diy solar

diy solar

Are there any inverter/charges for under $500 that don't suck?

I have a partial photo of the insides of the MPPT.

Attachments

• f610766cd5e013776941a5d16bd90473.jpg
    f610766cd5e013776941a5d16bd90473.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 26
And this is the UPS I ordered but it is the 1K model. Mine will be 2k, 24 volt DC input, 60hz and 110 AC output. All confirmed with Camille.

Attachments

• FT-B.jpg
    FT-B.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 36
I have a partial photo of the insides of the MPPT.

Which unit is that one ?
I saw you linked to Ampinvt in an earlier post.

Edit : I was typing mine as your were submitting your next post....

Which unit is that one ?
I saw you linked to Ampinvt in an earlier post.

Edit : I was typing mine as your were submitting your next post....
I was going to go with the Ampinvt and could have easily bought the 2Kw version from Top One Powers' alibaba website. After I saw your review, I became interested in the products sold by Snadi.

I am hoping all the basics work...lol. I will most likely never use the full 2000 watts. I don't have a photo of the back of my unit. It's the same basic stuff for hard wiring the AC input/output and the battery, with two AC outlets already mounted capable of 10 amps total. I will buy a heavy duty appliance cord for the AC input.

The battery terminal is the same type as the AC terminals but it is larger. When I asked Camille what size AWG the battery terminals were capable of, she said she would include the battery cable. I should have asked her what mm battery cable it would accept. I calculated it out going from the spec sheet in the manual and it should be fine.

I did pay $5.00 extra for the RS232 port. Not sure if that will have any value...will have to wait and see.

I also discovered the inverter @mateo ordered is sold by Snadi. I am thinking there are various suppliers selling this stuff and it's all coming from a central factory.

I have attached the manual for the MPPT. You will have to unzip it. NOTE: I too was impressed with Aussiesim's review and he got a sweet deal. But still use caution if buying from Snadi. I will do a review of mine when I receive it. I hope it's shipped before the Chinese New Year.

Yup definitely seems like mine's a Snadi. Thanks for that find, I'll look into them more. But I also just read Aussiesim's review of his Snadi (albeit a very different product) and doesn't seem too shabby. And seems like you got a pretty solid deal at $404! That's only $11 more than I paid but for an all-in-one! Looking forward to seeing how it works for you. I'll also definitely let you all know how mine goes once I receive it!

Yup definitely seems like mine's a Snadi. Thanks for that find, I'll look into them more. But I also just read Aussiesim's review of his Snadi (albeit a very different product) and doesn't seem too shabby. And seems like you got a pretty solid deal at $404! That's only $11 more than I paid but for an all-in-one! Looking forward to seeing how it works for you. I'll also definitely let you all know how mine goes once I receive it!
Mine doesn't have a SCC built in. It's very close to what you ordered but in a bigger case. Typical Inverter/Charger. But in a UPS style case.

Camille messaged me last night to let me know mine is getting ready for shipping. She wanted to confirm I did not want to make any changes. I have triple confirmed with her it is to be a 2kw inverter, 24 volt DC, 110 volt AC and 60hz. She sent me a photo of the battery cable she is including...lol. It's not what I need to connect to the UPS's terminals but I might find another use for it. Anyways I am crossing my fingers. I will update when I receive it. Looking forward to hearing back from you as well.

Attachments

• Battery Cable.jpg
    Battery Cable.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 13
Mine doesn't have a SCC built in. It's very close to what you ordered but in a bigger case. Typical Inverter/Charger. But in a UPS style case.

Camille messaged me last night to let me know mine is getting ready for shipping. She wanted to confirm I did not want to make any changes. I have triple confirmed with her it is to be a 2kw inverter, 24 volt DC, 110 volt AC and 60hz. She sent me a photo of the battery cable she is including...lol. It's not what I need to connect to the UPS's terminals but I might find another use for it. Anyways I am crossing my fingers. I will update when I receive it. Looking forward to hearing back from you as well.
Ohh gotcha. Everyone was talking about all-in-ones haha. But nice! Sounds like you'll get yours before I do.. Mine's comin slow from China. Luckily I'm nowhere near ready to install it so I don't mind the wait.

What is the purpose for the bigger case? Are you putting battery cells in it?

It will be stationary used as a backup in my apartment for when the power goes out. And everything is in an occupied space. If you look at the photo I posted above you will see there is no room for any battery.

It will be stationary used as a backup in my apartment for when the power goes out. And everything is in an occupied space. If you look at the photo I posted above you will see there is no room for any battery.
Do you know when you expect to get the unit? It looks a good company tp deal with, I will have to keep them in mind. BTW, do you have the link to the FT-B 2KW? I cannot find it on the website. Thanks.

Last edited:
Do you know when you expect to get the unit? It looks a good company tp deal with, I will have to keep them in mind.
I am going to contact Camille within a couple of days and will know more then. I will update.

BTW, do you have the link to the FT-B 2KW? I cannot find it on the website. Thanks.
Sorry I didn't see your edit. There is no direct link to it. When I was chatting with Camille I mentioned the largest wattage FT-B was only 1kw. She then said they are available up to 6kw. You need to chat with her and let her know what you need to get a quote.

I did receive my tracking number last night. It's being shipped air via DHL Express but it hasn't been delivered to DHL yet. I will post updates. At least I know my unit is finished and is very close to being on it's way. :)

Sorry I didn't see your edit. There is no direct link to it. When I was chatting with Camille I mentioned the largest wattage FT-B was only 1kw. She then said they are available up to 6kw. You need to chat with her and let her know what you need to get a quote.

I did receive my tracking number last night. It's being shipped air via DHL Express but it hasn't been delivered to DHL yet. I will post updates. At least I know my unit is finished and is very close to being on it's way. :)
So it is not shipped with slow boat from China, that is great.

Well I may have lucked out. We'll see. I was getting concerned with the Chinese New Year coming up. So I contacted Camille and she contacted the shipping forwarder and said she would get back to me. She did and told me the inverter (UPS) is supposed to be on the plane on the 5th. Crossing my fingers it also flies through customs and will be delivered to my door. Maybe another 10 days and it will be here.

A short up date. My package was scanned by DHL today and has an estimated delivery date of 2-10. I am not very good with reviews and photos but I will do the best I can. I plan to start a new thread within a week of receiving it but I will post once I have received it and maybe post a photo or two in this thread.

Also, I was wondering, does anybody use two inverters, one big and one little?
I'll explain..

The only AC load I require running 24/7 is my mini fridge which is I believe only 50-60W, and other than that my basic electric needs will be DC (lights, electronics charging, fans, etc..)
So it seems sort of silly to have an inverter that draws power on standby when I am barely using any of its power.
Is it logical to get a small 150W inverter (something like this, but would maybe try and find a 150w) and run the fridge off of that 24/7, and then only turn on and use the full size 2Kw inverter when necessary?
I have a 100W mini refrigerator. A few years ago bought a 300W/600W peak inverter to run it in event of outage. When I tested it the 300W inverter would beep and could not start the refrigerator. I ended up having to buy a 600W/ 1200W peak inverter which was able to handle the in rush current. My advice don't buy an inverter smaller than 300W/600W for your 60W mini-fridge I would play it safe and get a 600W/1200W inverter.

My Growatts do 3k and slightly above. Most of my "testing" that put it at or slightly over 3k was from a ~1500w microwave that would cycle.
Interesting- do you know of any 12v options that can be hooked up in parallel, or support up to 2k watts for the inverter? (80a+ for MPPT) ?
I had tried the MPP Solar and they get their models all muddled on their USA site.

Shucks.. :ROFLMAO: And the Snati was moving along quickly. Flew through customs but now grounded due to bad weather.

Attachments

• DHL.jpg
    DHL.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 19
Shucks.. :ROFLMAO: And the Snati was moving along quickly. Flew through customs but now grounded due to bad weather.

"Force Majeure"

a.k.a. an Act of God

What have you done to incur His Wrath?!

This 48v/240v 6kW LF inverter/charger is under $500, but the shipping bites; I picked up two, which made shipping a little less painful. One inverter is for the house (significant AC usage during summer), and a second is for the rear apartment. The inverter for the apt must also handle a 240v well pump, which supplies water to these residences and a third nearby; figure 18kW surge capability should suffice to keep the pump happy. These beasts are big and black and beautiful, and unbelievably heavy. Been busy getting the garden going, but I hope to run tests soon.

Back