS optimally for various usages. I like to know what it is doing.

Well, I guess I still don't know what you are looking for. Maybe someone else can chime in.

The version I am using (3.1.1026) has pretty much everything I could want to see. It has the pack voltage, cell voltage, temperature(s), number of cycles, counts of 11 different faults that the BMS can react to, and pages of settings - 59 of them I believe.

None of the versions I've tried are particularly stable. I sometimes have to try several times to get a connection, even standing right next to the BMS. It also has crashed several times, but that isn't frequent. I've heard the iOS version is more stable, but I have no experience with that.

I am running version 1.2.21 (20-Nov-2020) on an Iphone. I paid the $6 to be able to do the Config changes. It works well on BMS from Overkill and a similar BMS from Battery Hookup. I have 3 such BMSs and no problems.....MANY settings.

Yeah .... on the Iphone if you go into the config section it should prompt you to buy the Pro version.

I've got a glitch with mine where it tries to get me to buy the pro version every time I go to config even though I already did .... I have to tell it to restore purchase and then get out and into config again .... Haven't been able to figure out why it does that.

I am using the iOS Pro version app on my iPad but when accessing the BMS from my iPhone it prompts me to buy the Pro version. So it appears that one has to buy the Pro version for each device that you are going to access the BMS with. Also , I have not had any issues with the iOS version at all - connects instantly , although the range is limited to about 5- 7m.

I am using the iOS Pro version app on my iPad but when accessing the BMS from my iPhone it prompts me to buy the Pro version. So it appears that one has to buy the Pro version for each device that you are going to access the BMS with. Also , I have not had any issues with the iOS version at all - connects instantly , although the range is limited to about 5- 7m.
Well, that's one thing about the Android version with the Overkill BMS (or I'm assuming, with whatever BMS uses the same little BT dongle): The range is incredible. I am currently about 40 ft from the BMS, with one floor, 3-4 walls and a concrete wall between us, but I'm connected and can see what is going on with my cells. I don't know how they do that with LE Bluetooth.

I managed to get increased BT range by swapping out the older BT ( one with the short wire antenna ) dongle with the newer version without the antenna. Range now about 10 - 15m depending on topography.

I ended up getting a Victron shunt as the App would tell me that the battery's SOC was at a low percentage and then while solar charging, miraculously was 100% in just an hour or so. I like accuracy as much as is available.

So today the app showed 36ah consumed overnight with my cfx50 fridge but, the victron shunt showed only 10ah consumed. Trusting the victron.

Update: at 73% soc according to the app, I watched it jump to 100% in a flash. Glad to have the shunt.

Last edited:
Voltage, current and temperature all need to be calibrated or at least checked for accuracy during the initial setup of the BMS. Maybe that wasn't done for you by the battery seller. You have the Victron now but it still might be nice to have the convenience of the app on your phone so it's worth looking into doing the calibration now. It's easy to do with the Windows PC program but you need highly accurate equipment if you want accurate results.

Well, I guess I still don't know what you are looking for. Maybe someone else can chime in.

The version I am using (3.1.1026) has pretty much everything I could want to see. It has the pack voltage, cell voltage, temperature(s), number of cycles, counts of 11 different faults that the BMS can react to, and pages of settings - 59 of them I believe.

None of the versions I've tried are particularly stable. I sometimes have to try several times to get a connection, even standing right next to the BMS. It also has crashed several times, but that isn't frequent. I've heard the iOS version is more stable, but I have no experience with that.
There are two versions of 3.1.1026 out there. Maybe try the most current build.
3.1.1026 (build 5) Build date: 2021-06-05
3.1.1026 (build 4) Build date: 2020-12-07
Both are named xiaoxiang 3.1.1026.27.apk. The newer one has a slightly bigger file size.

There are two versions of 3.1.1026 out there. Maybe try the most current build.
3.1.1026 (build 5) Build date: 2021-06-05
3.1.1026 (build 4) Build date: 2020-12-07
Both are named xiaoxiang 3.1.1026.27.apk. The newer one has a slightly bigger file size.
Where on earth do you find this latest version? I have an Android and 3.1.1026 and all I get are crashes or non-starts all the time. I can't see where the build version is mentioned.

Thank you!

Clint

I got it here: https://www.pgyer.com/Bzt1
There used to be a link to that site on Jiabaida's website.

3.1.1026 (build 5) 2021-06-05
3.1.1026 (build 4) 2020-12-07
3.1.1021 (build 3) 2020-08-21
3.1.1020 (build 2) 2020-08-17
3.1.1015 (build 1) 2020-02-17

Rather than install it over my working build 4, does anyone know what has changed in build 5? Build 4 has a few issues, but I've gotten used to it. Unless build 5 does something better and doesn't introduce more issues, I'd rather stay with the devil I know.

Has anyone tried 3.1.1026 build 5?

Hi, I have the JDB and QUCC bms and I'm monitoring my pack through the Xiaoxiang app. One of the cell voltages that it shows is always wrong. I checked the wiring, changed the boards but it always shows a wrong reading for Cell-1. Any thoughts to why it might be?

Have you independently checked that cell with a meter of known quality?

Have you independently checked that cell with a meter of known quality?
Yes, I did. That works just fine. The multimeter shows 3.7V but the bluetooth app shows 0.14V.
I also tried switching the boards, and it has same problem for both the boards.

Back