diy solar

diy solar

16s2p 280ah configuration help please.

DEEP WOODS WARNERS

I live off grid and iv been building and adding onto my battery bank. I currently have 32 280ah keheng batteries.
I'm wanting to run 4 banks of 32 batteries ran in a 16s2p configuration totaling 128 batteries and 48v nominal voltage. I'm using a 16s 48v bms per battery pack.
Can anyone help me out with a 16s2p configuration diagram that's simple and effective?

Last edited:
I suggest 250 amp BMS if you use Daly
Is the 250 amp a higher build quality or just supports higher current? I'm planning on building a 16S 3P setup so I think I should have approximately 450 amps of advertised capacity. As long as none of the packs become disconnected. Unfortunately I already ordered the BMS so I might have to roll the dice on this.

I have a 16s 2P battery setup 2-16cell packs of 260 ah with a Daly 250 amp BMS on each parallel pack, I am a novice at solar power so learning as I go so there are others can help with technical information but will tell you both the 250 bms work perfect keeping cells balanced, I was going to order 150 amp bms but was advised by others on this forum to increase to 250 amp minimum and I now glad I did after looking at wire size on the bms. I have 2 mpp solar lv6548 and they run great but still learning and changing settings all the time to achieve best results for my setup

I have a 16s 2P battery setup 2-16cell packs of 260 ah with a Daly 250 amp BMS on each parallel pack, I am a novice at solar power so learning as I go so there are others can help with technical information but will tell you both the 250 bms work perfect keeping cells balanced, I was going to order 150 amp bms but was advised by others on this forum to increase to 250 amp minimum and I now glad I did after looking at wire size on the bms. I have 2 mpp solar lv6548 and they run great but still learning and changing settings all the time to achieve best results for my setup
Thank you for the reply. Guess I should have gone with the 250. I'll post back if my 150 blows up.

HI there, I’m also building a 48V LiFePo4 battery bank like Deep Wood Warners and I’M wondering witch setup I should go with between 16S2P with two BMS (one for each 16S string) or 2P16S with one BMS. What are the pros and cons ? Do cells in parallel will be well taken care by the BMS in the 2P16S config ? Any advise for me ?

Any advise for me ?
I'd start a new thread with your questions. These are good questions and you can have your own full build thread without trampling on this thread (though it has been dormant... buts its someone else's thread).

You can always post links to relevant posts in this thread if you see that as helpful.

I'm not trying to push you away from here, its just FAR better for you to have your own distinct work area.

Back