diy solar

diy solar

Anyone know the current status of the neutral bond issue with the EG4 3000?

JimWalts

I just received a EG4 3000 and the discussion about where to neutral bond is all over the map. SO as of February 2024 when using the grid to charge the batteries, AKA the AC in is plugged into the wall, do I neutral bond at my installed load center or does the plug in the wall provide the electric to charge my batteries also provide the neutral bond back to my main breaker panel?!

I just received a EG4 3000 and the discussion about where to neutral bond is all over the map. SO as of February 2024 when using the grid to charge the batteries, AKA the AC in is plugged into the wall, do I neutral bond at my installed load center or does the plug in the wall provide the electric to charge my batteries also provide the neutral bond back to my main breaker panel?!
Tell me about your system.
Is it a single 3000?
Is it being installed in a mobile system or is it hard-wired/stationary (It sounds like it is not hard-wired).

Tell me about your system.
Is it a single 3000?
Is it being installed in a mobile system or is it hard-wired/stationary (It sounds like it is not hard-wired).
It is a single 3000. It will be attached to one battery for the foreseeable future and I will run a plug so the AC in can be plugged into a nearby wall socket. I recognize that I can't charge with much current from a wall socket. I DO have a load center attached to the AC out with a few breakers in it and run to a few outlets in 2 different directions.
My question is, if it is always plugged into the wall would I separate the grounds and neutrals at the box? Is that how these work?
It is not mobile. When I finish installing it, it will be stationary. Perhaps I will run a dedicated 30 amp circuit to it in the future, but for now, it will be plugged into a wall socket.

My question is, if it is always plugged into the wall would I separate the grounds and neutrals at the box? Is that how these work?
It is not mobile. When I finish installing it, it will be stationary. Perhaps I will run a dedicated 30 amp circuit to it in the future, but for now, it will be plugged into a wall socket.
The system you describe will work fine if neutral and ground are kept separate on the output. (The down stram breaker box should be set up as a sub panel with Neutral and ground kept separate)

The system you describe will work fine if neutral and ground are kept separate on the output. (The down stram breaker box should be set up as a sub panel with Neutral and ground kept separate)
If the system is portable, mounted in RV with provisions to connect to grid if needed, what is best way to handle the ground?

These are a common neutral?

Back