diy solar

diy solar

Beware of Docan Technologies (Issue Resolved)

One post and we’ll never hear from this guy again. Maybe he bought his cells from docanpower.net ?‍♂️

Post an actual picture of the QR code, post a picture of the cells.

As for my purchase of 8 230ah cells, no issues.

Just saying. I've never ordered from them. But they do have some 400 and 320 amp-hour cells listed. I saw at least two other people posting about getting bloated cells from Docan.
Interesting, Multiple capacity listings on the page but the model is listed as 280Ah.
That is where I'd ask questions before ordering.
Thanks to the members here I was able to email Jenny directly, tell her what I wanted and review an invoice before paying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220606-194532.jpg
    Screenshot_20220606-194532.jpg
    135.8 KB · Views: 26
One post and we’ll never hear from this guy again. Maybe he bought his cells from docanpower.net ?‍♂️

Post an actual picture of the QR code, post a picture of the cells.

As for my purchase of 8 230ah cells, no issues.
Quite possible, but I will point out that vendors suddenly going downhill is a thing in this industry. Ask Will Prowse about a vendor that shipped him great cells, and then a few months later started sending everyone garbage after Will recommended them.

Then we have Michael B Caro.

Like I said, in another thread two different people reported swollen cells from Docan, and at least one of them showed date codes from 2019. They had pictures as well, and hung around to reply.

Certainly possible they got a bad batch. At these prices we know they aren't buying grade A cells from the manufacturer.

I got my eight 289K cells on time, last Friday and they appear to be perfect so far.

OP: While I'm not a fan of Docan, if you don't post pictures of your cells, we are going to assume you are just spreading FUD and are attacking Docan unfairly.

So what is it going to be chap? Pics or Stories?

OP: While I'm not a fan of Docan, if you don't post pictures of your cells, we are going to assume you are just spreading FUD and are attacking Docan unfairly.

So what is it going to be chap? Pics or Stories?
That will certainly encourage anyone new and reporting problems. What I see is a user who joined on February 3rd. He made one post, reporting a problem. It certainly seems possible he looked in February and ordered from a vendor that had so far had no bad reports. He then received the cells shipped from China and didn't get what he ordered. The dates certainly seem plausible. Is he telling the truth? Is he a shill for another company? Responses like "you are just spreading FUD and attacking Docan unfairly" won't encourage anyone to be more forthcoming. He just posted this morning, and it seems there are a lot of really impatient people. Give him at least 24 hours to follow up.

I'm interested in the results. I'm certainly not interested in the :

I got my eight 289K cells on time, last Friday and they appear to be perfect so far.

No offense, but that is even less information than the original poster. Are they perfect because they appear shiny? Did you test any?
Did you even use a meter to see what voltage they arrived at? (hint, that really means nothing despite what vendors tell you)
Date codes? I'm sure you mean well, but really it is not a useful post.

Last edited:
Fair enough,

but pictures can solve this very easily and everyone has phone with a camera, can easily be resolved.

Responses like "you are just spreading FUD and attacking Docan unfairly" won't encourage anyone to be more forthcoming.
What's insane to me is that any time anyone posts a good Docan review, everyone simply accepts it with no evidence whatsoever, but any time someone posts a complaint about Docan, a huge number of forum members just attack that person, demanding ridiculous evidence, and tons of people pile on. It's dumb and absolutely would discourage anyone from posting here.

We already have the proof we need that the OP is not lying. THE REAL TRUTH we can rely on is that Docan offered him money back for the confusion. That clearly means they feels like they fucked up, they wouldnt make any such offer if they were 100% in the right. END OF STORY - unless you ppl will post now saying "show us the email where docan offered $33 back", thinking thats made up as well....if you are thinking of posting this, give your head a shake :)

The price of $114/cell is also another red flag, even if he ordered in January 2022 that seems to be a made up number. How long has it been that 280k we’re even offered that low from Docan?

Until the OP shows back up (who think he actually will), I think the over whelming number of positive personal experiences out weigh one bad complaint.

Until the OP shows back up (who think he actually will)

I wouldn't bother posting back either if the first post I made was piled onto by a bunch of negative nellies, all saying the same thing in increasingly negative and accusatory tones...like really dudes? Thats how we welcome a new member who is just trying to post their experience? Get yourselves together.

If there was one post that was like "if you could provide some more information on the transaction, such as the original invoice <or whatever your guys strange demands are>, to further validate your review", I'm sure things would prob go different. As it stands you guys are discouraging anyone from making a review that isn't positive, and that's not actually good for any of us.

I guess it goes to how wildly different this guys experience is to what everyone else has experienced. Maybe it was a teething issue with Docan offering CATL and listings on their site. I thought they only offered Eve cells.

As for the examples of swollen cells Docan has delivered, I don’t believe anyone has question those buyers and it appears the majority of comments are “you get what you pay for, those cells don’t appear too bad, send them”.

I know I bought “value cells” from Docan, I am not pretending they are top quality best of the best, they will suit my needs and work just fine.

I don’t believe anyone has question those buyers
That is what is crazy. This dude's getting grilled, I posted about the cells I got from Docan in that thread with, well really no "proof" like what you guys are asking from OP, yet people just accepted it. It's ridiculous.

Like seriously - read back over the first page of this thread, with a modicum of empathy (as though you were the OP who had this issue and just wanted to post his review), and tell me it's not an embarrassment to this forum. There's over 10 posts there that are essentially wholesale discounting anything the OP has to say.

The weirdest part about this review is it is essentially an administrative issue. If he had ordered 280Ah cells, OP would be happy. He didn't, for whatever reason their system allowed him to add 302Ah cells to his cart/invoice and pay for them, and now the only thing they want to do about that is comp him $33 for his troubles.

Anyway, at this point all we can do is hope the OP doesn't feel put off enough that they can come back and shed further light on the situation. Maybe you guys are right and it's all OP's fault, but again, Docan has essentially made an admission of guilt by offering him *some* compensation, so I choose to believe, for now, that what OP is saying is true.

Honestly this issue might not even be that big of a deal. If he paid the 280Ah cell price, but just on his cart/invoice they were listed at 302Ah, then technically he did get what he paid for. Again, a stupid administrative issue, probably not even worth dumping on the guy for 2 pages of a thread.

I can explain what's going on at Docan.
It's because they can't get the 304s at the moment.

These are supposed to be the last batch of 280s without the B engraved onto the barcode. I'm so shocked no one here knows this yet. I've known for over a month. EVE has started to engrave onto the QR code a letter B. meaning B grade, these are commodity cells you are all purchasing.
They failed the quality certification from EVE for use in EV, Bus, and Commercial Grid-scale solar applications.
Eg they arent over 289AH in capacity.

It's been many years that B-grade and even used cells have been sold to 99.5& of people as A grade, and to be honest, it doesn't matter for 98% of folks.
But it does matter for people who will be cycling every day, if not multiple times a day. In that case, as Steve S has pointed out many times before, A grade cells are double the price. And you cant buy them on any of the sites you are all going to try and buy them.

EVE is getting serious about quality control and trying to make sure its products are represented as true. So they are now engraving a capital B on the QR, I've already heard these are being replaced with fake QRs on all of the Alibaba sellers. Sorry but this is what happens.

Again, as I said it won't really affect anyone because for years now, no one has ever known. So as long as you get 280-285AH at 0.5C and the IR is about 0.15-0.20. You should be ok. Along with appearance, as you don't want them to be already deformed, that would be very bad for new cells.

Anyhow, good luck with your purchases. And remember, Just paying more doesn't mean they are A grade. It could be just a business showing nice photos of the same B-grade cells charging double. If you want genuine A-grade cells. I can get them, and an ACTUAL factory report from EVE, not from some other company. However, I'm not in the USA. So I doubt anyone would want my help.

Oh and by the way, if you are using your cells for ESS, eg batteries for powering your stuff, like appliances etc, you should be getting the LF280K. Eve has told me numerous times, that is the best chemistry and design for 0.5C and high cycles, I have to take their word for it, because I cant go 10-20 years into the future.

btw, I don't know everything, and it's possible someone else knows even more details, but cant is bothered posting it. because it opens a huge can of worms. I still dont know how much truth there is between the LF280 and LF280K and apparently, there is a LF280L but I've never seen it on forums.

And you cant buy them on any of the sites you are all going to try and buy them.

Several people on this forum keep posting this, but we know it's not true - I don't know why it continues to be repeated.

You can buy EV grade, EVE cells with the EVE test reports from at least two suppliers, Luyuan if you want to wait for a boat from China or sunfunkits if you are in the USA.

I think its pretty much established that most users on the forum are fine with "good grade b" but no one wants to see the B on the QR code haha...
Its only a matter of time be CATL starts doing to the same thing.

I think its pretty much established that most users on the forum are fine with "good grade b" but no one wants to see the B on the QR code haha...
Its only a matter of time be CATL starts doing to the same thing.
Maybe, who knows, CATL arent really interested in the DIY market. They are focused on bigger things

Several people on this forum keep posting this, but we know it's not true - I don't know why it continues to be repeated.

You can buy EV grade, EVE cells with the EVE test reports from at least two suppliers, Luyuan if you want to wait for a boat from China or sunfunkits if you are in the USA.
Luyuan does test them and provides "a" report. I have ordered from them before, but they tested in 286-288 range, so from what I've learned over the past few years selling cells in another country, they are just the best of the B grades, very very close to the A grades, Luyuan does test them, themselves and matches and batches them, but they do charge extra for that. Hence the $150ish USD price.

It's interesting that the DOCAN Texas warehouse is selling the LF280N for $600 (for 4) and SunFunKits for $955. SunFunKits does specifically state they are automative grade.. It just seems so hard to know for certain who to trust.

Back