diy solar

diy solar

BATTERY SELLERS - THE GOOD, BAD, UGLY -- or Jenny (DOCAN) so far so good ...

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to draw attention to this concern again. I still don't know how much current I could drain from the battery. This is usually stated as "C" like here:
LFP Guide (see "Higher Power | Discharge Rate | Current Limit") or here Docan Technology shop @alibaba (see PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS table)

But in the pdf provided they say under 2.3.2 Maximum discharge power (continuous): 0.5P
Is that the same as "max constant discharge current 0.5C" ?

Also according to the pdf under 2.1.4 Impedance (1KHz): 0.17±0.05mΩ
seems to be lower than what I usually read from other 280Ah batteries where this value is usually ≤0.25mΩ
I don't even know if lower is better or the other way around.

Any thoughts on that?
Thank you.

Edit:
If found this nice table LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Cell Database. And according to that (line CATL 280Ah) 0.5P and 0.5C seems to be innerchangable terms. ... If I can trust the table ^^
these cell have a max discharge of 1c and max charge of .5 c

CATL 302Ah Datasheet​

Item​

Parameter​

Remark​

Nominal Capacity​

302Ah​

25±2℃,1C,Fresh Cell​

Nominal Voltage​

3.2V​

Operating Voltage​

2.5~3.65V​

2.0~3.65V​

T>0℃​

T≤0℃​

Internal Resistance​

0.18±0.05mΩ​

40%SOC, Fresh Cell​

Self discharge(monthly)​

≤3.5%​

Operating
Temperature​

Charge​

0~65℃​

Discharge​

-35~65℃​

Weight​

≤5.51Kg​

Cycle Life​

≥4000cycles​

Standard Charge Current​

0.5C​

25±2℃​

Max. Continuous Discharge
Current​

1C​

25±2℃​

Dimension​

207.2*71.65*174mm​

Thank you for your feedback.

I would like to draw attention to this concern again. I still don't know how much current I could drain from the battery. This is usually stated as "C" like here:
LFP Guide (see "Higher Power | Discharge Rate | Current Limit") or here Docan Technology shop @alibaba (see PRODUCT SPECIFICATIONS table)

But in the pdf provided they say under 2.3.2 Maximum discharge power (continuous): 0.5P
Is that the same as "max constant discharge current 0.5C" ?

Also according to the pdf under 2.1.4 Impedance (1KHz): 0.17±0.05mΩ
seems to be lower than what I usually read from other 280Ah batteries where this value is usually ≤0.25mΩ
I don't even know if lower is better or the other way around.

Any thoughts on that?
Thank you.

Edit:
If found this nice table LiFePO4 Lithium Battery Cell Database. And according to that (line CATL 280Ah) 0.5P and 0.5C seems to be innerchangable terms. ... If I can trust the table ^^
C and P are interchangeable.

Lower resistance is better. Less resistance means higher flow and less heat.

I am on my third order with Daisy@Docan. The last two purchases were EVE 304ah but she indicated that there are no EVE batteries to be had. They had CATL 302 batteries so I elected to get those. Slightly more than $600 with shipping and the transaction went through PayPal.

I expect the same level of professionalism with this order.

Hi there,

I replied to Jenny that I am ready to buy and that I want to pay via PayPal. She sent me an excel including a PROFORMA INVOICE. The PayPal address where the money should go to is

energy2021@yeah.net

is this something I should be worried about?

Edit: it seems to be legit. Found some answers here: https://diysolarforum.com/threads/b...-or-jenny-doncan-so-far-so-good.33363/page-11
Did you have to pay a surcharge to send the money? When I got the invoice, wiring money added 3% to the cost and other payment methods added 5% (I can wire money for free on my end - it was a charge they added, apparently to receive the money?).

Did you have to pay a surcharge to send the money? When I got the invoice, wiring money added 3% to the cost and other payment methods added 5% (I can wire money for free on my end - it was a charge they added, apparently to receive the money?).
I've had additional fees on both purchases I've made so far..

Yes indeed. 5% PayPal fee for some reason

No. That fee is charged by paypal. Not them. Other payment methods have different fees.

Another way to view it is that when you get a price quoted with DDP shipping included, that is the price of the item shipped to your door. It is then the merchants job to pay whatever fees are required to get that process accomplished. When you accept the quote and agree to the deal, it is then your job to get the money from your bank account into the merchants bank account, and you pay whatever fees are required to get that process accomplished.

That being said, I will readily agree that the fees charged by financial transaction companies are usurious.

It is the cheap companies that charge. At least you see the fees out in the open. The other option they could just give you one price that covers everything. Either way it will be the same price in the end. I got mine from Docan too. Great batteries.

If there's no way to send them money without a fee, then the price they quote seems fraudulent. Especially since they are shipping from a US warehouse
They accept wire transfers, no fees there, also I’d wager if u drove to the Huston Wearhouse I’m sure u could prob pay in cash on the spot for in stock cells.

For me paying via CC I had no issue with the fee as I had some protection via the CC.

Easy solution for the fees that i found..get a zero percent credit card with 300 cash back bonus when you spend 3k. I spent that and than some and got 300 cash back.

I am brand new here, starting to build a LiFePO4 battery. I read enough to realize that Alibaba/Docan is what I wanted to use, but not enough to talk with anyone specific. That said, I talked with Henry, and I got a quote for $566 ($420 + $99 shipping + $10 fee + $37.07 sales tax) for 4 CATL 280ah batteries. He quoted a delivery time of 40-50 days.

I am brand new here, starting to build a LiFePO4 battery. I read enough to realize that Alibaba/Docan is what I wanted to use, but not enough to talk with anyone specific. That said, I talked with Henry, and I got a quote for $566 ($420 + $99 shipping + $10 fee + $37.07 sales tax) for 4 CATL 280ah batteries. He quoted a delivery time of 40-50 days.
That sounds like it's coming from China. US stock was a bit more, and less than a week shipping.

Back