diy solar

diy solar

320ah Cells Ordered.

Will I get what I paid for?

• Total voters
My two cents. I saw an ad on Craigslist for three solar lighting trailers for $200. I emailed him asking if it was $200 apiece or $200 for all. He responded $200 for all. They were in Ga. I'm in Fl. I'm thinking yea right, this has got to be a scam or he's gonna try to rob me. (Bad idea) they were in a somewhat remote location. Too good to be true I'm thinking. But I told him I would take them pending visual inspection. He responded that if they would fit in the dumpster they would already be there and that he wants them gone. So, I go up to look. I arrive at 60 acres he is turning into a wedding venue. I see money everywhere. Timber framed gazabos with stained glass. Freshly dug ponds. Groomsman airstream trailer with full bar, pool tables and a shooting range right out the door. (What could go wrong :) Heavy equipment operating everywhere. Out buildings and cabins under construction everywhere. Lots going on. He is balls to the wall trying to get this thing going. When I asked him what's up, he said he was using them to light the jobsites but the city ran power to the location and he no longer needed them. He paid $2000 apiece for them at auction. He was so swamped with what he had going on that I was doing him a favor getting them out of his way I guess. Anyway I happily took them and they were FREE! He didn't even ask for the $200. I had to make a couple of trips and he was not there for the last visits. All my buddies yelled scam when I headed up to Ga. But I was willing to take the chance. I got there, and brought them home. I stripped the panels, controllers, battery cables and usable batteries and sold the rest to the junkyard for $350 after giving a buddy 1 trailer for his farm and the mast off one to a fellow ham for a extendable mast along with 4 6 volt batteries (weight, that cost me). That alone was another 2000 lbs @.10lB (We haggeled, he paid .12 for batteries and .o8 for scrap so we agreed at .10lB.

Bottom line............You will NEVER win the lottery if you do not play! You prolly won't win even if you do but I can guarantee that you 100% won't if you don't take the chance.

Deals that seem to good to be true DO exist! They are pretty damn rare though. :)

Hats off to the OP for giving it a shot. He thinks like I do. Fortuna Audentes Juvat

Last edited:
My two cents. I saw an ad on Craigslist for three solar lighting trailers for $200. I emailed him asking if it was $200 apiece or $200 for all. He responded $200 for all. They were in Ga. I'm in Fl. I'm thinking yea right, this has got to be a scam or he's gonna try to rob me. (Bad idea) they were in a somewhat remote location. Too good to be true I'm thinking. But I told him I would take them pending visual inspection. He responded that if they would fit in the dumpster they would already be there and that he wants them gone. So, I go up to look. I arrive at 60 acres he is turning into a wedding venue. I see money everywhere. Timber framed gazabos with stained glass. Freshly dug ponds. Groomsman airstream trailer with full bar, pool tables and a shooting range right out the door. (What could go wrong :) Heavy equipment operating everywhere. Out buildings and cabins under construction everywhere. Lots going on. He is balls to the wall trying to get this thing going. When I asked him what's up, he said he was using them to light the jobsites but the city ran power to the location and he no longer needed them. He paid $2000 apiece for them at auction. He was so swamped with what he had going on that I was doing him a favor getting them out of his way I guess. Anyway I happily took them and they were FREE! He didn't even ask for the $200. I had to make a couple of trips and he was not there for the last visits. All my buddies yelled scam when I headed up to Ga. But I was willing to take the chance. I got there, and brought them home. I stripped the panels, controllers, battery cables and usable batteries and sold the rest to the junkyard for $350 after giving a buddy 1 trailer for his farm and the mast off one to a fellow ham for a extendable mast along with 4 6 volt batteries (weight, that cost me). That alone was another 2000 lbs @.10lB (We haggeled, he paid .12 for batteries and .o8 for scrap so we agreed at .10lB.

Bottom line............You will NEVER win the lottery if you do not play! You prolly won't win even if you do but I can guarantee that you 100% won't if you don't take the chance.

Deals that seem to good to be true DO exist! They are pretty damn rare though. :)

Hats off to the OP for giving it a shot. He thinks like I do. Fortuna Audentes Juvat

(after post edit) After reading his initial post several months ago I almost ordered some of these batteries myself :cool:

Last edited:
No, but I am waiting on my flux capacitor to arrive from Ali. The guy's ad said it was just like this one but cheaper.

It shipped just short of 90 days ago but is currently hung up in customs ?‍♀️
This is the most obvious scam of all!!

Everybody knows that a flux capacitor needs exactly 1.21 gigawatts!!! A 121 gigawatts flux capacitor would just not work!

No, but I am waiting on my flux capacitor to arrive from Ali. The guy's ad said it was just like this one but cheaper.

It shipped just short of 90 days ago but is currently hung up in customs ?‍♀️

My point was that you were able to lay hands on and verify the deal before putting your money down. Not the case with Ali.

I do not play the lottery but if I did, I can assure you, I would have lost more than I gained. That said, add up all the time/money looking for the cheapest deals would cost you more than if you paid retail.

Life is just a bunch of choices we make. The better choices we make, usually dictates a better life. I'm not so cheap to search every 'deal' only to strike out more often than not.

Yes, there are deals out there and I've got a few good ones too. Still does not change my mind about doing your due diligence.

Anybody out there see the ads on Facebook like the $49.99 Honda 2200 watt inverter generator with free shipping anywhere in the world? Clearly some people are falling for them or there wouldn't be such a profusion of these ads. It just aggravates me that such blatant scam ads are allowed to run at all.

I do not play the lottery but if I did, I can assure you, I would have lost more than I gained. That said, add up all the time/money looking for the cheapest deals would cost you more than if you paid retail.
Looking on craigslist during my lunch hour cost me nothing.
Life is just a bunch of choices we make. The better choices we make, usually dictates a better life. I'm not so cheap to search every 'deal' only to strike out more often than not.
I'm not cheap nor are my builds. I have no issue with getting and using superior or equal materials for cheaper or free.
Yes, there are deals out there and I've got a few good ones too. Still does not change my mind about doing your due diligence.
The occasional killer deals I have gotten are what keeps me looking. Like you, I'm a firm believer in due diligence.

I think the gig is up.

Sent vendor a question on why tracking details were not showing up on the Aliexpress tracking page whereas third party sites showed progress and received a nonsensical answer. Opened a dispute with Aliexpress and now a few days later the third party sites that were showing process no longer recognize the number.... Will be contacting CC co. today for a refund.
Don't even bother with aliexpress go straight to your credit card, they will do everything they can to protect the seller not you.

Don't even bother with aliexpress go straight to your credit card, they will do everything they can to protect the seller not you.
Yeah that was something that I did at the same time to warn them. No issue in getting my money back a couple weeks ago now.

Just so everyone knows, I am cheap and my wife calls me a real tight a$$. I wear those badges proudly. That does not mean I buy cheap junk.

I joined this forum, mainly to see if I could find a review on these cells since I have been thinking of ordering them for a while.. I have purchase alot of small items from aliexpress, mostly tiny bikinis and slutty clothes for my now ex hot batshit crazy ex g/f..so I have had my bad experiences with Ali, but most of the orders have been positive.
That said, on a larger purchase, when a deal looks too good to be true... it usually is ..too good to be true... keep us posted

I joined this forum, mainly to see if I could find a review on these cells since I have been thinking of ordering them for a while.. I have purchase alot of small items from aliexpress, mostly tiny bikinis and slutty clothes for my now ex hot batshit crazy ex g/f..so I have had my bad experiences with Ali, but most of the orders have been positive.
That said, on a larger purchase, when a deal looks too good to be true... it usually is ..too good to be true... keep us posted
One thing to keep in mind is the fact that no manufacturer is producing a 320ah cell, so you already know they are lying to you. 99% of the "grade A" cells sold are not.

Back