diy solar

diy solar

4 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

Thanks. I saw one that said pure sine wave hybrid inverter, but it's off-grid only. I got the impression that the

SRNE ASF48100U200-H was capable of being grid-tied.

Paging @fafrd
I'm pretty sure you had figured out the specifics on the other versions such as the Y&H in another thread.
This is the thread I started on the new Y&H 10kW HF Split-phase hybrid before I figured out is was a rebadged SRNE inverter: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/new-y-h-split-phase-10kw-hybrid-inverter.63913/

All I figured out is that every specific I could nail down between SRNE and Y&H matched. Finding the Y&H manual to confirm that it is identical to he SRNE manual (except for all references to ‘SRNE’ being globally replaced with ‘Y&H’ :)) would be the definitive proof the two inverters are identical.

So it's confirmed that SRNE is the OEM?
Yes.
If anyone has other evidence please let me know.
Thanks. I saw one that said pure sine wave hybrid inverter, but it's off-grid only. I got the impression that the

SRNE ASF48100U200-H was capable of being grid-tied.

What's your definition of grid tied?
The model you listed (and I bought) does have the option to sell excess back to the grid in the menu; I don't plan to enable that setting, ever.

So it's confirmed that SRNE is the OEM?
Pretty much confirmed that SRNE is the manufacturer of the 10kW Split-Phase inverter they sell (and probably also any and all inverters they sell).

Pretty much confirmed that Y&H is a rebadger and manufactures no actual inverters themselves (no specifies Y&H-specific customizations).

Pretty much confirmed that the Y&H and SRNE 10kW Split-phase inverters are identical.

What's your definition of grid tied?
The model you listed (and I bought) does have the option to sell excess back to the grid in the menu; I don't plan to enable that setting, ever
That's my definition too. Wanted to make sure if I decide to go for the PowMr that I am getting the exact same thing as the model you listed.

I'm going the OEM route, not that it probably matters much, but I prefer the look of it. :cool:

Another thing, I'm not sure if I missed it, but I didn't see any reference to how loud it is and how much power it draws when idle. Can you advise? Thanks.

I'm going the OEM route, not that it probably matters much, but I prefer the look of it. :cool:
When you purchase direct from the manufacturer, you are almost certain to get better technical support than purchasing from a rebadger.

Warranty coverage should be better as well though a rebadged can elect to replace a faulty unit as easily as the manufacturer…

If the inverter supports any communication protocol and the buyer has any interests to make use of that for customized control, that’s probably the single area where purchasing from the manufacturer is hands-down better.

Another thing, I'm not sure if I missed it, but I didn't see any reference to how loud it is and how much power it draws when idle. Can you advise? Thanks.
Fans are super quiet compared the the tp/lvx 6048 I was running. I definitely hear them if I'm in the basement and the dryer is running or solar is charging during mid day.
I clamped idle ~100 watts but think it's lower than that based on how much less my packs drop overnight. I've been meaning to test it again.
Fans https://diysolarforum.com/threads/srne-asf48100u200-h-10kw.67809/post-862682
Idle https://diysolarforum.com/threads/srne-asf48100u200-h-10kw.67809/post-862662

Sorry for the crappy pics of the screen...
I commissioned this at the beginning of September.
(battery temp looks whacky because I updated SA and changed to F, the sensors are also sitting directly under the inverter with my temporary setup.

Attachments

• IMG_20230913_204306.jpg
    IMG_20230913_204306.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230913_204504.jpg
    IMG_20230913_204504.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20230913_204418.jpg
    IMG_20230913_204418.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
Fans are super quiet compared the the tp/lvx 6048 I was running. I definitely hear them if I'm in the basement and the dryer is running or solar is charging during mid day.
So suitable for using in a hallway?

Interesting that there is no data for the PV voltage, current and AC output when I only look at the time frame the SRNE was installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20230913_205350.jpg
    IMG_20230913_205350.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4
Sorry for the crappy pics of the screen...
I commissioned this at the beginning of September.
(battery temp looks whacky because I updated SA and changed to F, the sensors are also sitting directly under the inverter with my temporary setup.
Buss voltage spikes to high 500s? Is that normal? Is that on mppt recalc each cold morning or what?

Buss voltage spikes to high 500s? Is that normal? Is that on mppt recalc each cold morning or what?
I have no idea if it's normal, I don't fully understand it yet.
Looking at the last day it spikes just before the batteries go to float.

Attachments

• IMG_20230913_210247.jpg
    IMG_20230913_210247.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20230913_210501.jpg
    IMG_20230913_210501.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
I would think so, depending what living area is around. I'd suggest running a box fan on high in the area you plan to put it and see if the noise bothers you.
Thanks. That would definitely be a problem. If the fans don't run for small loads below 1200W it would be ok, but I'm guessing the fans run all the time?

Back