diy solar

diy solar

Aolithium duties to canada

killarneygetaway

I am wondering if anyone in Canada has ordered from Aolithium.ca and if so, what kind of duties were charged when your purchase arrived. Fully expect to be charged taxes. Just wondering what additional COD charges there will be on delivery.

Thank you
J

This is the only definitive post I can see re ordering from Canada:

These appear to be shipping from a warehouse in Alberta Canada. (Odd province for them to go to...)
S&H appears to be "National Courier" like UPS/DHL/FedEx and has a very generic (too much so for in Canada sales) statement about shipping:
" All additional charges are the responsibility of the customer, including duties, taxes, and any potential warranty return." I would "Assume" that the duties & levies are already rolled into the price so most likely they are charging Courier + Prov/Terr. Taxes as applicable.

They have a direct Tel $ of 1-805-590-8077 but they have "Foll Free: 1+86-133-7517 -9519" (guess where that goes) and it is FOLL free !
BTW: It is an off the shelf canned website (common template) which can be seen on several sites. Given that they have warehouses in EU & US as well, it was likely the best & simplest solution to use a standard "Canned Website Template", so I would not read too much into that.

I did note however that in their downloads section, they only have DOCs, no app or software links. I would enquire about that and do clarify IF the BMS on these battery packs is Locked or Not ! Many companies are now locking users out of changing the BMS Settings with prebuilt batteries which is understandable to a point BUT not acceptable in my opinion.

Hope it helps, Good Luck

Their Canadian website indicates free 5 day shipping in Canada. If they are shipped from their Alberta warehouse there will not be any duty or brokerage fees. However their contact phone number has a 615 area code which is in Tennessee, USA.

I like the specs on their 5 KWhr 48 V rack batteries - Just sent them an enquiry to see if their Canbus/485 bus protocols are compatible with Schneider XW-Pro Inverters. If so, these could be a very economical choice at C$1,899.99 ea with 8 year warranty.

Excellent that they post the standby power drain time in their documentation, unlike Fortress and some other battery manufacturers which hide this crucial system design element.

I would enquire about that and do clarify IF the BMS on these battery packs is Locked or Not ! Many companies are now locking users out of changing the BMS Settings with prebuilt batteries which is understandable to a point BUT not acceptable in my opinion.
The 3 12v 100Ah batteries I received last year were not BMS locked. The app AOLithium provides is read-only, but by using a 3rd-party app for the JBD BMS I can change parameters. The iPhone app I use is “SmartBMS Utility” by Justin Kuehner.

I should mention that while I did initially change certain settings I ultimately decided the factory settings were more appropriate and reset them. Also, changing these likely voids the warranty so be aware of that. I still like the 3rd party app for the individual cell and temperature monitor (3 per battery) visibility it exposes.

Last edited:
Their Canadian website indicates free 5 day shipping in Canada. If they are shipped from their Alberta warehouse there will not be any duty or brokerage fees. However their contact phone number has a 615 area code which is in Tennessee, USA.

I like the specs on their 5 KWhr 48 V rack batteries - Just sent them an enquiry to see if their Canbus/485 bus protocols are compatible with Schneider XW-Pro Inverters. If so, these could be a very economical choice at C$1,899.99 ea with 8 year warranty.

Excellent that they post the standby power drain time in their documentation, unlike Fortress and some other battery manufacturers which hide this crucial system design element.
Got a reply back the next day saying that they are not yet compatible with Schneider network protocols.......

Back