diy solar

diy solar

$72 ANT BMS: Current Report by BMS is only half of the actual current

Hello. New member here. With regards to you “If you are going to have more than one ANT-BMS in your setups.” (Feb 4, 2020) post. The 4th screen shots on “internal resistance”, could you please explain further on that? Are they adjustable and the their functions?

Attachments

• 5DEE98D0-B300-4A8A-82E0-13C6D90BA6BA.png
    5DEE98D0-B300-4A8A-82E0-13C6D90BA6BA.png
    13.9 KB · Views: 7
Hello. New member here. With regards to you “If you are going to have more than one ANT-BMS in your setups.” (Feb 4, 2020) post. The 4th screen shots on “internal resistance”, could you please explain further on that? Are they adjustable and the their functions?
If you know the internal resistance of your cells you can enter it here. I don't set this on my 3 ANT BMS's.

Basically that is just for info/recording and no actual functionality? Thanks for the info.

Trawled the whole thread for a screenshot on ANT bms settings, no hits. could someone point me to where i could see it?

Not sure how you can't see them? On the old app they are in Param1 tab and new app they are in ParameterSet tab.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230711_060802_MaYi-BMS.jpg
    Screenshot_20230711_060802_MaYi-BMS.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20230711_060830_bms.jpg
    Screenshot_20230711_060830_bms.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 3
Not sure how you can't see them? On the old app they are in Param1 tab and new app they are in ParameterSet tab.
Thanks, guess i didnt phrase my question properly.

I am coming from daly which has very minimal settings, now on Ant, am bombarded with tons of settings. So am asking if someone has a write up or screenshot of how to set it properly.

2ndly am having an issue of the bms battery breaker tripping off, if i hook up an inverter to it.i guess its the inverter inrush current.os there a setting on the BMS i can use to prevent this??.

I have attached a screenshot of some of the confusing settings. Do you have an idea, what value i shud put there?

Attachments

• IMG_20230710_234831.jpg
    IMG_20230710_234831.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 5
Set the sleep time to max which should be 65535. You could try and raise the precharge current but I don't know your BMS rating or battery size. Don't touch the other settings on this page. I'll post my settings once I compile to single document.

For connecting inverter you should be using a precharge resistor. The instant current will probably always trip the BMS. The old Android app had a lot less settings while this newer one is quite confusing.

These are my settings. I'm sure there are errors but working at the moment.

Attachments

• AntBMS-Settings-New.png
    AntBMS-Settings-New.png
    780.8 KB · Views: 7
These are my settings. I'm sure there are errors but working at the moment.
many thanks!

balance current 2amps and 180N---mine is on 280N and 10amps by default
precharge current 60amps, mine is 20amps by default.

You have a clue what this precharge current is all about?.
this inverter inrush current, you have any idea what value it is?, i find it strange that my 2p 100amps breaker trips when hooking up 3.2kw sorotec inverter. thats basically 200amps, the way i wired it, yet it trips if i dont use the precharge resistor, am thinking the breaker may be defective....what do you think?.. my bms is 320amps ant. battery pack is 16s x 230ah eve cells.

lastly the bms activate cables, do you leave the 2 joined together...or leave them hooked up to a cell permanently?..or leave them separate/free?

I don't use the inbuilt balancer as I have separate active balancers on each pack. Looking at my settings, I think the balancer is still operating. Set both voltages high and it will never turn on. Balance current is 180mA and BalanceChargingCurrent means >2A going into battery for balance to turn on.

Not sure on Pre-charge current. Seems to be similar to Discharge Current limit in terms of functionality. I never connect without a resistor and once connected I never disconnect unless doing maintenance so it's not an issue. What breaker are you using? I only have a switch and fuse between battery and inverter.

If you apply a charge then the BMS will turn on. Otherwise a quick battery connect on the wires will turn it on. I use an old 18650 cell for this and just leave the wires disconnected.

Attachments

• 20220923_144235.jpg
    20220923_144235.jpg
    444.5 KB · Views: 1
There are 6 settings.

1. The voltage that balancing stops.
2. The voltage that balancing starts.
3. The voltage delta for balancing to start.
4. The voltage delta for balancing to stop.
5. The balance current.
6. The charge current required for balancing to start.

If you trip on high cell voltage (3.65V) then you turn back on at the voltage defined in recover. Settings should not be to close otherwise you will bounce between trip and recover.

Back